• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Reid did not fly to AZ as planned.

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    They interviewed Keith Armstrong ST coach of Atlanta-Rooney Rule already satisfied-Reid can sign any time they agree.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/2...-bears-falcons

What a sham. At least interview Lovie or Horton.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Good...I hope he does get Smith off the board at #1.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Officially canclled meeting with Cards
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
          Good...I hope he does get Smith off the board at #1.
          Could be smoke and mirrors but if Pioli stays, Glennon might be the pick. Pioli allegedly is enamored with Glennon.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
            The Voice of Reason
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            What a sham. At least interview Lovie or Horton.
            Why? If you don't want them as head coaches, you interview whoever to satisfy the rule. "We want Andy Reid, but he isn't black or hispanic, so damn... we should bring in a high profile guy and waste his time."
            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
              • Aug 2004

Re: Reid cancelled Cards meeting.

Arizona is going after Todd Haley. Steelers have granted permission to Cards for an interview. To quote a Pittsburgh reporter who talked to Haley yesterday noon - "Haley said he was surprised they (Cardinals) haven't contacted him yet." Strong ties to the Cards owner Bidwell.
              Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 01-04-2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
                Arizona is going after Todd Haley. Steelers has granted permission to Cards for an interview. To quote a Pittsburgh reporter who talked to Haley yesterday noon - "Haley said he was surprised they (Cardinals) haven't contacted him yet." Strong ties to the Cards owner Bidwell.
                And we think things are bad around here. Imagine if you're a fan of the Cardinals?

They're actually downgrading if they hire Haley.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                  • Aug 2004

What I heard is that Todd Haley really believes that he has some Bill Parcells in him. Very abrasive personality. During his time as OC for the Cardinals, he would call Fitzgerald out in front of the team that he's a one trick pony (deep ball catcher). Similar kind of issue with Baldwin at the Chiefs (who by the way won't be available now Reid is in charge). And it is well documented things are not smooth between him and Roethlisberger. He had one successful year at KC. Who knows, if he has more success, maybe he will be a new Parcells.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

Re: Reid Chiefs agreement in principal.

From @mortreport and me: Andy Reid has reached agreement to become next HC of Chiefs, pending review of contract by each side's attorneys.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                    X