Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nix: “Time’s now” to trade up for a QB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Nix: “Time’s now” to trade up for a QB

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    He's acquired the talent that could accomplish both, his footsoldiers have failed miserably.
    He has? There are still numerous problem areas littered throughout the roster. They need a quarterback, a top two receiver, an entirely new starting linebacker corps and multiple defensive backs. Combine that with Nix's failed head coaching hire and it's plain to see that his tenure as GM has been an unmitigated disaster so far.
    Last edited by TrEd FTW; 12-15-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TrEd FTW View Post
    He has? There are still numerous problem areas littered throughout the roster. They need a quarterback, a top two receiver, an entirely new starting linebacker corps and multiple defensive backs. Combine that with Nix's failed head coaching hire and it's plain to see that his tenure as GM has been an unmitigated disaster so far.
    There isn't a roster in the league that doesn't have weaknesses, holes, or individual positions that could be upgraded. No team is complete.

They have added talent on both lines, TE, RB, and in the secondary.
    They have failed to address QB and to a lesser extent WR, and those are based on results, not effort.
    Every team in the league is always looking for CB's.
    LBer is a work in progress.

Coaching, I agree, but considering the level of talent that was on this roster previously we're really only a couple of players and a new coaching staff away from being competitive. I'll take this group of players over the 2009 roster all day long.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nope. I'd gladly take a Flacco or a Ryan though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    There isn't a roster in the league that doesn't have weaknesses, holes, or individual positions that could be upgraded. No team is complete.
    The roster isn't even mediocre, let alone complete. The Bills are a whopping 5-8 this year against an extremely easy schedule despite all their alleged talent. Coaching has played into that, absolutely, but so has a lack of talent.

In three years Nix has brought in, by my count, 10 worthwhile players: CJ Spiller, Cordy Glenn, Kraig Urbik, Scott Chandler, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Mario Williams, Kyle Moore, Marcel Dareus and Stephon Gilmore (let me know if I left anyone out). A few of those players are mediocre, so I was pretty lenient in even mentioning them. In any event, 10 players since 2010 isn't even close to enough, especially when Nix has entrusted the two most important jobs on the team to Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's an F-grade GM.
    Last edited by TrEd FTW; 12-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TrEd FTW View Post
    The roster isn't even mediocre, let alone complete. The Bills are a whopping 5-8 this year against an extremely easy schedule despite all their alleged talent. Coaching has played into that, absolutely, but so has a lack of talent.

In three years Nix has brought in, by my count, 10 worthwhile players: CJ Spiller, Cordy Glenn, Kraig Urbik, Scott Chandler, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Mario Williams, Kyle Moore, Marcel Dareus and Stephon Gilmore (let me know if I left anyone out). A few of those players are mediocre, so I was pretty lenient in even mentioning them. In any event, 10 players since 2010 isn't even close to enough, especially when Nix has entrusted the two most important jobs on the team to Chan Gailey and Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's an F-grade GM.
    You're leaving out a few that are first or second year players that still could become solid. Pretty tough to judge guys when their NFL balls haven't even dropped yet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That's offset by the fact that I included several young players who have started well but could easily end up fizzling out.