Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Stevie Johnson going to blame God for that performance?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Is Stevie Johnson going to blame God for that performance?

Besides 3 linebackers at least, we need a few quality wrs to be any good. Stevie is an average #2 at best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Is Stevie Johnson going to blame God for that performance?

Stevie got screwed today... he definitely needs another threat opposite him, though. Not many receivers could be very dangerous with Martin and Dickerson as the other options.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,115 Times in 2,043 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
    Stevie got screwed today... he definitely needs another threat opposite him, though. Not many receivers could be very dangerous with Martin and Dickerson as the other options.
    By fumbling? By not securing the ball on a TD catch?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,490 Times in 7,330 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bf1 View Post
    Besides 3 linebackers at least, we need a few quality wrs to be any good. Stevie is an average #2 at best.

That's a ridicules statement.

5. Post thanked by:

Mouldsie (12-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

wow what a reactionary thread this is... Stevie is a #1 being thrown to by a backup QB. He didnt have a good game today, big deal.

7. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (12-24-2012),imbondz (12-23-2012),trapezeus (12-24-2012)

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The fumble and then the ball he didn't catch that hit him in the chest made me laugh out loud.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    By fumbling? By not securing the ball on a TD catch?
    The incomplete in the end zone should have been a TD. He made a football move and then took two steps before slamming the ball on the paint.

is a transsexual Nazi sympathizer with a diaper fetish Vampire Baby's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
    The incomplete in the end zone should have been a TD. He made a football move and then took two steps before slamming the ball on the paint.
    It breaks my heart that he didn't secure the football..... LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 18,401 Times in 8,995 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If God was truly merciful, he wouldn't allow Bills fans to procreate.

I often imagine how much more fulfilling my life would be if I wasn't conceived and reared by a family of Bills fans.

This organization is rock bottom in the NFL. A total dumpster fire if ever there was one.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

12. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Stevie is 65 yds. short of his 3rd 1,000 yd. season in a row, you call that an average #2 WR. I'm sure there's a lot of #2 WR's out there having 1,000 yd. seasons, let alone 3 in a row.

Is it because of the drops that you think Stevie is no better than an average #2 ? FYI going into yesterday's game, Calvin Johnson had 10 drops, that was double Stevie's 5, is Calvin Johnson an average #2 at best also ?

What makes me "laugh out loud" is the number of Trolls on this board that actually think that anyone, other than another Troll would agree with them.

14. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (12-24-2012),ParanoidAndroid (12-24-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Stevie is a decent #1. Get a comparable WR on the other side and , more importantly, a QB with some accuracy, and this O could do some great things.

16. Post thanked by:

kishoph (12-24-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Stevie is 65 yds. short of his 3rd 1,000 yd. season in a row, you call that an average #2 WR. I'm sure there's a lot of #2 WR's out there having 1,000 yd. seasons, let alone 3 in a row.

Is it because of the drops that you think Stevie is no better than an average #2 ? FYI going into yesterday's game, Calvin Johnson had 10 drops, that was double Stevie's 5, is Calvin Johnson an average #2 at best also ?

What makes me "laugh out loud" is the number of Trolls on this board that actually think that anyone, other than another Troll would agree with them.
    They just need a target for their frustration... don't bother confusing them with facts. This is what 13 years of sub-mediocrity have done to this fan base - turned an already negative leaning crowd into a full-blown depression ward.

18. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (12-24-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,391 Times in 13,781 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    wow what a reactionary thread this is... Stevie is a #1 being thrown to by a backup QB. He didnt have a good game today, big deal.
    yeah, because this is the first time Stevie's had a bad game, right? It's the first time that Stevie's made mental mistakes on the field, right? It's the first time that the guy's done something stupid and immature that has hurt his team, right?

Some of you are doing the same thing with Stevie that was done with Donte Whitner: he screws up week in and week out, but every week it's an "isolated incident" that's really someone else's fault. Please.

Enough of Stevie. I know, Fitz sucks and that has held Stevie back. But Fitz didn't drop two balls that hit him in the hands. Fitz didn't fumble after the catch. Fitz didn't take a penalty for throwing the ball down the field after the play. Yeah, he didn't have a good game today. Exactly how many good games has he had this year? By my count, it's about 3 out of 15.

20. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    yeah, because this is the first time Stevie's had a bad game, right? It's the first time that Stevie's made mental mistakes on the field, right? It's the first time that the guy's done something stupid and immature that has hurt his team, right?

Some of you are doing the same thing with Stevie that was done with Donte Whitner: he screws up week in and week out, but every week it's an "isolated incident" that's really someone else's fault. Please.

