• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: What Is This Winded ****???

This week was the first time I heard it mentioned.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
      The Voice of Reason
      • Jul 2007

I get winded tying my shoes.

Anyways... I always love the conspiracy aspect of things, and have considered this team wants to be entertaining enough to garner money, but then lose just enough and just as miserably every time to snuff out the faithful, therefore making Ralph's death and inevitable move a "good riddance" from Bills fans. Any moron with an IQ above 80 knows that when you draft a weapon who is finally proving to be a WEAPON in the first round, you USE HIM. If CJ is now saying he has no clue what the hell Chan is talking about, there is something to wonder about. So disgusting...

This team has so much talent; Spiller, Fred, Stevie, Chandler, Graham has promise, Levitre, Glenn, Wood (when healthy), Hairston (swing and great depth), Pears (when healthy), Urbik, The Williams brothers, Dareus, Barnett, Gilmore, Byrd... You've seen all those jerseys in the stadium.

Even behind them, you see Bradham showing flashes, Brooks is about 60/40 as a 3rd game NFL player, McKelvin can return well, Kyle Moore aside from bonehead plays is putting pressure on pretty hard... I can't see this team as being in the position it's in other than God awful ****ing worthless coaching.
      Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
        They mentioned it a few times on the national Thursday night game, Gailey said CJ gets too excited out there and gets winded which is why he has to come out so much.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Nope he's been saying it for a month in the post game conference.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
            I bet you are always tired then!
            I always give it my all!
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

You know the one test they always gave us in research methodologies was to ask the question "does this make sense". That question determines what avenues you put your resources into testing for validity. And this doesn't make sense ... really it's just one thing in a very long line of BS that does not make sense.

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
              I get winded tying my shoes.

Anyways... I always love the conspiracy aspect of things, and have considered this team wants to be entertaining enough to garner money, but then lose just enough and just as miserably every time to snuff out the faithful, therefore making Ralph's death and inevitable move a "good riddance" from Bills fans. Any moron with an IQ above 80 knows that when you draft a weapon who is finally proving to be a WEAPON in the first round, you USE HIM. If CJ is now saying he has no clue what the hell Chan is talking about, there is something to wonder about. So disgusting...

This team has so much talent; Spiller, Fred, Stevie, Chandler, Graham has promise, Levitre, Glenn, Wood (when healthy), Hairston (swing and great depth), Pears (when healthy), Urbik, The Williams brothers, Dareus, Barnett, Gilmore, Byrd... You've seen all those jerseys in the stadium.

Even behind them, you see Bradham showing flashes, Brooks is about 60/40 as a 3rd game NFL player, McKelvin can return well, Kyle Moore aside from bonehead plays is putting pressure on pretty hard... I can't see this team as being in the position it's in other than God awful ****ing worthless coaching.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
                You're not 30 years old yet. Get off the PC and get on a treadmill for crying out loud
                Im getting closer and closer.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                  They mentioned it a few times on the national Thursday night game, Gailey said CJ gets too excited out there and gets winded which is why he has to come out so much.
                  He gets excited like my six year old? And he can't breath and maintain his focus???? Seriously??????

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                    He gets excited like my six year old? And he can't breath and maintain his focus???? Seriously??????
                    I think more like a class of 2nd graders when they find out somebody is bringing in cupcakes but the analogy is similar.

I've seen CJ Spiller play football since he was a senior in HS. I've seen him return punts and kicks and then make multiple runs on long drives. I have never seen or heard of him needing a breather after two runs. The fact that Gailey has the gall to blantantly lie to fans and about the conditioning of his own player to me is a fireable offense.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

It's Gailey speak for I am too much of a puss to tell Fred he needs to be a backup.

Comment

• Zero
                        Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        They probably want Fred in for pass protection situations and Gailey is trying to find a way to avoid tipping his hat to other teams.

Still, it's pretty stupid because anyone with half a brain is going to see that it isn't the case.

And, Spiller's been in the league for 3 ****ing years. If he gets winded that easily, why don't they have him on some kind of cardio program?
                        EXACTLY....

I see what Chan's trying to do, but he's actually giving away the play to opposing defenses by never allowing Spiller to pass protect. If Spiller's in, the D can assume a run is coming with great confidence.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve about Chan. His strategy is totally illogical. Basic strategy (in most competive sports, in chess etc..) says you attempt to dictate the style and speed of the game, employing a successful strategy until your opponent can demonstrate the ability to stop it. So, in the Bills' case, if you have a player that is ripping off, on average, 6 yards per attempt, you build a strategy around that player and ride it til they stop it. This means you can play action and use misdirecton to keep the defense off balance as it attempts to adjust to what you are doing. This does not mean, however, that you make a substitution for this player, or even worse, do something idiot like empty the backfield with 5 WR with no RB to speak of. It completely neuters what is working for the offense. This is a basic concept which should be common sense to anyone who has competed in mostly anything and I dont understand why it is so blatantly obvious to everyone on this board and not to this dummy....

It's as if Chan needs to pass in order to feel like he is in control of the offense...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Im telling you guys for whatever reason Gailey does not like CJ Spiller at all. I have no idea why.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

He drafted him...remember the Presser after his drafting? He loves CJ Spiller...at least he did.

Comment

• The King
                              Without me it's just Awe so
                              • Jun 2004

I really think this comes down to pass protection.
                              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                              It was all
                              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                                Im telling you guys for whatever reason Gailey does not like CJ Spiller at all. I have no idea why.
                                It's the only thing that makes sense.

That, or the Bills are intentionally trying to lose, as a couple others already implied.

The guy is clearly the best player on the team. There is no reason to NOT give him the ball.

And, if you are correct, IMO this is another fire-able offense: the coach not using the team's best player because of some sort of personal vendetta. It's Gailey's job to do everything he can to win football games, not give playing time to the guys he likes personally. There are 53 guys on an NFL team- the chances of the coach liking every single one of them are slim to none. Suck it up and play the guys who give us the best chance to win.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X