Is Stevie Johnson going to blame God for that performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Is Stevie Johnson going to blame God for that performance?

threads like this make me wish i could be bedside and mock some people how they bang. cursing stevie for one drop is like me cursing you for finishing in 2 minutes leaving your girl asking wheres the rest.

**** happens !!!!

our qb throws the ball behind people 90% of the time. get a qb then curse stevie

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
      threads like this make me wish i could be bedside and mock some people how they bang. cursing stevie for one drop is like me cursing you for finishing in 2 minutes leaving your girl asking wheres the rest.

**** happens !!!!

our qb throws the ball behind people 90% of the time. get a qb then curse stevie
      Ok, here's the problem: first our QB DIDN'T throw behind Stevie this time, and Stevie rewarded him with two drops and a fumble. And a stupid penalty. Stevie and his defenders can't sit there whining that Stevie doesn't get opportunities, then say "well it was just one time" when he actually is given an opportunity and screws it up.

Second, it's NOT just one time. Stevie frequently makes these kinds of mistakes. Remember the two potential game-winning TD drops? Remember the stupid celebration penalties that got him benched last season? And for that matter, outside of 3 games or so, where has Stevie been all year? Moulds and Evans had **** QB's too but they still managed to do better than Stevie.

The reality is that we are living in the age of the salary cap. That means that every player signed to a big contract comes at the opportunity cost of signing big-name FA's or retaining other talent on the team. If you give a player a big salary, he has to play up to that number. Otherwise, the team is going to struggle. Stevie is certainly not the only one on this team not playing up to his salary, but he is absolutely part of the problem.

I'm getting really tired of his act. He definitely has some talent, but it's not elite #1 talent and he doesn't have the mentality to be a true #1. This team will never win if he is the #1 WR.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

The penalty was inexcusable, but drops happen to WR's. Stevie is a quality WR and an emotional player which is what we complained this team lacks. He's a go-to receiver, but he's not one of those guys who can overpower a DB like a Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson. Depending on your definition of a #1 receiver, you will label Stevie. It doesn't change the fact that he has the ability to make an offense better, especially given that he is the only receiver the Bills have worthy of an NFL start. This team sorely lacks weapons in the passing/receiving game, so if we do get a new QB, they had better give him someone else besides Stevie to throw to.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
          The penalty was inexcusable, but drops happen to WR's. Stevie is a quality WR and an emotional player which is what we complained this team lacks. He's a go-to receiver, but he's not one of those guys who can overpower a DB like a Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson. Depending on your definition of a #1 receiver, you will label Stevie. It doesn't change the fact that he has the ability to make an offense better, especially given that he is the only receiver the Bills have worthy of an NFL start. This team sorely lacks weapons in the passing/receiving game, so if we do get a new QB, they had better give him someone else besides Stevie to throw to.
          How does he make the offense better exactly? Fitz screws him with bad throws- the one time Fitz is actually on and making good passes, he has two drops and a fumble. People complain and say that he doesn't get opportunities, then when he gets opportunities he screws them up, then people write it off as "drops happen." So, he's either not getting opportunities or dropping the ball. How do people not see that?

And when people complain that the team doesn't have emotion, we're talking about heart and the will to win. We're not talking about having hissy fits on the field that hurt the team. He could break down crying about how stressed out he is like a menstruating college chick after two vodka shots, and that would technically be showing emotion too, but you know damn well that's not what we're talking about either.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            How does he make the offense better exactly?
            In regards to this season if he had missed a significant amount of time the offense would have been worse off. So the offense while still mediocre is better off when Stevie plays as opposed to if he doesnt

Comment

• CoolBreeze
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by bf1 View Post
              Besides 3 linebackers at least, we need a few quality wrs to be any good. Stevie is an average #2 at best.

I'm sure i'm not the only one here who feels Johnson deserves a little more respect than being called an average #2 receiver. The guy has had one bad, bad game and all of a sudden we just turn on him? Need I remind you over the last 3 years he has 3000+ receiving yards. Saying he may be a #2 in our future is one thing, but then saying he's not even a solid/good #2 but average. You might as well drive to his house and smack him in the face. He's had 3-4 games in the 3 years that he's upset me. Opposed to the 25+ games he's been very solid, including getting the best of Revis on more than one occasion. Yesterday would have been much worse if the playoffs were on the line, but they weren't. He's one of the few bright spots on this team, and even though he had a rough game, I think we should cut him a little slack on yesterday, and thank him for being the best he could be. He can't put up the numbers he should with a mediocre QB, and no other receiving threats on the team.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                • Apr 2004

So, he's either not getting opportunities or dropping the ball. How do people not see that?
                How do people not see that? We don't have your selective memory. I see just fine, thanks. He makes more plays than he misses, by far, and the fact that he is near 1000yds again is further proof. I see him miss plays, and I see him open and not getting the ball, but it's not the only thing I see and I know damn well it's not the only thing you see either. It's where your focus is. You make it sound like he does nothing. The Bills passing game would be zero without him.
                Finding a way to trash our good players, too..... awesome. Insufferable.

...3....2....1 ..... "Again making it about me." -OpIv

It's not you, it's your argument, and it's just plain cukoo.

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                  • Feb 2009

Ok, here's the problem: first our QB DIDN'T throw behind Stevie this time, and Stevie rewarded him with two drops and a fumble. And a stupid penalty. Stevie and his defenders can't sit there whining that Stevie doesn't get opportunities, then say "well it was just one time" when he actually is given an opportunity and screws it up.

Second, it's NOT just one time. Stevie frequently makes these kinds of mistakes. Remember the two potential game-winning TD drops? Remember the stupid celebration penalties that got him benched last season? And for that matter, outside of 3 games or so, where has Stevie been all year? Moulds and Evans had **** QB's too but they still managed to do better than Stevie.

