X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Alex Smith

I think so. More news is coming out about this.High character guy as well.

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
    Smith would be a huge upgrade at the QB position for us. The guy has demonstrated he can play and to even suggest that is not as good as a joe football draft pick is asinine. Bring him in and we should all be happy with the move.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

I dont know about Guru but he does come from a good NFL tree and is pretty savy with the west coast offense.
      He demenor is perfect for bills current state as he shows up at the stadium at 430Am.

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Gruden a QB Guru? Really? Where?

He did well with Gannon who was a veteran QB... Okay fine. He got alot of mileage out of him but after that...

Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Bruce Gradkowski and two meh seasons with Jeff Garcia.
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mike
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by acehole View Post
        You have a very small book.
        I Do.

If history is any indicator chances are that Baltimore, Minnesota, Houston, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas, won't win a SB with their current QBs unless they play at a top 3 QB level.

As a result, I would have rather been(be) Seahawks, Colts, or Redskins at beggining of the year than any of the above teams. I bet that Luck, RG3, or Wilson win a SB before Baltimore or Houston do! They are very good teams, but they lack that great QB that RG3, Luck, & Wilson are evolving into.

So what would you rather have been in 2012?

The dominant Texans that are all so close but never win the big one or the 2-14 Colts who end up winning a SB 5 years later??? pass on smith
        Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
          • Jan 2009

As a result I would rather be that 2-14 for 3-5 consecutive years and get that HOF QB than be that dominant Eagles team that went to 4 consecutive NFC Championship games but failed to win the big one.

In the end, the great games come done to QBs. Manning vs Brady, Rogers vs Big Ben, Brees vs Manning!The Best Win!

And when it's Manning vs Rex Grossman or Brady vs Delhomme, the game won before its even played!

So when the game is on the line who do you want, Manning or Flacco, Brady or Ryan, Rogers or Schuab, Russell Wilson or Alex Smith?
          Last edited by Mike; 01-05-2013, 05:53 PM.
          Please Make Sense

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

Dude have a piont.

Ok we need elite qb.

Which qb at 8 then?

Let it go man ...you are making yourself look worse with every post.

You would rather you would rather..... Where has the nfl been without mike all this time..

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I Do.

If history is any indicator chances are that Baltimore, Minnesota, Houston, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas, won't win a SB with their current QBs unless they play at a top 3 QB level.

As a result, I would have rather been(be) Seahawks, Colts, or Redskins at beggining of the year than any of the above teams. I bet that Luck, RG3, or Wilson win a SB before Baltimore or Houston do! They are very good teams, but they lack that great QB that RG3, Luck, & Wilson are evolving into.

So what would you rather have been in 2012?

The dominant Texans that are all so close but never win the big one or the 2-14 Colts who end up winning a SB 5 years later??? pass on smith
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Ha tell that to darius and byrd that you want them to go 2-14 while the best years of thier career are squandred because mike from billszone think we shold start and develop a qb he still cant name but is better then alex smith because he thinks so.... i am sure they would love your imput.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

umm i would rather have brady.... mike...wow you really opened my eyes with your football smarts.

One problem mike last i checked brady on another team.

As a result I would rather be that 2-14 for 3-5 consecutive years and get that HOF QB than be that dominant Eagles team that went to 4 consecutive NFC Championship games but failed to win the big one.

In the end, the great games come done to QBs. Manning vs Brady, Rogers vs Big Ben, Brees vs Manning!The Best Win!

And when it's Manning vs Rex Grossman or Brady vs Delhomme, the game won before its even played!

So when the game is on the line who do you want, Manning or Flacco, Brady or Ryan, Rogers or Schuab, Russell Wilson or Alex Smith?
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

Ha tell that to darius and byrd that you want them to go 2-14 while the best years of thier career are squandred because mike from billszone think we shold start and develop a qb he still cant name but is better then alex smith because he thinks so.... i am sure they would love your imput.
                  you would rather have a G & FS than HOF QB?
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                    • Jan 2009

umm i would rather have brady.... mike...wow you really opened my eyes with your football smarts.

One problem mike last i checked brady on another team.
                    Dude you missing the point entirely.

Great QBs are a once in a generation and the most probable way to get them is in the top of the 1st round.

currently there is a passing of the guard in the NFL as Brady, Manning, & Brees are in their mid 30's which means retirement is around the corner.

if you want to be a SB contender in the next 10-15 years you better get one of the future HOF QBs if you don't the next 15 years will be same as last 13 or at best you will be that Eagles team that never won it!

Here is a distribution of SB winning QB & draft position. In the last 20+ years there have only been 4 SB winning HOF QBs that were selected outside the first round and 2 of them were 2nd rounder meaning that only Warner & Brady are outliers!

The question is do you want to suck or at best be that Eagles team for the next 15 years or do you prefer to have a couple bad seasons followed by drafting a great QB prospect who could make you a dynasty?

Please Make Sense

Comment

• acehole
                      • Jan 2006

Staw man just like your other arguments.

Who is your payton manning at 8.

You dont have one game set match.

You make the big mistake of assuming that 2 and 14 seasons some how give you hall of fame qbs.

There are no real elite qbs at 8.

Manning and brady are signed.

Flacco with resign as will vick.

