Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Keep Gailey

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keep Gailey

Anybody who really thinks that Gailey can turn this team into a good consistent winner are probably the same type of fans who thought that we should've kept Jauron around too.

I'm so sick of seeing these posts and debating about this worthless pile of junk that we call a HC that's it not even worth anymore of my time.

2. Post thanked by:

Novacane (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,357 Times in 7,251 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Chan still has one believer left.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Like I said, some QB's were drafted EARLIER than Gailey & most everyone else thought they would be. That list includeds Wilson, Dalton, Kaepernick, Cousins & Foles. Guys like Manning, Luck, RGIII, the Bills had no chance of getting. Like I said, if he fails to get us a GOOD QB this year, I will be on board with him being fired, but I expect him to get that QB this year, my hope is Mike Glennon.
    If this statement doesn't prove how incompetent Nix & Gailey are nothing else does. It's Nix's & Gailey's friggin jobs not to be outsmarted in the draft. The list you stated has 5 guys where other teams OUTSMARTED Nix & or Gailey. A good draft rule is that after the 1st round, if you feel a player, and this goes 10x for a QB, has starting potential & you are high on him, you don't get cute & try to project when he will be available because if you think he has potential & your name is Buddy Nix, either he has no potential or there are about a dozen or more GMs who think he has potential & at least one of them will make damn sure he drafts him before you.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    If this statement doesn't prove how incompetent Nix & Gailey are nothing else does. It's Nix's & Gailey's friggin jobs not to be outsmarted in the draft. The list you stated has 5 guys where other teams OUTSMARTED Nix & or Gailey. A good draft rule is that after the 1st round, if you feel a player, and this goes 10x for a QB, has starting potential & you are high on him, you don't get cute & try to project when he will be available because if you think he has potential & your name is Buddy Nix, either he has no potential or there are about a dozen or more GMs who think he has potential & at least one of them will make damn sure he drafts him before you.
    Well, Nix has had 3 drafts. I doubt he wanted to even draft a QB in the first 2 drafts unless one fell in his lap because there were so many holes to fill. I was really disappointed he did not draft a QB in this last draft. Like I said I will see how this next draft goes. If he drafts a GOOD QB, all is GOOD. If not, then I am on board with his going.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,295 Times in 8,955 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Lolz @ Nix.

Why draft good players when there are so many bad DB's to draft???
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

7. Post thanked by:

EDS (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Can't believe we still have defenders, let's lock this thread to prevent further embarrassment.

This regime did worse than Levy/Jauron and a marketing guy pretending to be GM, the best draft we had was with a marketing man at the helm even though he took the biggest bust in team history, hell NFL history. Nix and Co havent improved the team beyond what they inherited, and probably made it worse in some ways (passing on QBs and relying on Fitz as the franchise QB).

These are well paid individuals who failed miserably, they don't need your symypathy on top of it. If you ****ed up as much as they did your boss would toss you aside without hesitation. I'm sure they're good men, but they don't have any business running this team with the way they've handled things. Don't make excuses for a couple of old well off men that failed to deliver what they themselves promised.

Nix has been telling us this team is better than people think since he got here, and yet all they managed is 15 wins in three years. Couple the bad coaching with terrible drafts, terrible personnel decisions, and you have the disaster that lays before us.

To hell with them, they'll be fine.
    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 12-27-2012 at 11:57 PM.

9. Post thanked by:

Historian (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I would have rather kept Jauron than even hired Gailey in the first place.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The last few weeks have sealed his fate. Good guy. Good coordinator. Not fit to be the HC of the Bills

12. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 18,295 Times in 8,955 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    The last few weeks have sealed his fate. Good guy. Good coordinator. Not fit to be the HC of the Bills
    Same here.

I have a great deal of respect for the things he's done as an OC.

Maybe that's why I'm so disappointed he made such horrific gameday decisions in the first place.

The guy just isn't cut from the right cloth to be a HC.

14. Post thanked by:

jamze132 (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,816 Times in 3,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    The QB sneak on first down was Fitz not Gailey. Fitz did it to avoid a delay of game.
    The question begs to be asked though. Why oh why are we, every damn game, multiple times, having to either call a timeout or even run a QB sneak to beat the play clock? Why is there no sense of urgency to run the next play, especially when you're down a couple of scores? It's coaching, plain and simple.

I totally agree with you about Fitz, the guy isn't a starter for a playoff team, but Gailey is part of the problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The way Gailey has handled the QB situation is a total failure, he put everything on Fitz, who at best is a career journeyman. Gailey designed an offense for a accurate, consistent QB, two of Fitz's weaknesses. Yet Gailey had an out with turning the offense towards CJ Spiller and failed miserably to do that. The way Tarvaris Jackson was handled was a complete joke, to bring in an experienced QB and not even give him the chance to practice the offense is ridiculous. Gailey kept insisting that Jackson didn't know the offense, Jackson said he had the offense down by week 5, yet wasn't even allowed to take reps from back-up Tyler Thigpen. Just for kicks, the win loss record of the three QB's are, Jackson is 17-18 as a starter, Fitz is 22-41-1 and Thigpen is 1-11. As for not drafting a QB high in the last 3 drafts, how much influence did Gailey have in that ? If your coach keeps telling you that the current QB is the answer to the position, are you going to spend a high pick on a position that is already filled ? Nix is not void of having made mistakes during his tenure here, but I believe that Gailey and Fitz need to go before Nix, although I have no problem with all 3 of them going.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post

Nix has been telling us this team is better than people think since he got here, and yet all they managed is 15 wins in three years. Couple the bad coaching with terrible drafts, terrible personnel decisions, and you have the disaster that lays before us.

To hell with them, they'll be fine.
    Nonsense. When Nix got here, he said the team was a mess & it would take at least 3 years to fix it. The team now has MUCH better talent than when Nix arrived & anyone that doesn't see that does not know football. The entire OL is MUCH better than when Nix arrived, as well as the DL. He has also added players at other positions as well, such as Spiller & Gilmore.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's not nonsense, go back and listen to some of his interviews. He thought he could turn it around faster, and that the media/fans were selling the talent short.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Mahdi you'd have an argument if Gailey at least beat the teams he should've beaten . He didn't . He lost to the titans, Colts, fins. Teams that are in their first year and 2nd year of rebuilding and made Sanchez look like a franchise qb.
    All three of those teams had better QBs than Fitz.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    It's not nonsense, go back and listen to some of his interviews. He thought he could turn it around faster, and that the media/fans were selling the talent short.
    BS. You go back & listen to his interviews. He said it would take 3 years to turn this team around. He NEVER said the team could be turned around before that amount of time. This past season is the first time he said the Bills have more talent than they have shown on the field.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    I would have rather kept Jauron than even hired Gailey in the first place.
    I thought about that too. At least with Jauron we could have had the 1st pick every year and had a chance with Luck without trying to tank the season , then I remembered the maybin pick.

22. Post thanked by:

better days (12-28-2012)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,074 Times in 15,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by psubills62 View Post
    I watch the games and the team is just not coached well. Yes, I've seen some player development. Yes, I've seen one or two good games by Gailey. But unfortunately, you can't play the Chiefs every week. I've seen a lot, lot more bad than good. As much as I wish otherwise, Gailey is a bad coach. I gave him a chance and I don't see any reason why he should stay in Buffalo past next Monday.
    I agree.

This could be a tougher decision if they had beat the teams we all penciled them in to beat, but they haven't.

Meaning, if we were in the hunt at 8-7 or 9-6, and Fitz blew a couple games with his patented game-sealing interceptions, then you could almost point to the QB position as the quote..."real problem".

That isn't the case here. The Defense has been uncharacteristically awful, the playcalling questionable, the gameday management poor, and...oh, by the way...the quarterbacking has cost us a few games.

I think when you look at the big picture Mahdi, it pretty much spells out a change is in order.

It's a shame too. I appreciated his candor in press conferences. He was a breath of fresh air from Jauron, who sounded defeated the day he took the job.

24. Post thanked by:

psubills62 (12-28-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    All three of those teams had better QBs than Fitz.
    and whose fault is that? Gailey. Just like it was Jaurons fault for sticking with Trent.

Chan was not even able to keep these rookies in check, they had career days under his watch.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, Nix has had 3 drafts. I doubt he wanted to even draft a QB in the first 2 drafts unless one fell in his lap because there were so many holes to fill. I was really disappointed he did not draft a QB in this last draft. Like I said I will see how this next draft goes. If he drafts a GOOD QB, all is GOOD. If not, then I am on board with his going.
    Hello!!! The biggest hole was and remains QB!!!!!!!!

But sure, Nix is a genius for ignoring the position entirely and astute to pick up gems such as Aaron Williams. Could you imagine if Buddy Nix passed on Aaron Williams in the 2011 draft and selected either Dalton or Kaepernick, or or if he, gasp, passed on T.J. Graham and took Wilson or Foles? Imagine the holes on the roster . . .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Hello!!! The biggest hole was and remains QB!!!!!!!!

But sure, Nix is a genius for ignoring the position entirely and astute to pick up gems such as Aaron Williams. Could you imagine if Buddy Nix passed on Aaron Williams in the 2011 draft and selected either Dalton or Kaepernick, or or if he, gasp, passed on T.J. Graham and took Wilson or Foles? Imagine the holes on the roster . . .
    The biggest hole NOW is QB. When Nix got to BUffalo, the OL was TERRIBLE. If a QB were drafted before Nix fixed the OL, he would have ended up like David Carr, shellshocked. Carr could have been a VERY good QB had he been drafted by the right team. I already said I was disapointed the Bills did not draft a QB yet. This is the time to do so.