• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Re: Keep Gailey

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
    Titans I lay a lot of blame on Fitz.
    I realize Fitz had a couple of bad turnovers, but the Bills scored 34 points in that game and had 382 yards of offense. That wins most games.

Of course, the Bills defense allowed 35 points, 390 yards of offense and allowed 9-of-14 3rd down conversions. I'd say "a lot" of the blame lies there.

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
      I realize Fitz had a couple of bad turnovers, but the Bills scored 34 points in that game and had 382 yards of offense. That wins most games.

Of course, the Bills defense allowed 35 points, 390 yards of offense and allowed 9-of-14 3rd down conversions. I'd say "a lot" of the blame lies there.
      Defense was also to blame; I agree.

Comment

• kishoph
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        It would be easier for me to run him out of town is he had a whole bunch of game day blunders. He had some and some were poor play call choices on critical downs. There were some but not a huge number. And again, Fitz blew a ton of throws and plays.

The list would be too long to post. it doesn't have to be something obvious to be a blunder, just the failure to adjust accordingly during the game is a major blunder and that's something that Gailey did throughout the season.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
          There are lots of valid points here, no question about that. But I still feel that Gailey can improve and has an inside track on the team that will help him to fix what needs to be fixed.

You also have to take Nix into the equation. Nix has a good feel for what we all know needs to be fixed. I am fairly certain that he will ensure the issues are addressed.

Gailey, despite all his errors, can do better with better talent at key positions.

You guys forget that the Colts threw their OC in to the HC job and still did well. Luck is the reason for that. No one can tell me that Bruce Arians is such a special coach and the Colts have a super roster. Luck is the difference between us and them. And you can definitely argue that we have way more talent than they do on both sides of the ball.

Gailey made some errors this year, but with a talented QB he can have the Bills in the playoffs too.
          What part of reality are you in up there? Get a ****ing clue.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

All of the idiots saying Fitz cost the games are right but who was the idiot that continued to start the bum? Chan ****ing Gailey. You're fired you stinking worthless waste of dna in a sperm.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
              All of the idiots saying Fitz cost the games are right but who was the idiot that continued to start the bum? Chan ****ing Gailey. You're fired you stinking worthless waste of dna in a sperm.
              If he was serious about winning, what other QB was a better option?

Why is it not possible that he simply was using the best QB currently on his roster.

But yes, Fitz stinks, I agree.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                As bad as Fitz is ,he's better than Trent for sure. Don't know about that, Trent was his anointed qb and stuck with him til he got fired. Besides, who would Jauron picked as a qb after the Maybin debacle? Even if he picked Luck, he would have turned Luck into a dink and dunk qb. It's his philosophy.

Jauron coulnd't beat the browns, don't think he could have beaten them this year either.
                Exactly. Dick & Trent could not beat the Browns let alone the Patriots* Chan & Fitz are much better than Dick & Trent.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Exactly. Dick & Trent could not beat the Browns let alone the Patriots* Chan & Fitz are much better than Dick & Trent.

24-33 vs 15-32 and Gailey's better?

Some people never cease to amaze me.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

I think Mahdi is right....to an extent. I like Gailey's spread offense and think the spread could really improve at the NFL level. I honestly believe if the Bills had a better QB they would have won several more games since "the streak" last year, even making the playoffs.

However, Gailey is a poor HC. His inability tho handle adversity and his poor game management shows he can't handle both the HC and OC jobs. He would be fine at OC. But he should be held accountable for not only his inabilities at HC but for the piss poor coaching from Wanndstedt. Not too mention poor game planning and coordination.

OC - yes. HC - no.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post

24-33 vs 15-32 and Gailey's better?

Some people never cease to amaze me.
                      Quality of the wins also counts. Dick & Trent couldn't beat the Browns let alone the Pats*

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Quality of the wins also counts. Dick & Trent couldn't beat the Browns let alone the Pats*
                        Quality of wins means jack. A win is a win is a win. They all count the same.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                          Quality of wins means jack. A win is a win is a win. They all count the same.
                          They do all count the same, but if you can't beat the Browns what is the point? You are going NOWHERE. At least Chan & Fitz beat some GOOD teams, Dick & Trent never did.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

At least Chan & Fitz beat some GOOD teams
                            Such as?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                            X