X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So Nix was given one year?

Who's this dolphinflavoredtuna guy? His words sounded like he's from the Bills organization.

I do remember during the presser that when asked about the transition from Nix to Whaley, Brandon referred to Nix, and Nix acknowledged a timeline but wouldn't commit to a number. Me think there is a general timeline set in place because otherwise, Brandon, very mindful of propping Nix up during the presser, could've been a lot more forceful like he had on Nix being the GM instead of merely referring it to Nix.
  • kishoph
    • Jun 2003

Re: So Nix was given one year?

On WGR this morning, they said (from whatever sources) that he may step down after the draft and I can see that happening, seeing how much more Whaley has been visible lately and seemingly more involved in major decisions.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

If that is really the case than if I were a coaching candidate I would want to meet one-on-one with Whaley to make sure I was on the same page as him, lest I be swept out during the regime change.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

hey a culture change happened in Buffalo this week, we're good.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Bull****.

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by EDS View Post
            If that is really the case than if I were a coaching candidate I would want to meet one-on-one with Whaley to make sure I was on the same page as him, lest I be swept out during the regime change.
            Brandon said he would be meeting the candidates with Whaley and Nix.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
            X