• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Keep Gailey

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post

Gailey will not have a choice. Its the GM's job to build the team. Gailey to coach it. And I for one, maybe only one, think Gailey should get a shot with a young talented QB and a couple more impact players on O and D.
    It's NIx's job to build the team but it's Gailey's job to put things together and get them ready on gameday. After 3 years he hasn't PROVEN to be able to make the team AT LEAST competitive.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

And with regards to Fitz. EVERYONE was fooled. The only difference is that everyone was fooled to a certain degree, some more than others. Some felt Fitz was a franchise QB for us for the next few years, some felt he was a good fill in until we get a true top ten guy and some felt he was a decent starter that would get us to the playoffs.

There was definitely a point where all Bills fans were in consensus that Fitz was the right option for that time. It turns out Fitz was never the answer and we should have been actively looking for a replacement.
      I would argue most Bills fans knew from day one that Fitz was a back-up that in the best of times was a stop-gap/journeyman starter. Only people who know nothing about football thought he was anything more.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

And with regards to Fitz. EVERYONE was fooled. The only difference is that everyone was fooled to a certain degree, some more than others. Some felt Fitz was a franchise QB for us for the next few years, some felt he was a good fill in until we get a true top ten guy and some felt he was a decent starter that would get us to the playoffs.

There was definitely a point where all Bills fans were in consensus that Fitz was the right option for that time. It turns out Fitz was never the answer and we should have been actively looking for a replacement.
        There was never a consensus on Fitz. In fact, as bad as the Bills have been, the only time I remember a true consensus on this website was that Tim Anderson sucks. He was the ultimate uniter.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
          Who said any of those guys were a true #2? The point is they have made up for the lack of #2 with a committee approach.

- - - Updated - - -

Bull**** and you know that.
          Yer saying you never had any hope or any positive feel that Fitz could take us to the playoffs? If not then congrats to you.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

I am confident the issues will be fixed because Nix has commented on the very things that we feel need to be changed. Nix has already come out and been aggressive with his comments about a new QB and also about getting an impact LB.

Gailey will not have a choice. Its the GM's job to build the team. Gailey to coach it. And I for one, maybe only one, think Gailey should get a shot with a young talented QB and a couple more impact players on O and D.
            Except the issues with coaching don't have to do with getting new players. Yeah, that will help, but getting better players helps every coach. Like I said, good coaching shows no matter what the talent level is. Gailey misuses good players now, why is that going to change with more good players?
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Yer saying you never had any hope or any positive feel that Fitz could take us to the playoffs? If not then congrats to you.
              Even Fitz said this was his make or break year. He broke and Gailey couldn't fix him like Harbaugh was able to fix Smith.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                Even Fitz said this was his make or break year. He broke and Gailey couldn't fix him like Harbaugh was able to fix Smith.
                Smith is actually talented. He's a big mobile QB with a good arm. He has been tossed from OC to OC his whole career though. He didn't need fixing he needed stability.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Smith is actually talented. He's a big mobile QB with a good arm. He has been tossed from OC to OC his whole career though. He didn't need fixing he needed stability.
                  I don't care. Gailey had 3 years to fix his anointed qb. And here we are today with a broken qb who is not any better than he was last year under Gailey. IMO, Gailey wouldn't have made Smith what he is today.

I gave Gailey 3 years just like Jauron. After 3 years, the team isn't better. Time to move on. We are risking having to start over with a new HC, but I'll take a risk with the unknown than stay with the KNOWN which is a team that isn't better after 3 years despite having better players.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

You know, it's funny.

Three years ago, after Gailey was hired, I wrote that it was a bad hire because he was a proven loser, and at best, a decent o coordinator.

And everybody threw bottles at me. (except OP)

Now everybody wants his scalp, and all it took was three more wasted seasons for most of you to come around.

Understand this, the dysfunction of this franchise goes way deeper than the current coach who is in over his head, and the current QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I've been following this team for 45 years, and I am convinced that we are doomed to failure until an entire new regime owns the team.

keep him...fire him...neither really matters much anymore.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post

It'll be Russ Brandon's call because it comes down to ticket sales. Which will be easier for the fans to stomach? Staying the course rather than introducing more uncertainty and starting the resources over, or fresh blood to try to turn this thing around? Whichever one Brandon thinks is easier to market will be the way they go.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• pmoon6
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Dec 2002

You know, it's funny.

Three years ago, after Gailey was hired, I wrote that it was a bad hire because he was a proven loser, and at best, a decent o coordinator.

Now everybody wants his scalp, and all it took was three more wasted seasons for most of you to come around.

Understand this, the dysfunction of this franchise goes way deeper than the current coach who is in over his head, and the current QB who can't hit the broad side of a barn.

I've been following this team for 45 years, and I am convinced that we are doomed to failure until an entire new regime owns the team.

Ya know, it's gotten really bad when 45 and 50 year supporters don't care anymore. At the beginning of the year, I didn't have any excitement at all. I looked at the games with interest, but little optimism. For people that suffered through the '70's (oh wait..we had O.J. SIMPSON), the excitement and then disappointment of the Super Bowl years, a glimmer of hope with Wade, a great defense and Flutie, then the debacle of the last 12 years, they just can't take it anymore. Thank you Ralph, you finally beat us into submission. I hope your grandkids enjoy all the money we poured into your pockets.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

You know, it's funny.

My argument was that everyone deserved a second chance. Just like Levy, Bellicheat and Caroll. Now Dick , Wanny and Chan had their second chances and should never be a HC anymore.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                            Ya know, it's gotten really bad when 45 and 50 year supporters don't care anymore.
                            The period from 67-72 was rough, but this last 12 years has been unprecedented. Sadder still, given we now have free agancy to help build a winning program quicker.

Even though we only had three winning seasons in the 70s, (73, 74, and 75) at least RW seemed engaged in the process.

Bottom out in 76 and 77? Go hire Knox.

Tank in 84 and 85? Promote Polian, bring in Levy, and throw money at the QB you drafted three years ago.

I don't see that anymore. Just a revolving door of second rate coaches, and high draft picks that didn't pan out for us.

Its a shame too. I've lived in several places, and this town is as loyal as it gets.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                                • Sep 2009

nah

Comment

Working...