X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Buffalo is an attractive place to Coach right now

For all the candidates that are going to be available soon or now the Bills are among the top destinations for any coach looking for a job.

Simply put, we have attractive players to work with.

We have a DL that features Mario Williams and Mark Anderson outside with Dareus and KW inside.

We have a very stable and athletic OL that has been among the best in the NFL the last two years.

We have one of the most exciting and versatile playmakers in the NFL which any coach would salivate at what they could draw up with him, Spiller.

We have an extremely rare and talented WR, a very underrated TE and some decent complimentary WRs.

We have one of the best young CBs in the NFL in Gilmore and what should have been a PB FS in Byrd.

We also have 2 young LBs that have improved throughout the season in Bradham and Shepp.

A new HC coming in will have the advantage of picking his own QB from FA and draft and designing a new offense with some pretty good players.

Other teams that have vacancies will not have all that to work with.
  • GingerP
    • Aug 2012

Re: Buffalo is an attractive place to Coach right now

I'm not seeing it.

They have no QB and one of the NFL's worst defenses. Those are the facts.

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

I agree. This was definitely the time to have a HC opening. If I'm a potential HC, I like what I see.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
        I'm not seeing it.

Yes however coaches have massive egos. They will see the potential talent and think that they can do much better with it. This is not like it was 3 years ago when you look at Buffalo's roster and puke while rejecting the offer for the HC position.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

I'm not seeing it.

You don't see any of the talent that Mahdi talked about?

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
            For all the candidates that are going to be available soon or now the Bills are among the top destinations for any coach looking for a job.

We have a DL that features Mario Williams and Mark Anderson outside with Dareus and KW inside.

We have a very stable and athletic OL that has been among the best in the NFL the last two years.

We have one of the most exciting and versatile playmakers in the NFL which any coach would salivate at what they could draw up with him, Spiller.

We have an extremely rare and talented WR, a very underrated TE and some decent complimentary WRs.

We have one of the best young CBs in the NFL in Gilmore and what should have been a PB FS in Byrd.

We also have 2 young LBs that have improved throughout the season in Bradham and Shepp.

A new HC coming in will have the advantage of picking his own QB from FA and draft and designing a new offense with some pretty good players.

DL is a paper tiger.
            OL is good if we keep Levitre
            Spiller is good.
            Stevie is not "rare and talented." He's slightly above average and can't keep his head in the game. Chandler is only effective in the Red Zone and may not make it back from his injury for all of next season. Our receiving options are garbage beyond that. The guys we have wouldn't even make the roster in at least half the NFL.
            Gilmore and Byrd are good. The rest of our secondary sucks.
            Bradham is up and coming. Sheppard is garbage, as are the rest of our LB crew. Outside of QB, this is easily the weakest position on the team.

If the talent on this team is as good as you claim, there is no way in hell we'd be 6-10, even with a garbage HC.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

I think this is a good situation for a new coach. It might not be the most appealing destination, but I can definitely see it being attractive - certainly more attractive than when Gailey and NIx took over 3 years ago. There is surely a lot of talent on the Bills. Most would agree that this team underachieved this season. The 9ers were like that before Harbaugh came in and got more out of his team.
              The lease is a big deal too. A new coach knows they aren't going to turn around and move his family across the country in a year or two. That counts for a lot.
              Many new coaches like to have "their guy" at QB, so the fact that the Bills can allow the new coach to do that (Fitz's contract does not bind them) is a good thing.
              I am, for now, more optimistic about landing a decent coach than I was three years ago.

Comment

• GingerP
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                You don't see any of the talent that Mahdi talked about?
                I bet there are fans in every other sucky team in the NFL saying the same thing. Every team has some good players.

The fact is the Bills don't have any QB worth a damn. The fact is the defense really blows. Yeah, the Williams' and Dareus have talent, but it didn't materialize. The LB corps is a train wreck and the secondary has Gilmore and Byrd (who is a FA).

At the end of the day they are a team with a terrible defense and no QB. The GM is over-his-head and the ownership has a history of incompetence. I don't see how they are any more attractive than all the other sucky teams that just fired their coaches.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

this is why i believe buddy must be kept hes put together a very nice roster.

that just doesnt have a qb

add in a qb we have a solid team

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

It's still a small market team with a meddling owner .not as attractive as Philly or Chicago
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                      DL is a paper tiger.
                      OL is good if we keep Levitre
                      Spiller is good.
                      Stevie is not "rare and talented." He's slightly above average and can't keep his head in the game. Chandler is only effective in the Red Zone and may not make it back from his injury for all of next season. Our receiving options are garbage beyond that. The guys we have wouldn't even make the roster in at least half the NFL.
                      Gilmore and Byrd are good. The rest of our secondary sucks.
                      Bradham is up and coming. Sheppard is garbage, as are the rest of our LB crew. Outside of QB, this is easily the weakest position on the team.

If the talent on this team is as good as you claim, there is no way in hell we'd be 6-10, even with a garbage HC.
                      You lost all credibility once you called Stevie a slightly above average WR. Stevie is def rare, EVERY commentator points out that he is near impossible to cover. Every top CB has problems dealing with him. He has 80 catches from a weak QB. Pretty sure his head is in the game.

And that is while playing injured last season and this season.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Gailey should have gotten this roster to 9-7. A good coach could have gotten it to 11-5. Upgrade QB and LB and get another year of growth while keeping our own and we will be there.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                          It's still a small market team with a meddling owner .not as attractive as Philly or Chicago
                          Chicago has no OL and an aging defense. Its going to be a huge project.

Philly is comparable to us with uncertainty at QB, talented DL with young players, talent in the secondary but aging. real good talent at WR and a top notch RB. Good TE too. I think we are slightly better though talent wise.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

I bet there are fans in every other sucky team in the NFL saying the same thing. Every team has some good players.

The fact is the Bills don't have any QB worth a damn. The fact is the defense really blows. Yeah, the Williams' and Dareus have talent, but it didn't materialize. The LB corps is a train wreck and the secondary has Gilmore and Byrd (who is a FA).

At the end of the day they are a team with a terrible defense and no QB. The GM is over-his-head and the ownership has a history of incompetence. I don't see how they are any more attractive than all the other sucky teams that just fired their coaches.
                            Well if I'm a potential coach for this team, I like the talent that we have. I'd probably want to bring in my own Quarterback anyway. I would enjoy the opportunity to get the talent that we have to play up to their potential, that's what coaches do.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Chicago has no OL and an aging defense. Its going to be a huge project.

Philly is comparable to us with uncertainty at QB, talented DL with young players, talent in the secondary but aging. real good talent at WR and a top notch RB. Good TE too. I think we are slightly better though talent wise.
                              I'm a bit higher on our roster than some. I agree with you overall.

Comment

Working...
                              X