Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RUMOR: Buffalo Bills will be VERY AGGRESSIVE in their search for the next DC

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

RUMOR: Buffalo Bills will be VERY AGGRESSIVE in their search for the next DC

Buffalo Bills Beat Reporter, Joe Buscaglia just reported on WGR550 that his league source tells him that the Buffalo Bills will be "VERY AGGRESSIVE" in their search for their next Defensive Coordinator.

Could it be Lovie Smith??? Hmmmm.....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: RUMOR: Buffalo Bills will be VERY AGGRESSIVE in their search for the next DC

Basically, this means that the Buffalo Bills are telling Doug Marrone that they will give him whatever money that he wants to build the coaching staff. If Lovie Smith can't get a head coaching job, maybe he'll be interested in joining forces with Marrone?

Someone stated on WGR earlier today that there is a connection between Marrone and Lovie Smith too. I dont remember what it is though.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,917 Times in 5,309 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: RUMOR: Buffalo Bills will be VERY AGGRESSIVE in their search for the next DC

Wow.. Do u think they'll be VERY aggressive in hiring POSITION coaches next?

4. Post thanked by:

DynaPaul (01-06-2013)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    Basically, this means that the Buffalo Bills are telling Doug Marrone that they will give him whatever money that he wants to build the coaching staff. If Lovie Smith can't get a head coaching job, maybe he'll be interested in joining forces with Marrone?

Someone stated on WGR earlier today that there is a connection between Marrone and Lovie Smith too. I dont remember what it is though.
    The link between them is in my profile on him above.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As long as they will be aggressive in getting a qb and some moe talent on this team, then ill be excited. Players play. We need the QB before I care about the rest of the coaches
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    I didnt realize they worked together at Tennessee. That's very interesting....

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well no ****.... i hope so... christ

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd just as soon he bring Shafer with him from Syracuse with his attack/blitz style.. but maybe he's the next Syracuse coach.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Aggressive..that just means they're going to hire the Canisius coach after they interview him in Albuquerque.

11. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-06-2013),IlluminatusUIUC (01-06-2013),jamze132 (01-06-2013),Lone Stranger (01-06-2013),Zero (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good to hear, but at the same time, just have to wait and see who they actually do hire. The staff will be very important. And frankly, I'm sick of seeing these top coordinators continue to go elsewhere while we're in dire need of someone who knows how to do the job. Makes me think that the coaching staff is one aspect where the Bills really showed their cheap tendencies.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

13. Post thanked by:

Michael82 (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if he brought lovie as the DC, that would be absolutely amazing.. i bet the fans would be all about that.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,008 Times in 2,188 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Wow.. Do u think they'll be VERY aggressive in hiring POSITION coaches next?
    lol
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Dick Jauron!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ban me!!!

17. Post thanked by:

Meathead (01-06-2013),Parzival (01-06-2013),Scumbag College (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    I just researched it. That is false. He was in St Louis as a Defensive Coordinator when Doug Marrone was at Tennesee.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I doubt when it's all said and one that Lovie will be our DC. But it is encouraging to hear that the Bills understand how important tightening up our defense is. And, they will be "aggressive" in getting the best person to fix it.
    Last edited by Slim; 01-06-2013 at 01:54 PM.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Had a conversation with my dad about this yesterday, but it was the opposite.

He said he was hoping for Lovie Smith as HC with Marrone as his OC.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

whats next? wgr reports bills will try and be aggressive in winning football games... wtf

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The subtext of this message is "OBD thinks the fans are as much idiots as the fans think OBD is idiots."

Also, what about the OC?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    The subtext of this message is "OBD thinks the fans are as much idiots as the fans think OBD is idiots."

Also, what about the OC?

lol... bills fanbase= walmart shoppers

- - - Updated - - -

only in buffalo do we think players like george wilson, and lee evans are pro bowlers...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

this is very interesting.... i would like to see more reports on this. Bringing in a vet D coordinator like a lovie or horotn, will only be posible once all coaching vacancies have been filled.

25. Post thanked by:

Michael82 (01-06-2013)