Thread: Most of the coaches are the wrong choice...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Most of the coaches are the wrong choice...

That's all I'm going to throw out there. Of the guys who are really on the "fan radar" they all are the wrong choice. I hope they can find a guy we have hardly heard of and hire him because the guys we are all talking about are going to fail miserably here. The one exception I will throw out there is Jon Gruden because he might bring with him the pull to get a real QB in here....

2. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (01-05-2013)

Sab and TD are insignificant ublinkwescore's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,285 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Most of the coaches are the wrong choice...

Hmmm, no, I will take Lovie Smith over john Gruden.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Jon Gruden will bring half dozen QBs in here.

People forget what a disaster he was the last few years in TB. QB musical chairs.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Marc Trestman. HC of the Montreal Alouettes. Won a Grey Cup, Successful OC in the NFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hope we don't hire Lovie Smith. He's a disaster here. We will hate him in the end.

7. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (01-05-2013),THE END OF ALL DAYS (01-05-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ray Horton. the next Mike Tomlin

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    I hope we don't hire Lovie Smith. He's a disaster here. We will hate him in the end.
    Why would he be a disaster here? He'd bring a good defense (assuming Marinelli comes with him) and he has a winning record. What he lacked was a good QB/OL/OC, and he'll have a good OL, the Bills will be able to get him a good OC, and there are options at QB (remember he made the SB with Grossman). Kelly is too risky and the others aren't very exciting.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I do wonder why we haven't shown interest in Gus Bradley, Mike Zimmer, Jay Gruden or Greg Roman. It really could be that we're just interviewing who we can at this point but plan on waiting for the playoff OCs to free up. I guess we'll know based on how Monday and Tuesday go. I'm patient... and definitely not panicking!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    Why would he be a disaster here? He'd bring a good defense (assuming Marinelli comes with him) and he has a winning record. What he lacked was a good QB/OL/OC, and he'll have a good OL, the Bills will be able to get him a good OC, and there are options at QB (remember he made the SB with Grossman). Kelly is too risky and the others aren't very exciting.
    because we don't have and will never have the dominating defensive talent he requires to win. Smith is one of the people that believes the defense is required to get turnovers and score. So that is exciting and all but the Pats are not going to turn the ball over when they are on their game. So Smith will just never beat them. We need to beat the Pats that's where our bar should be set. We need a balanced offensive and defensive attack. NE is going to score points and we will need to keep up with them. I don't care who is OCoordinator is people miss the point that the talent on O is compromised in Smiths philosophy in favor of the D and ST. Smith is a very consistent coach against mediocre and poor teams who doesn't get the job done against the good teams. Plus, if you have watched the Bears you would realize how frustrated we will be with Smith as a gameday coach here.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,096 Times in 3,575 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    because we don't have and will never have the dominating defensive talent he requires to win. Smith is one of the people that believes the defense is required to get turnovers and score. So that is exciting and all but the Pats are not going to turn the ball over when they are on their game. So Smith will just never beat them. We need to beat the Pats that's where our bar should be set. We need a balanced offensive and defensive attack. NE is going to score points and we will need to keep up with them. I don't care who is OCoordinator is people miss the point that the talent on O is compromised in Smiths philosophy in favor of the D and ST. Smith is a very consistent coach against mediocre and poor teams who doesn't get the job done against the good teams. Plus, if you have watched the Bears you would realize how frustrated we will be with Smith as a gameday coach here.
    Who would be your choice then?