Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger HC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger H

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Actually I'm an imperfect Bills fan because I can see when a player is playing bad and his team in winning inspite of him. I used the same arguements as to why we should dismiss Flutie initially but was told I was foolish etc. I also do have some forethought as often bring up ideas that aren't popular. See over drafting a LT almost every year we've needed one or suggesting we take Dez Bryant a few years ago in the draft. Yet I'm no expert because there are half a dozen or more guys I was wrong about both in the draft and in free agency.
    Well, you were wrong about Flutie as well. If the Bills stuck with him they may have won the Super Bowl that year. And you are wrong about Tebow as well. The Broncos would have finished about 4-12 if Orton played the entire year.

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

Re: Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger H

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
      You just have to be careful. Josh Mcdaniels was one of the brightest upcoming young coaches. He crapped in Denver. IMO, his youth prevented him from gaining the respect from his players. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes
      Nobody from the Belichick coaching tree has done anything outside of New England. They couldn't bring Ernie Adams with them.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
        That's debateable who was better. Personally I'd prefer Orton over Tebow if I'm making an NFL team. Though you are right in that Tebow's shot as last year under John Fox but McDaniels was the one who supposedly lobbied hard for the Broncos to trade up for Tebow initially.
        possibly... all i know from what i've heard is the OWNER was behind that move. so if McD was on the Tebow bandwagon, so was the owner.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

It's not the age, it's the the ability to innovate, too many of these 60+ coaches are stuck in their old ways of doing things and resistant to change. As far as a new or younger coach not being able to get good assistants because of lack of connections, that's more old thinking, if you have something that someone will by into, they'll join you.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
            It's not the age, it's the the ability to innovate, too many of these 60+ coaches are stuck in their old ways of doing things and resistant to change. As far as a new or younger coach not being able to get good assistants because of lack of connections, that's more old thinking, if you have something that someone will by into, they'll join you.
            The only people that will buy into a young HC are people that have no experience. An experienced guy will have no reason to hitch his wagon to an unproven Coach that he does not know. So you get a guy as an OC that was a QB Coach or a WR coach. The DC coached the DL or LB's.

The may be good Coaches all, but it is more than likely the entire Coaching staff will be in over their heads.

Comment

• mjt328
              • May 2011

We need a GOOD coach... plain and simple.

It doesn't matter if that coach is young or old, experienced or inexperienced, offensive or defensive, aggressive and fired-up or passive and laid-back.
              Our problem for the last 10+ years hasn't been the "type" of coach that we have hired. It's that the coaches we have hired just suck.

Same thing on the personnel side.
              Buddy Nix thought he could fix this team by building the "right way" -- meaning building through the draft instead of free agency.

But there is no right way and wrong way.
              Donahoe, Levy and Brandon failed because they didn't bring in the right players. Nix may have a different approach, but it still hasn't worked because his drafting has been terrible.
              2013 "My Should Have" Draft
              Posted During the 2013 Draft
              1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
              2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
              3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
              4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
              5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
              6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
              7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
              1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
              2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
              3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
              4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
              5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
              6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
              7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
                I was wondering who was the youngest guy to have coach the Bills? The
                organization is always hiring retreads and dinosaurs to coach this team.
                Get going and bring in a younger guy with fresh ideas and knows how to put
                modern game plan together. Sometimes I swear this team operates like it's in
                1970's or 1980's. Sheesh! It's the 21st Century OBD, stop with the antiquated
                ways of running that franchise.
                It's interesting that Tom Coughlin is considered a dinosaur. Bill Belichick cut his teeth during the '80's. Gailey actually put together a "modern game plan". 4 or 5 wide spread offense, quick drops and throws, lots of shotgun. NE runs basically the same offense. His single biggest mistake was hitching his wagon to Ryan Fitzpatrick, not his conceptual approach.

Jimmy Johnson has said "It used to be a QB driven league, now QB is the only thing".

The most sought after coach in the last 6 years is "old school" and on the wish list of almost every Bills' Fan.

Bill Cowher.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