If Gailey stays, hire Chris Ault for OC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: If Gailey stays, hire Chris Ault for OC?

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-head-to-nfl/

Gailey is probably gone so the point MAY BE moot. But, if he stays, this guy runs a very similar scheme. Many have ridiculed Gailey for trying to wear both hats.

Please stay on topic. I realize most want Gailey gone. This topic is only in the event that he stays. Save us the "Doesn't matter Gailey is gone" comments.

Thoughts?
    It's a good theory but truth is most coaches hire or work with coaches they've worked with before and as far as I know Ault has no ties to Gailey. Yet the idea that because he's run a spread/pistol type offenses makes logical sense of why he could end up here etc but the reality is not likely.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I'd be super excited and buy 10 season tickets

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
        Legendary Zoner
        • May 2009

I hope you're right for your sake.

This thread has merit because it isn't a given that he's gone. I think it's likely but not a given.
        I hope so for my sanity. I'm going to be at the game tomorrow cheering for the Jets.

Comment

• BLeonard
          BoB Sabermetrician
          • Jan 2003

The simple question I would have would be... Why?

You want to take playcalling from Gailey, let Modkins do it. Modkins has been here, knows the system, knows the personnel... Why hire a guy off the street?

Besides, Modkins is also the RB coach and was a RB himself... I'd about guarantee that he'd call more playes for Spiller than Gailey ever has. Gailey and Ault were both quarterbacks... Unless, of course, you want to see Fitz throw more than he already does...

-Bill
          Last edited by BLeonard; 12-29-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• kishoph
            • Jun 2003

I doubt that Gailey will remain here and if he somehow does, I doubt that he would turn over the play calling duties to anyone, he's stuck on stupid and seems reluctant to make any type of changes.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-head-to-nfl/

Gailey is probably gone so the point MAY BE moot. But, if he stays, this guy runs a very similar scheme. Many have ridiculed Gailey for trying to wear both hats.

Please stay on topic. I realize most want Gailey gone. This topic is only in the event that he stays. Save us the "Doesn't matter Gailey is gone" comments.

Thoughts?
              Come on man. Gailey isn't giving up playcalling.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                • Jan 2010

Remember when Gailey was hired and said he would call the plays for a season or two at max, to make sure he had them where he wanted the O to be...then hand over the reigns to Modkins? Still waiting on that.

Comment

Working...
                X