The reality is that we are living in the age of the salary cap. That means that every player signed to a big contract comes at the opportunity cost of signing big-name FA's or retaining other talent on the team. If you give a player a big salary, he has to play up to that number. Otherwise, the team is going to struggle. Stevie is certainly not the only one on this team not playing up to his salary, but he is absolutely part of the problem.

I'm getting really tired of his act. He definitely has some talent, but it's not elite #1 talent and he doesn't have the mentality to be a true #1. This team will never win if he is the #1 WR.
                  This team will never win with your negative vibes. By the way I love how you bring up games from the last 2 years as well as this year. Stevie has had 4-6 games with late penalties including this last week. I agree with you he does drop his share of balls. And your right he's dropped two game winners (against the steelers in OT, and the Jets last year) If those are the games you're referring too. However, that Jets game was the same one he hurt us with the late penalty. My overall problem with your statement is your basing Stevie's whole career performance on these 6-7 games. You can't do that, that doesn't make sense. Moulds was way better than Johnson in my opinion, i agree. But Evans has never had 2, 1000 yard seasons in a row ever. in fact Evans has never had 2 seasons in a row over 850 yards. In fact Evans only made it above 60 catches twice. My point is don't drag Evans into a discussion about Johnson. Because Johnson is way better than Mr. Fly Route, who also had his fair share of drops. Secondly you asked where he's been this past season. The simple answer is usually jogging back to the huddle after our terrible QB throws it behind, or over the head of him. Yesterday, I assure you sir was an awkward day where you saw Johnson under perform, and Fitz actually hit Stevie on route. Stevie is solid usually and would have had a much better year with a better QB.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

WGR is dissing Stevie for stiffing them & not doing his show or calling in to tell them he wasn't doing it.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                      How do people not see that? We don't have your selective memory. I see just fine, thanks. He makes more plays than he misses, by far, and the fact that he is near 1000yds again is further proof. I see him miss plays, and I see him open and not getting the ball, but it's not the only thing I see and I know damn well it's not the only thing you see either. It's where your focus is. You make it sound like he does nothing. The Bills passing game would be zero without him.
                      Finding a way to trash our good players, too..... awesome. Insufferable.

...3....2....1 ..... "Again making it about me." -OpIv

It's not you, it's your argument, and it's just plain cukoo.
                      It's not cuckoo at all. Stevie repeatedly hurts this team with his nonsense. And a 1000 yard season is 62.5 yards a game. Lookout Jerry Rice!

Did you not see my post about the cap, or did you just selectively ignore it? This team will never win unless guys like Stevie play up to their contracts and he never will.

It cracks me up that that the team sucks and yet some of you insist in defending the people who are holding them back. Is it Stevie's fault entirely? Of course not. But he's part of the problem. Depending on guys like him is why this team can't win.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                        • Feb 2009

It cracks me up that that the team sucks and yet some of you insist in defending the people who are holding them back.
                        Since you think Stevie is holding them back you must want the Bills FO to cut him?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
                          This team will never win with your negative vibes. By the way I love how you bring up games from the last 2 years as well as this year. Stevie has had 4-6 games with late penalties including this last week. I agree with you he does drop his share of balls. And your right he's dropped two game winners (against the steelers in OT, and the Jets last year) If those are the games you're referring too. However, that Jets game was the same one he hurt us with the late penalty. My overall problem with your statement is your basing Stevie's whole career performance on these 6-7 games. You can't do that, that doesn't make sense. Moulds was way better than Johnson in my opinion, i agree. But Evans has never had 2, 1000 yard seasons in a row ever. in fact Evans has never had 2 seasons in a row over 850 yards. In fact Evans only made it above 60 catches twice. My point is don't drag Evans into a discussion about Johnson. Because Johnson is way better than Mr. Fly Route, who also had his fair share of drops. Secondly you asked where he's been this past season. The simple answer is usually jogging back to the huddle after our terrible QB throws it behind, or over the head of him. Yesterday, I assure you sir was an awkward day where you saw Johnson under perform, and Fitz actually hit Stevie on route. Stevie is solid usually and would have had a much better year with a better QB.
                          Do you honestly think my "negative vibes" have any effect on the team whatsoever? That's just delusional.

And why do Stevie's past mistakes suddenly disappear because it's a different season? I disagree that it's only 6 or 7 games, but even if it is, that's 2+ games a year on average where Stevie hurts us with mental mistakes. Not bad plays or being outplayed by a better player. Inexcusable mental mistakes. It's a pattern with him and I don't know why you or anyone else finds it acceptable.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                            Since you think Stevie is holding them back you must want the Bills FO to cut him?
                            No, I want the Bills' FO to use him as a #2 and get a #3 who can possibly step up when (not if) Stevie flakes.

But it'll never happen cuz of the contract they gave him.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                              • Feb 2009

But it'll never happen cuz of the contract they gave him.
                              So because of Stevies contract they cant sign a FA WR or they can't draft a WR in next years draft in the 1st or 2nd round?

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                                So because of Stevies contract they cant sign a FA WR or they can't draft a WR in next years draft in the 1st or 2nd round?
                                Technically they can. But, remember that lovely concept of opportunity cost? If we get a true #1 in FA, that's cap money that can't be spent on the rest of the team. How much cap are you willing to spend on the WR position?

Same for the draft pick: if we use it on WR then we can't use it on LB or QB.

But realistically, they won't do it anyway because it would mean tacitly admitting that resigning Stevie for so much was a mistake, and they won't publicly admit their mistakes.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X