• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: What Is This Winded ****???

the insult is only going to get worse...for I would like to know if he was winded last week how he's going to get more carries this week.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i don't buy the blocking bit either. it's not the 2007 bills where the line couldn't hold up for 2 seconds. most downs where the RB could chip in on a block, he goes wide for the screen. and i've never seen either RB made into a turnstile this year.

Gailey just doesn't have it. He lost his mojo late last year, and he's second guessing himself because he knows fitz can't get anything done and he has no other tools. He's a pass first kind of guy and can't adapt. the Jerry Sullivan article was evident of this. He was mad that sullivan asked him if he should maybe give up coaching and OC at the same time. and he said, "i've been doing it this way the whole time." He doesn't even have a good track record for that defense to make sense.

and frankly, CJ makes the lines issues seem non existant. how many times has he run into the back of his own guy to bounce out and grab 5-50 yards? at least 2 x a game. if the bills blocked better, imagine him hitting a hole with speed. Then, maybe the guy would get winded.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I think we need 1000 fans to go out to the fieldhouse with signs that call for Chan to have C.J. Running laps. It would seem to me he just must not be running enough laps in this pop warner operation. Let's get it done!

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

SpillerFart.jpg

I found this image from Spiller's college days. It really explains a lot! You would think the scouting department would have seen this problem before they drafted him!!!!
          Last edited by Typ0; 12-11-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Gailey has just as much BS than the Democratic supporters in the Spin Zone.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

CJ wasn't winded for the few games that Jackson missed early in the year while Jackson was coming back from another injury. He also wasn't winded during the Miami game when he had 22 carries when Jackson was injured again. I'm willing to bet he won't be winded the last few games either while Jackson is out with ANOTHER injury that ended his season.

This is just a pathetic excuse for Gailey to try and shift the blame from him and pin it on Spiller. Whether it's because of contractual escalators in Spiller's contract or out of dedication, respect or to feel you are getting your monies worth out of the new contract to Jackson, Gailey is a complete idiot for rarely using Spiller especially in close games in the last 20+ minutes of the game.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Christ I'm at the age when RB's are usually retired, smoke cigarettes, about 20 pounds overweight and I rarely get any exercise and I could run 20 yards without getting winded enough where I would need to come out of the game.

We're talking about a conditioned athlete who has been doing this his entire life and Gailey is trying to use this winded BS for leaving him on the sidelines for most of the game even while he is shredding defenses apart. Gailey isn't the brightest HC out there but if he really thinks anyone outside of a complete hopeless homer is going to buy that excuse then he is even worse then I thought.

Christ them fat bastards on the DL run around more during the game without needing to be taken out due to being "winded" and he's trying to say Spiller is? This guy really needs to go.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                  I wish we knew about CJ Spiller's degenerative exhaustion problem prior to drafting him.

He may never suit up again if he keeps getting so winded.
                  I volunteer to push CJ to the field in the wheelchair, just so he doesn't get exhausted running out of the tunnel during announcements.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

Gailey is a lying piece of scumbag trying to save his ass by making excuses and throwing his best player under the bus. **** him.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

If Thurman was winded, he came out for one play.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I think Gailey is winded from thinking.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                        X