Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Playoffs?

  1. #1
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,972
    Thanks
    12,915
    Thanked 8,318 Times in 4,761 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Playoffs?

    Come down to a handful or more of key happenings (in order of importance.)

    - getting a legitimate D-coordinator.
    - getting Alex Smith
    - keeping Levitre
    - keeping Byrd
    - getting a RT
    - getting a WR
    - getting a LB

    I realistically see us doing 3 or maybe 4 of these things, but not all.

  2. #2
    Registered User jamze132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    21,519
    Thanks
    1,744
    Thanked 1,296 Times in 787 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    75

    Re: Playoffs?

    Yep those are all needs.

  3. #3
    Registered User The Jokeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    8,871
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    36

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    Yep those are all needs.
    I don't see signing Alex Smith as a need. The guy was garbage before Harbaugh came around but more telling is Harbaugh didn't keep him as his QB.

  4. Post thanked by:

    Gibby (01-06-2013)

  5. #4
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,972
    Thanks
    12,915
    Thanked 8,318 Times in 4,761 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    I don't see signing Alex Smith as a need. The guy was garbage before Harbaugh came around but more telling is Harbaugh didn't keep him as his QB.
    So who else are we going to get?

  6. #5
    ********* Message You do not have access to this thread.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    16,682
    Thanks
    21,340
    Thanked 7,422 Times in 4,966 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    41

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    So who else are we going to get?
    Do we really need to make anymore changes?

    The homers say there is enough talent on this team and now that Russ Brandon is in charge with his Syracuse connections, that should alone be worth 5 more wins.

    Besides if don't make the play-offs this year, Buddy's job is clearly safe still.

  7. #6
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Corning, New York, United States
    Posts
    27,668
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,228 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    77

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Come down to a handful or more of key happenings (in order of importance.)

    - getting a legitimate D-coordinator.
    - getting Alex Smith
    - keeping Levitre
    - keeping Byrd
    - getting a RT
    - getting a WR
    - getting a LB

    I realistically see us doing 3 or maybe 4 of these things, but not all.
    I don't feel we need a RT. I think Marrone will see what many of us see. Hairston can be a very good starting RT.

    Agree on all the rest.


  8. #7
    It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    A hole in your wall.
    Posts
    60,698
    Thanks
    15,169
    Thanked 16,265 Times in 9,114 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    173

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Come down to a handful or more of key happenings (in order of importance.)

    - getting a legitimate D-coordinator.
    - getting Alex Smith
    - keeping Levitre
    - keeping Byrd
    - getting a RT
    - getting a WR
    - getting a LB

    I realistically see us doing 3 or maybe 4 of these things, but not all.
    I don't see the playoffs in the cards for next season, probably going to be a learning curve year, depending on who the coordinators are.

    --Absolutely.
    --Hell no.
    --Would be great, but don't see Andy getting the $$
    --Yes.
    --Maybe, but there are much bigger holes that need to be filled.
    --Yes.
    --Yes.
    YardRat Wall of Fame

    #56 - DARRYL TALLEY
    #95 KYLE WILLIAMS #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS


  9. #8
    Legendary Zoner coastal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,972
    Thanks
    12,915
    Thanked 8,318 Times in 4,761 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    39

    Re: Playoffs?

    Sorry boys.... Hairston sucks and RT is a huge need.

    Go re-watch the first Miami game for an example.

    And if we want to build around a franchise player (CJ Spiller), you put a dominant line in front of him.

  10. #9
    Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,523
    Thanks
    1,072
    Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,577 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    25

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    Do we really need to make anymore changes?

    The homers say there is enough talent on this team and now that Russ Brandon is in charge with his Syracuse connections, that should alone be worth 5 more wins.

    Besides if don't make the play-offs this year, Buddy's job is clearly safe still.
    Who said that?

  11. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    3,634
    Thanks
    772
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,274 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    24

    Re: Playoffs?

    Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    I don't feel we need a RT. I think Marrone will see what many of us see. Hairston can be a very good starting RT.

    Agree on all the rest.
    Or Pears is fully recovered and plays like he did when we re-signed him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •