Thread: Warren Moon understands why Tarvaris Jackson is third string

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Warren Moon understands why Tarvaris Jackson is third string

The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Warren Moon understands why Tarvaris Jackson is third string

can't see the link from work. why does warren moon believe he's a third stringer?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Having traded for Jackson after the season started, Jackson gets almost no reps during practice. Being a marginal starting QB, Fitzpatrick needs all the practice reps he can get, or he'd be even worse than he is. Therefore, while Tarvaris Jackson may be able to get the offense into his brain via plain old fashioned study, he has zero opportunity to develop any muscle memory, to say nothing of finding any chemistry with receivers. He's only going to get any practice reps if Fitzpatrick goes down, and then it's going to be marginal because Thigpen will need all the reps he can get. At least he'll be activated though. Next year at training camp at least, he'll get a chance to do something on the field.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

By Tim Graham
    As the Seattle Seahawks radio analyst, Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon is familiar with what Tarvaris Jackson can do.
    While some observers scratch their heads over how a quarterback can go from NFL starter to running the scout team as the third-stringer on a 5-8 club, Moon doesn't find the development strange.
    "I feel kind of bad for Tarvaris because he's a really good kid," Moon told me Thursday. "He's a very humble guy, very hard-working. He's really talented. He's got a lot of physical skills.
    "But it seems like he's been in the wrong place at the wrong time or hasn't been able to grasp a situation when it's put there in front of him."
    Jackson spent five seasons with the Minnesota Vikings. He started 12 games in 2007, but lost the job to Gus Frerotte in 2008. The Vikings signed Brett Favre in 2009. Jackson signed with the Seahawks last year as a free agent and quickly was named the starter.
    "Here, it was unfortunate because he came in when there was a lockout," Moon said. "So he didn't get a chance to learn anything until the season started. Then he got hurt in the first game. He was hampered by that, and he showed a lot of toughness. Our offensive line wasn't very good. He got beat up a lot.
    "He was able to fight through the season and was able to earn a lot of respect from the coaches and also the players because he played with an injury, but they were looking for something more at the quarterback position."
    Seattle signed high-profile free agent Matt Flynn and drafted Russell Wilson in the third round. Wilson beat out Flynn for the starting job, and Seattle traded Jackson to Buffalo.
    "He's better than what he's shown," Moon said. "But sometimes as a quarterback you've got to be in the right place at the right time. I think that just hasn't happened for him.
    "I think he can be a starter, but I think he definitely will be a good backup, the kind of guy who can make some plays for you, win a couple of ballgames for you.
    "Being a starter, that's something he's going to have to earn. He had a 10-win season when he was in Minnesota. He's someone that can win football games, but organizations are always looking for a little bit more, especially when you don't make the playoffs."
    Buffalo reportedly traded a conditional seventh-round draft choice to Seattle for Jackson, with the pick turning into a sixth-rounder if he was active for six games. Jackson has dressed for zero

5. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (12-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The article doesn't actually say **** about why TJax is a third-stringer in Buffalo. Simply not being in the right place at the right time is bull****.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (12-14-2012),jimmifli (12-14-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fitzpatrick sucks. Tavaris Jackson should be ACTIVE. end of story.
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

9. Post thanked by:

Bert102176 (12-15-2012),DynaPaul (12-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't see anything in there as to why Warren Moon understands why T-Jack is still third string.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Next year at training camp at least, he'll get a chance to do something on the field.
    Why the **** would he come back here?

12. Post thanked by:

coastal (12-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,157 Times in 749 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Who cares