Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 456

Thread: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary school!

  1. #261
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    na
    Posts
    20,893
    Thanks
    767
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I forgot, we need to close the gun show loophole and require the same conditions on private owner sales as well.

    It's against the law in NJ to resell baby furniture (cribs, high chairs etc) because it severs the link for recall notices yet there are massive loopholes to resell firearms.

    You also need to file paperwork when you resell a car, boat or camper.


    Something doesn't make sense here.

  2. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (12-16-2012),Gibby (12-16-2012),Historian (12-16-2012),Mouldsie (12-17-2012),SpikedLemonade (12-16-2012)

  3. #262
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    na
    Posts
    20,893
    Thanks
    767
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    It sounds like the mom was a prepper according to her sister.

  4. Post thanked by:

    SpikedLemonade (12-16-2012)

  5. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    na
    Posts
    20,893
    Thanks
    767
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    The sad part is a lot of you will wish you owned a gun once the government runs out of money to pay the police. (or better yet, they are still paying them, but only to "protect the government")

    One of the reasons the media are still asking questions of law enforcement re: the guns used, is there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. One gun remained behind in the car (why?) then suddenly "all the guns" were found in the building. And who is the guy from the woods?

    The "news media" encouraging people to pray? Interesting! Since they normally do so much to encourage that prayer is ELIMINTATED from public life. Now suddenly they are going to have credibility as they ask people to pray?

    Now schools are going to be ever more vigilant with their new safety features. However, what metal detector stops a gunman from firing his way into a building? What locked door prevents this?

    Patti


    Most likely patti a lot of the conflicting stories are because the media was reporting anything they heard without checking facts because the story was unfloding so fast and the police weren't releasing information.

    Not everything is a conspiracy.

  6. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (12-16-2012)

  7. #264
    The Drought is Over! Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    41,289
    Thanks
    15,762
    Thanked 13,076 Times in 6,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    147

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo


  8. Post thanked by:

    jdaltroy5 (12-18-2012)

  9. #265
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Native: West Seneca Now: Florida
    Posts
    30,957
    Thanks
    1,951
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    80

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    We are a nation awash in guns. After the assault weapon ban expired in 2004, I gather there has been no federal legislation to replace it? So I imagine restrictions on automatic or semi-automatic weapons would be strictly based on state laws concerning them. It will be interesting to see whether anything is done at the federal level, at least with respect to banning automatic or semi-automatic weapons. I think it would be difficult to barricade schools enough to keep a shooter from getting in, but perhaps it could be done. (schools without windows? Doors that cannot be shot open? metal detectors for employees and students?)

    In Israel teachers are permitted to carry guns, this has been the case since 1974 when a Palestinian militant group attacked a class and killed 16 students. However that is a highly militarized state, where seeing guns in public is commonplace. Perhaps that is where we are headed as a society if we can't get a handle of the gun problem.

    Patti

  10. #266
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    61,873
    Thanks
    16,034
    Thanked 17,118 Times in 9,571 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    175

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    It's against the law in NJ to resell baby furniture (cribs, high chairs etc) because it severs the link for recall notices yet there are massive loopholes to resell firearms.

    You also need to file paperwork when you resell a car, boat or camper.


    Something doesn't make sense here.
    In NYS, paperwork needs to be filed with any resale of a handgun. Not with shotguns and rifles, though, as those aren't required to be registered.

    Fire Depts in my area have latched on to gun raffles as a fund-raiser, and they net a helluva lot more $$ in one afternoon than they did with a year's worth of Bingo nights. I honestly don't know exact details of the process, but there is some kind of a background check involved before any firearms are turned over, and the Fire Dept can get in a heap of **** for not having their paperwork in order or turning over a gun to an individual who shouldn't be eligible.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #95 KYLE WILLIAMS #22 FRED JACKSON #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS


    Josh Allen (courtesy of UncleOrton)

    School: University of Wyoming / Height: Mucho Grande / Stats are for losers
    Pros: Josh Allen is one of the best prospects in recent years. His arm strength makes Superman cry like the baby he is. He would be the perfect fit in a place like Buffalo where it has never once stopped snowing or had winds under 30 mph (according to the national media).
    Cons: Josh Allen is one of the worst prospects in recent years. If you were unaware, his accuracy is really bad. He also suffers from poor decision making which is reflected in his haircut.
    Pro Comparison: Josh Allen is equivalent to playing your drunk friend in Madden. One play, he lofts a screen pass over the running back's head out of bounds. The next play he throws a perfect 50 yard pass into triple coverage with one eye open asking "which team am I".
    QB JOSH ALLEN @ #7 LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS @ #16 DT HARRISON PHILLIPS @ #96 CB TARON JOHNSON @ #121
    DB SIRAN NEAL #154 G WYATT TELLER #166 WR RAY-RAY MCCLOUD #187 WR AUSTIN PROEHL #255

  11. #267
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    na
    Posts
    20,893
    Thanks
    767
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    I can't imagine a situation where a school can be locked up enough to protect it from someone intent on carnage. I guess if a school had a police officer inside who wasn't close enough to the door to get shot first may help but schools are just open by design.

  12. #268
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    61,873
    Thanks
    16,034
    Thanked 17,118 Times in 9,571 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    175

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    I can't imagine a situation where a school can be locked up enough to protect it from someone intent on carnage.
    Because one doesn't exist.

  13. Post thanked by:

    EricStratton (12-16-2012)

  14. #269
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Native: West Seneca Now: Florida
    Posts
    30,957
    Thanks
    1,951
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    80

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    As long as we're flinging the bans around, this kid was addicted to violent video games.

    Patti

  15. Post thanked by:

    imbondz (12-16-2012)

  16. #270
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    na
    Posts
    20,893
    Thanks
    767
    Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    As long as we're flinging the bans around, this kid was addicted to violent video games.

    Patti


    They do seem to desensitize people.

  17. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,043
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 8,517 Times in 5,259 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    One of the reasons the media are still asking questions of law enforcement re: the guns used, is there seems to be a lot of conflicting information. One gun remained behind in the car (why?) then suddenly "all the guns" were found in the building. And who is the guy from the woods?
    What I read was he had a .223 Bushmaster (basically an AR-15, but they can't call it that because Colt owns that name), a Glock 9mm, and a Sig Sauer, but they didn't give a caliber. All were semi-auto. The weapon found in the car was a semi auto Russian shotgun which is pretty expensive. It really doesn't matter what the calibers are, even if the Sig was a 9mm, .40, .45. it makes little difference. I would assume he didn't bring the shotgun because he already had enough firepower and it would encumber his movements by carry two bigger weapons. The handguns were in the pockets of his cargo pants.

  18. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,043
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 8,517 Times in 5,259 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post
    We are a nation awash in guns. After the assault weapon ban expired in 2004, I gather there has been no federal legislation to replace it? So I imagine restrictions on automatic or semi-automatic weapons would be strictly based on state laws concerning them. It will be interesting to see whether anything is done at the federal level, at least with respect to banning automatic or semi-automatic weapons. I think it would be difficult to barricade schools enough to keep a shooter from getting in, but perhaps it could be done. (schools without windows? Doors that cannot be shot open? metal detectors for employees and students?)

    In Israel teachers are permitted to carry guns, this has been the case since 1974 when a Palestinian militant group attacked a class and killed 16 students. However that is a highly militarized state, where seeing guns in public is commonplace. Perhaps that is where we are headed as a society if we can't get a handle of the gun problem.

    Patti
    There have been 4 attempts by Congress to get the Clinton gun ban reinstituted and expanded. None have made it out of committee. The Whitehouse didn't make a big push because it would have hurt Obama's re-election chances. I fully expected, two years ago, that Obama would put his weight behind new gun legislation when he won another term. He already started by supporting the UN ban.

  19. #273
    Retired (mostly) MidnightVoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In the sixties
    Posts
    10,029
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 2,052 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    37

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Discotrish View Post

    In Israel teachers are permitted to carry guns, this has been the case since 1974 when a Palestinian militant group attacked a class and killed 16 students. However that is a highly militarized state, where seeing guns in public is commonplace. Perhaps that is where we are headed as a society if we can't get a handle of the gun problem.

