Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is This Winded ****???

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What Is This Winded ****???

You know the one test they always gave us in research methodologies was to ask the question "does this make sense". That question determines what avenues you put your resources into testing for validity. And this doesn't make sense ... really it's just one thing in a very long line of BS that does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    I get winded tying my shoes.

Anyways... I always love the conspiracy aspect of things, and have considered this team wants to be entertaining enough to garner money, but then lose just enough and just as miserably every time to snuff out the faithful, therefore making Ralph's death and inevitable move a "good riddance" from Bills fans. Any moron with an IQ above 80 knows that when you draft a weapon who is finally proving to be a WEAPON in the first round, you USE HIM. If CJ is now saying he has no clue what the hell Chan is talking about, there is something to wonder about. So disgusting...

This team has so much talent; Spiller, Fred, Stevie, Chandler, Graham has promise, Levitre, Glenn, Wood (when healthy), Hairston (swing and great depth), Pears (when healthy), Urbik, The Williams brothers, Dareus, Barnett, Gilmore, Byrd... You've seen all those jerseys in the stadium.

Even behind them, you see Bradham showing flashes, Brooks is about 60/40 as a 3rd game NFL player, McKelvin can return well, Kyle Moore aside from bonehead plays is putting pressure on pretty hard... I can't see this team as being in the position it's in other than God awful ****ing worthless coaching.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,469 Times in 14,177 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    You're not 30 years old yet. Get off the PC and get on a treadmill for crying out loud
    Im getting closer and closer.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    They mentioned it a few times on the national Thursday night game, Gailey said CJ gets too excited out there and gets winded which is why he has to come out so much.
    He gets excited like my six year old? And he can't breath and maintain his focus???? Seriously??????

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    He gets excited like my six year old? And he can't breath and maintain his focus???? Seriously??????
    I think more like a class of 2nd graders when they find out somebody is bringing in cupcakes but the analogy is similar.

I've seen CJ Spiller play football since he was a senior in HS. I've seen him return punts and kicks and then make multiple runs on long drives. I have never seen or heard of him needing a breather after two runs. The fact that Gailey has the gall to blantantly lie to fans and about the conditioning of his own player to me is a fireable offense.

5. Post thanked by:

sam5767 (12-12-2012)

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's Gailey speak for I am too much of a puss to tell Fred he needs to be a backup.

7. Post thanked by:

Jeff1220 (12-11-2012),Michael82 (12-11-2012)

Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs Zero's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    They probably want Fred in for pass protection situations and Gailey is trying to find a way to avoid tipping his hat to other teams.

Still, it's pretty stupid because anyone with half a brain is going to see that it isn't the case.

And, Spiller's been in the league for 3 ****ing years. If he gets winded that easily, why don't they have him on some kind of cardio program?
    EXACTLY....

I see what Chan's trying to do, but he's actually giving away the play to opposing defenses by never allowing Spiller to pass protect. If Spiller's in, the D can assume a run is coming with great confidence.

Which brings me to my next pet peeve about Chan. His strategy is totally illogical. Basic strategy (in most competive sports, in chess etc..) says you attempt to dictate the style and speed of the game, employing a successful strategy until your opponent can demonstrate the ability to stop it. So, in the Bills' case, if you have a player that is ripping off, on average, 6 yards per attempt, you build a strategy around that player and ride it til they stop it. This means you can play action and use misdirecton to keep the defense off balance as it attempts to adjust to what you are doing. This does not mean, however, that you make a substitution for this player, or even worse, do something idiot like empty the backfield with 5 WR with no RB to speak of. It completely neuters what is working for the offense. This is a basic concept which should be common sense to anyone who has competed in mostly anything and I dont understand why it is so blatantly obvious to everyone on this board and not to this dummy....

It's as if Chan needs to pass in order to feel like he is in control of the offense...

9. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Im telling you guys for whatever reason Gailey does not like CJ Spiller at all. I have no idea why.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He drafted him...remember the Presser after his drafting? He loves CJ Spiller...at least he did.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I really think this comes down to pass protection.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

13. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Im telling you guys for whatever reason Gailey does not like CJ Spiller at all. I have no idea why.
    It's the only thing that makes sense.

That, or the Bills are intentionally trying to lose, as a couple others already implied.

The guy is clearly the best player on the team. There is no reason to NOT give him the ball.

And, if you are correct, IMO this is another fire-able offense: the coach not using the team's best player because of some sort of personal vendetta. It's Gailey's job to do everything he can to win football games, not give playing time to the guys he likes personally. There are 53 guys on an NFL team- the chances of the coach liking every single one of them are slim to none. Suck it up and play the guys who give us the best chance to win.

15. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Gailey is using this for an excuse to cover for his lousy coaching.

17. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

CJ has handled all this like a pro too. If Gailey is here in 2013 Spiller has every right to demand a trade. IMO>

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    He drafted him...remember the Presser after his drafting? He loves CJ Spiller...at least he did.
    He didn't draft anybody, Nix drafted CJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The King View Post
    CJ has handled all this like a pro too. If Gailey is here in 2013 Spiller has every right to demand a trade. IMO>
    Absolutely, I'd advise his ass to sit out camp until he's dealt.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,370 Times in 8,983 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oh lord. I just walked to the mailbox and I'm just completely drenched in sweat.

I wish Chan Gailey was here to bench me so I could get a breather.

21. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (12-11-2012),ICRockets (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,314 Times in 13,736 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

and once again a fire-able offense: alienating the team's best talent. And like you said- Spiller has handled it like a pro. It's not a Lynch or Whitner situation where they are getting in trouble and mouthing off off the field. If Gailey doesn't like Spiller, it's purely personal. Spiller does well on the field and acts professional off of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

maybe CJ does get winded. he is running almost 2x as much per carry as fred.

but in seriousness, the best case scenario and admitted the overly optimistic viewpoint is this:

Nix knows gailey gets another shot next year. he's promised to deliver a QB. The bills are trying to limit CJ touches to keep him from any major injury so next year is the year to get off and running.

in truth, the bills couldn't do that because the fan base will not return of a gailey led team. but it's fun to dream sometimes that the plan is coming together.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Absolutely, I'd advise his ass to sit out camp until he's dealt.
    And with Freds career winding down, this is a move that would destroy us

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt that Spiller was winded the whole second half...he saw three touches in the second half, I think. Not more than that, for sure. Chan acts like this is kindergarten, where we have to share our crayons. Freddie was averaging 1.6 yards-per-carry, and Spiller was averaging 5.3 yards-per-carry. And here is another thing: Freddie had 14 yards rushing. How long was his longest run? That's right, 14 yards. You could say that Jackson had one rush for 14 yards, and 8 rushes for zero yards...you could say that and not be wrong.

So, Freddie gets more rushes than Spiller AGAIN. That's the point, and this has been true in every game that the two backs have both been active, pretty much. It's also true that Spiller outperformed Freddie by a HUGE margin in all of those games, generally. Makes absolutely no sense, and it never could, no matter what. Chan is being an absolute IDIOT about it, and there is no question about that.

He freakin' acts like it's rocket science to hand the ball off to Spiller more. There is nothing to that...just hand it to him. They asked Chan yesterday if he thought CJ should have gotten the ball more. His response? "You would always like for great players to get the ball more. It just, you know, ended up not working out that way." Then he says we're going TO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY to get the ball to him A LOT.

Now, is Chan really this stupid, or does he just take US to be that stupid? We didn't have the opportunity to give him the ball in the second half of a close game where we are ahead? What exactly stopped him? I mean, what exactly. Of course Spiller was not winded...of course not. Not for the entire second half.

He doesn't put Spiller in on crucial, key situations in crunch-time....he's not even on the field when the game comes down to it. This has been a recurring theme all year. Even when Freddie went down this week, it was 3rd and 9 on our own 44 and we were up by 5. Who did we put in? That's right, Tashard Choice. I expected nothing less...I KNEW that was going to happen. Chan is THAT dumb. Don't tell me about pass blocking, like Choice is superior. When CJ is in there, team HAVE to account for him. He'll kill you on a screen pass or whatever else. So we overthrow it to Graham, the rookie AGAIN...remember we went to him at the end of the Patriots game (which we could have won) on a play he never practiced.

So the Rams get the ball back, and we lose. Same old story all over again, and it's unbelievable that Chan seems to not learn any lessons. Stubborn old man, is what he is. "I've always done it this way," or something like that.

26. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And with Freds career winding down, this is a move that would destroy us
    Lying about your best players conditioning is what I would consider to be defamation and if I was his agent, I'd send a cease letter and if Gailey even more time mentioned it I'd sue he and the Buffalo Bills for defamation and loss of future earning.

The game Gailey is playing right now is far more devastating than what Spiller's alternatives are.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    The bills are trying to limit CJ touches to keep him from any major injury so next year is the year to get off and running.
    I heard this theory before. With all due respect, that's a bunch of crap. They were doing the same things as far as under-utilizing their best player when the Bills were very much still in the hunt. We'd still be one game away from the wildcard if we beat the Rams, even after all that has happened.

That theory is totally beat. It's just not true, and there is no way it could be. That would be tantamount to losing on purpose and playing scared. Now we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs, and Spiller will see more carries.

I think CJ has millions in incentives, but I'm not sure exactly what those incentives are. You know he's got to be a little pissed here, no matter what he says.

29. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-11-2012)