Sooo

Whats mikes grand plan we are all waiting.

you would rather have a G & FS than HOF QB?
                      Hated by the stupid..
                      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Naa

I think you are.

You are arguing in your own world.

This post is about alex smith and the merits of him on our roster.

You dont like based on cherry picked sstats fine.

I like him based on improvement the last two years.....his stlye of play and character.

He is also available....sort of.

You dont like him because he got benched and that has to mean he is no good.

You still after dancing for ten posts and tell us who you wold draft.

For every manning there is a leaf.

Your plan of crapping out on purpose doesnt work for the rest of the roster usually.

You go out and get the best available player in every position that you have the deficit with.

End of story.

Alex smith is best available imho.

You talk platitudes and have no player in mind.(that is realistic).

You are in cya mode.

You argue in cirles and change topic and present straw men.

I should have ended your education when you left out alex smith 2012 season when he lead the nfl....just to make yourself right.

I bet you still wont tell us what elite hof qb you would draft at 8.

(Quote)
                        you missing the point entirely.

Great QBs are a once in a generation and the most probable way to get them is in the top of the 1st round.

currently there is a passing of the guard in the NFL as Brady, Manning, & Brees are in their mid 30's which means retirement is around the corner.

if you want to be a SB contender in the next 10-15 years you better get one of the future HOF QBs if you don't the next 15 years will be same as last 13 or at best you will be that Eagles team that never won it!

Here is a distribution of SB winning QB & draft position. In the last 20+ years there have only been 4 SB winning HOF QBs that were selected outside the first round and 2 of them were 2nd rounder meaning that only Warner & Brady are outliers!

The question is do you want to suck or at best be that Eagles team for the next 15 years or do you prefer to have a couple bad seasons followed by drafting a great QB prospect who could make you a dynasty?

http://www.sportsdatallc.com/2012/02...-quarterbacks/[/QUOTE]
                        Last edited by acehole; 01-05-2013, 07:04 PM.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

False

[QUOTE=Mike;3736823]Dude you missing the point entirely.

Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mike
                            • Jan 2009

Staw man just like your other arguments.

Who is your payton manning at 8.

You dont have one game set match.

You make the big mistake of assuming that 2 and 14 seasons some how give you hall of fame qbs.

There are no real elite qbs at 8.

Manning and brady are signed.

Flacco with resign as will vick.

Sooo

Whats mikes grand plan we are all waiting.
                            Really? In 2012 I was extreemly vocal for going 2-14 & getting Luck or RG3, but guys like you prefered winning an extra 4-5 games.

2013,,, QB sucks! Look at last few QB drafts: they were great so there will be a 1-2 year lull.

Johnny Football as a redshirt sophmore can declare in 2014 draft. I would prefer the Bills get a quality player @ 8 & draft a QB in the 3-5th round; release Fitz & play the youngest rookie QB to see what he has. As a result it will be a poor record with new HC & QB. Pick Jonny football in next years draft.

Option Speed QB are becoming new trend in NFL with Kapernick, Wilson, RG3, etc...

PS: your acting like the Bills are 12-4 team & a QB away from winning it all. They are a 6-10, with 13 straigh playoffless seasons. They suck next year too no matter what and the year after that.
                            Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

[QUOTE=acehole;3736836]False

Dude you missing the point entirely.

Prove me wrong!

Name of SB HOF QBs by round & pick... It's a historic fact 16/29 were 1st rounders which qualifies as most!
                              Half of those 16 QBs were 1st Overall Picks & only 2 of the 16 were picked after the 11th pick in the draft!

You don't know your history!
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

• acehole
                                • Jan 2006

Guys like me?

You dont know what you are talking about.

So what .... does mikes practice sound like?

"OK guys we are impliment "Mike from billszone " plan this year...guy go out and eat twinkes and come to practice if you want doent mater the guy we just signed for big bucks in the offseason we will give him vote of no confidence and tank the season. We find losing is the best way to attract the best FA's and coaches if we have a culture of tanking....so that we can give the whole franchies to a guy we dont know will be alive or injured in a year...so please waste the best and only years of your career with the mike plan because he has such great football smarts and quotes bill parcells"

The Bills roster is better then thier record.
                                It is further allong then it has been in years.

Yea a good qb a wr ...perhaps and a f ing clue at coaching and we are right there.

You spent 2 days talking about how important the qb position is and now it is not what we need?

Got it.

Hmm...I think I won this debate.

Really? In 2012 I was extreemly vocal for going 2-14 & getting Luck or RG3, but guys like you prefered winning an extra 4-5 games.

2013,,, QB sucks! Look at last few QB drafts: they were great so there will be a 1-2 year lull.

Johnny Football as a redshirt sophmore can declare in 2014 draft. I would prefer the Bills get a quality player @ 8 & draft a QB in the 3-5th round; release Fitz & play the youngest rookie QB to see what he has. As a result it will be a poor record with new HC & QB. Pick Jonny football in next years draft.

Option Speed QB are becoming new trend in NFL with Kapernick, Wilson, RG3, etc...

PS: your acting like the Bills are 12-4 team & a QB away from winning it all. They are a 6-10, with 13 straigh playoffless seasons. They suck next year too no matter what and the year after that.
                                Hated by the stupid..
                                Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
                                X