    Patti
    Cool - that means compulsory military service for men and women! That should go down well.
    "The '60s are gone, dope will never be as cheap, sex never as free, and the rock and roll never as great." ~ Abbie Hoffman

  20. #274
    Dumber than the average blonde :-) Blondie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl.
    Posts
    16,686
    Thanks
    12,278
    Thanked 6,186 Times in 4,262 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    41

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    We live in a world where we cant make everyone happy.

    As much as one might want the right to own a gun the other has the right to ask that not be allowed.

    If safety is the common ground then we need to with banning all guns. Don't care who that pisses off. Guns are made for one purpose. To kill. Ban them .
    Life is Good ~ Uppy

  21. #275
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    16,043
    Thanks
    6,652
    Thanked 8,517 Times in 5,259 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    51

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    We live in a world where we cant make everyone happy.

    As much as one might want the right to own a gun the other has the right to ask that not be allowed.

    If safety is the common ground then we need to with banning all guns. Don't care who that pisses off. Guns are made for one purpose. To kill. Ban them .
    See, this is why the discussion goes nowhere and nothing gets done. People on once side take an extreme position and then the other side reacts with an equal extreme position. Common sense arguments and solutions go out the window in favor of the noise which rises to mega decibel levels.

    When I hear crap like this, it makes even reasonable gun owners just throw up their hands and say "If that's how you feel and what you want, *** you. Come and take them if you can".

  22. #276
    Pucker up, Buttercup
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,132
    Thanks
    7,765
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 2,195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    See, this is why the discussion goes nowhere and nothing gets done. People on once side take an extreme position and then the other side reacts with an equal extreme position. Common sense arguments and solutions go out the window in favor of the noise which rises to mega decibel levels.

    When I hear crap like this, it makes even reasonable gun owners just throw up their hands and say "If that's how you feel and what you want, *** you. Come and take them if you can".
    C'mon Moon there's gonna be extremists on both sides! What we need to do is appeal to the more rational, people willing to talk, like you for instance. We can get something done if we want, we just have to have the will, and not pay attention to the extremists.

  23. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (12-16-2012),pmoon6 (12-16-2012)

  24. #277
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    9,413
    Thanks
    4,204
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 2,277 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    It sounds like the mom was a prepper according to her sister.
    OK, I'm not up on the terminology...what's a prepper?

    I should also note the front page of the NY Post noted that the mom was a grade A gun nut.
    "Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

    -Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, "Game of Thrones"

  25. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (12-16-2012)

  26. #278
    Pucker up, Buttercup
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,132
    Thanks
    7,765
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 2,195 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    OK, I'm not up on the terminology...what's a prepper?

    I should also note the front page of the NY Post noted that the mom was a grade A gun nut.
    A prepper is someone preparing for some type of apocalypse, you know like Pete used to talk about! :)

  27. Post thanked by:

    Blondie (12-16-2012),ckg927 (12-16-2012)

  28. #279
    Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Native: West Seneca Now: Florida
    Posts
    30,957
    Thanks
    1,951
    Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    80

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
    OK, I'm not up on the terminology...what's a prepper?

    I should also note the front page of the NY Post noted that the mom was a grade A gun nut.
    I don't know if three guns makes a "gun nut."

    There are more gun suicides in this country than homicides.

    Patti

  29. #280
    The Drought is Over! Historian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    41,289
    Thanks
    15,762
    Thanked 13,076 Times in 6,811 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    147

    Re: Lunatic packing heat pulls off yet another mass killing... in an elementary schoo

    Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    I can't imagine a situation where a school can be locked up enough to protect it from someone intent on carnage. I guess if a school had a police officer inside who wasn't close enough to the door to get shot first may help but schools are just open by design.
    Every school should have a checkpoint at the entrance from the main road, where an armed guard sits, with the same license plate technology that they have at the Canadian border, when school is in session.

    If you have kids in the district, you get a sticker for your car window.

    Then, once you're buzzed in, you pass through a discopatty style full body scanner.

    Our district already has a police officer on site full time, which we found out after my daughter's ipod was stolen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •