• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmoon6
    Legendary Zoner
    • Dec 2002

Re: Keep Gailey

While I understand the continuity thing, but Gailey lost the team. He is not a motivator and even though that isn't a requirement for HC in the NFL, that's precisely what this group needs. Whether you like it or not, you get 3 years to at least show improvement if not win. Gailey hasn't done that, but more importantly he looks like a whipped dog. Go to buffalbills.com and watch just the last three post game press conferences.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
      There are lots of valid points here, no question about that. But I still feel that Gailey can improve and has an inside track on the team that will help him to fix what needs to be fixed.

You also have to take Nix into the equation. Nix has a good feel for what we all know needs to be fixed. I am fairly certain that he will ensure the issues are addressed.

Gailey, despite all his errors, can do better with better talent at key positions.

You guys forget that the Colts threw their OC in to the HC job and still did well. Luck is the reason for that. No one can tell me that Bruce Arians is such a special coach and the Colts have a super roster. Luck is the difference between us and them. And you can definitely argue that we have way more talent than they do on both sides of the ball.

Gailey made some errors this year, but with a talented QB he can have the Bills in the playoffs too.
      The Colts are a bad example. No. 1, you have a QB that was NFL ready and a great talent out of the gate.

No.2, you have the Chuck Pagano angle where the players play with enthusiasm for their fallen coach.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

There are lots of valid points here, no question about that. But I still feel that Gailey can improve and has an inside track on the team that will help him to fix what needs to be fixed.
        Even if he can do better with talent, he cannot get us to the sb if he couldn't even make us competitive with what he's got.

The goal is the superbowl and Gailey is NOT a sb caliber HC.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

You also have to take Nix into the equation. Nix has a good feel for what we all know needs to be fixed. I am fairly certain that he will ensure the issues are addressed.

Gailey, despite all his errors, can do better with better talent at key positions.

You guys forget that the Colts threw their OC in to the HC job and still did well. Luck is the reason for that. No one can tell me that Bruce Arians is such a special coach and the Colts have a super roster. Luck is the difference between us and them. And you can definitely argue that we have way more talent than they do on both sides of the ball.

Gailey made some errors this year, but with a talented QB he can have the Bills in the playoffs too.
          Most 5 years olds have a good feel for what needs to be fixed, particularly since two of the big ones (QB and LB) have been issues for 4+ years now.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

I was a big Gailey supporter in the past. I would bet I have more posts defending him than anyone on this board. Well, I am done with that. I am so over it & I think most of the players are as well.

It is time for Gailey to go.

Comment

• jamze132
              • Jun 2003

I see what Mahdi is saying and to an extent it does make sense. Continuity is crucial in the NFL. With that said, Gailey should be fired within a week. He made too many stupid ass decisions that trumps any kind if continuity we need to keep. We need a new QB, DC, and a bunch if LBs if we're ever going to win. Might as well get a new coach while we're at it.

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                I see what Mahdi is saying and to an extent it does make sense. Continuity is crucial in the NFL. With that said, Gailey should be fired within a week. He made too many stupid ass decisions that trumps any kind if continuity we need to keep. We need a new QB, DC, and a bunch if LBs if we're ever going to win. Might as well get a new coach while we're at it.
                The new QB we get also needs more weapons at wideout.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                  The new QB we get also needs more weapons at wideout.
                  Bowe would look much better in blue than he did in red.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    Bowe would look much better in blue than he did in red.
                    I'd take him, but do you think a team like KC, who also lack offensive weapons, will let him walk?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

You can't be serious. I thought this thread was made just to see how many replies you'd get & to let us all vent our anger over how bad a coach Gailey is, but I'm starting to believe you really want Gailey back. So which AFC East coach are you, Bellichick, Philbin or Ryan? They're about the only people that have seen Chan coach and want him back on the Bills sideline in 2013.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        I'd take him, but do you think a team like KC, who also lack offensive weapons, will let him walk?
                        Well, he is older & the Chiefs are cleaning house this offseason, so I think it is very possible they let him go. If he refuses to sign a new contract, I doubt they tag him.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Well, he is older & the Chiefs are cleaning house this offseason, so I think it is very possible they let him go. If he refuses to sign a new contract, I doubt they tag him.
                          Good point.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I'm not sure that I entirely agree with this, but for the sake of argument, I will accept your premise. Here's the problem, though: where are we going to find that talent? Specifically, who's our Andrew Luck and how do we be sure that we get him?
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OLDSRIP
                              • Dec 2008

I really hate the idea of a coaching change again. We have seen this to many times.
                              But Chans record is terrible. And it doesn't look like it will get any better.
                              if I saw anything that pointed in the right direction, I would agree with the op.
                              instead we get blown out more times than we win. And all he can say is that he doesn't have the answers.
                              he keeps doing the same things over and over and is expecting different results. I think we all know the old saying.

Unfortunately IMO, he has to go. I would love to see them be able to stay the course. But what's their record in the division? Besides, to me he looks beat up. I'm not sure he has the drive anymore.. It seems to me it has been beaten out of him.
                              i just hope they can actually find a competent replacement so we are not doing this again in 3 years.
                              thats another thing that happens over and over and never seems to change for the better.
                              Its kinda like having Charlie Brown as the team mascot.

Comment

• Mahdi
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                                I'm not sure that I entirely agree with this, but for the sake of argument, I will accept your premise. Here's the problem, though: where are we going to find that talent? Specifically, who's our Andrew Luck and how do we be sure that we get him?
                                That is the thing the Bills FO needs to find out. Who is going to QB this team.

We have had a bunch of coaches here and none have panned out BUT we also had no QB in that same time span.

I really don't see a point in bringing in the next Joe Blow who will blow everything up and restart. We all know we're not getting Gruden or Cowher so do you really want to start from scratch with another unknown coach?

I'd rather let Gailey work it out, get more talent in here and improve further on our positives.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