Enough of Stevie. I know, Fitz sucks and that has held Stevie back. But Fitz didn't drop two balls that hit him in the hands. Fitz didn't fumble after the catch. Fitz didn't take a penalty for throwing the ball down the field after the play. Yeah, he didn't have a good game today. Exactly how many good games has he had this year? By my count, it's about 3 out of 15.
    However you are taking all this from within the context of one game. Stevie rarely fumbles, and if you check the drops for WRs you will probably find that Stevie is no more prone to drops than some of the top WRs in the NFL.

And as for the delay of game penalty, if I was a competitive person and playing for the Bills I would be getting penalties on every series. Stevie is highly competitive and is fed up with losing and is QB. I would love to see what Stevie would do with Tom Brady.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    However you are taking all this from within the context of one game. Stevie rarely fumbles, and if you check the drops for WRs you will probably find that Stevie is no more prone to drops than some of the top WRs in the NFL.

And as for the delay of game penalty, if I was a competitive person and playing for the Bills I would be getting penalties on every series. Stevie is highly competitive and is fed up with losing and is QB. I would love to see what Stevie would do with Tom Brady.
    Oh, I'm sure Stevie would do just fine on a winning team with Brady throwing him the ball- until the team was having an off day and they needed him to come through to win. Then he'd have two drops and a 15 yard personal foul.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

threads like this make me wish i could be bedside and mock some people how they bang. cursing stevie for one drop is like me cursing you for finishing in 2 minutes leaving your girl asking wheres the rest.

**** happens !!!!

our qb throws the ball behind people 90% of the time. get a qb then curse stevie

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by djjimkelly View Post
    threads like this make me wish i could be bedside and mock some people how they bang. cursing stevie for one drop is like me cursing you for finishing in 2 minutes leaving your girl asking wheres the rest.

**** happens !!!!

our qb throws the ball behind people 90% of the time. get a qb then curse stevie
    Ok, here's the problem: first our QB DIDN'T throw behind Stevie this time, and Stevie rewarded him with two drops and a fumble. And a stupid penalty. Stevie and his defenders can't sit there whining that Stevie doesn't get opportunities, then say "well it was just one time" when he actually is given an opportunity and screws it up.

Second, it's NOT just one time. Stevie frequently makes these kinds of mistakes. Remember the two potential game-winning TD drops? Remember the stupid celebration penalties that got him benched last season? And for that matter, outside of 3 games or so, where has Stevie been all year? Moulds and Evans had **** QB's too but they still managed to do better than Stevie.

The reality is that we are living in the age of the salary cap. That means that every player signed to a big contract comes at the opportunity cost of signing big-name FA's or retaining other talent on the team. If you give a player a big salary, he has to play up to that number. Otherwise, the team is going to struggle. Stevie is certainly not the only one on this team not playing up to his salary, but he is absolutely part of the problem.

I'm getting really tired of his act. He definitely has some talent, but it's not elite #1 talent and he doesn't have the mentality to be a true #1. This team will never win if he is the #1 WR.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The penalty was inexcusable, but drops happen to WR's. Stevie is a quality WR and an emotional player which is what we complained this team lacks. He's a go-to receiver, but he's not one of those guys who can overpower a DB like a Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson. Depending on your definition of a #1 receiver, you will label Stevie. It doesn't change the fact that he has the ability to make an offense better, especially given that he is the only receiver the Bills have worthy of an NFL start. This team sorely lacks weapons in the passing/receiving game, so if we do get a new QB, they had better give him someone else besides Stevie to throw to.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
    The penalty was inexcusable, but drops happen to WR's. Stevie is a quality WR and an emotional player which is what we complained this team lacks. He's a go-to receiver, but he's not one of those guys who can overpower a DB like a Brandon Marshall, Dez Bryant or Calvin Johnson. Depending on your definition of a #1 receiver, you will label Stevie. It doesn't change the fact that he has the ability to make an offense better, especially given that he is the only receiver the Bills have worthy of an NFL start. This team sorely lacks weapons in the passing/receiving game, so if we do get a new QB, they had better give him someone else besides Stevie to throw to.
    How does he make the offense better exactly? Fitz screws him with bad throws- the one time Fitz is actually on and making good passes, he has two drops and a fumble. People complain and say that he doesn't get opportunities, then when he gets opportunities he screws them up, then people write it off as "drops happen." So, he's either not getting opportunities or dropping the ball. How do people not see that?

And when people complain that the team doesn't have emotion, we're talking about heart and the will to win. We're not talking about having hissy fits on the field that hurt the team. He could break down crying about how stressed out he is like a menstruating college chick after two vodka shots, and that would technically be showing emotion too, but you know damn well that's not what we're talking about either.

27. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 843 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    How does he make the offense better exactly?
    In regards to this season if he had missed a significant amount of time the offense would have been worse off. So the offense while still mediocre is better off when Stevie plays as opposed to if he doesnt