• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Hey Denver...

Originally posted by better days View Post
    I posted this in another thread. completion % is a BS usless STAT. A guy like Trent Edwards can have a high completion % by throwing for 3 completions even though he does not pick up the first down.

What is MUCH more important is TD's VS INT's Tebow Career: 17 TD's 9 INTs PLUS 12 TD's Rushing with 7 fumbles lost ( NOT 14 ) So that is 29 TDs & 16 loss of ball by int & fumble.
    It's an overrated stat when you're using it to compare Alex Smith to Tom Brady, not in this context. Completing less then half your passes is ABYSMAL, no starters this year did that.

Look at all the QBs who are running read option right now but can actually throw the ball to sustain drives.

Tebow is just a garbage over hyped QB. Anybody who isn't an SEC fanboy or religious nut can recognize that.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Discotrish
      Raging hypocrite and resident troll
      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
      Is this thread a joke or something?
      You're here! I thought you were busy winterizing your house and buying more socks to fuel your hibachi. Welcome Thurm!

Patti
      Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
        Manning had a bad game, but understand that Tebow will never have the success that Manning has had. Manning had a bad game, has a superbowl ring and two conference championships. Tebow will be in the UFL within three years and done with football entirely in five.
        Eli has had more success in the NFL than Peyton. He won TWICE as many Super Bowls. In College Tebow had MUCH MORE success than Peyton.

Time will tell which of us will be proved right, but with the read option (the offense Tebow ran at Florida) becoming popular in the NFL now, I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Discotrish
          Raging hypocrite and resident troll
          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
          Manning had a bad game, but understand that Tebow will never have the success that Manning has had. Manning had a bad game, has a superbowl ring and two conference championships. Tebow will be in the UFL within three years and done with football entirely in five.
          Most QBs will not have the success that a HOF quality QB like Manning will.

Patti
          Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

0109-Tim-Tebow-Broncos.jpg

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Eli has had more success in the NFL than Peyton. He won TWICE as many Super Bowls. In College Tebow had MUCH MORE success than Peyton.

Time will tell which of us will be proved right, but with the read option (the offense Tebow ran at Florida) becoming popular in the NFL now, I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
                Time has already told that Tebow is a failure. He was bypassed when Sanchez was benched for a no name nobody and then when that no name nobody got hurt, they went back to Sanchez. You don't juggle your roster at the most important position based on what you think personally of a guy, you go based on how they can perform.

Seriously name me a team that you think legitimately would give Tebow a shot at starting for as of right now.

And 48% completion is horrible for high school, let alone NFL.

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

LMAO. Thanks for the new sig.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                    It's an overrated stat when you're using it to compare Alex Smith to Tom Brady, not in this context. Completing less then half your passes is ABYSMAL, no starters this year did that.

Look at all the QBs who are running read option right now but can actually throw the ball to sustain drives.

Tebow is just a garbage over hyped QB. Anybody who isn't an SEC fanboy or religious nut can recognize that.
                    % is a BS stat PERIOD. And in his limited time, Tebow at 48% is only 2 points below 50%. I have no doubt that by the end of next year, he will be above 50%, not that it matters. What matters are TD's VS INT's & WINS VS LOSSES. And Tebow will be on the plus side of those stats.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                      Time has already told that Tebow is a failure. He was bypassed when Sanchez was benched for a no name nobody and then when that no name nobody got hurt, they went back to Sanchez. You don't juggle your roster at the most important position based on what you think personally of a guy, you go based on how they can perform.

Seriously name me a team that you think legitimately would give Tebow a shot at starting for as of right now.

And 48% completion is horrible for high school, let alone NFL.
                      Rex refused to play Tebow because he would have looked like the CLOWN he is if he played Tebow & the Jets won. Want to make a wager some team gives Tebow a shot at starting QB next year?

Comment

• EricStratton
                        • Jul 2002

I can understand the Tebow love to some extent but he was unable to unseat Mark Sanchez in the season he played as bad as any starting quarterback could.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                          I can understand the Tebow love to some extent but he was unable to unseat Mark Sanchez in the season he played as bad as any starting quarterback could.
                          If Rex was not such a stubborn idiot & Clown, Tebow could have & SHOULD have started for the Jets this year.

Comment

• EricStratton
                            • Jul 2002

If Rex was not such a stubborn idiot & Clown, Tebow could have & SHOULD have started for the Jets this year.

If, if, if.....

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                              That look on Sanches's face is priceless.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by EricStratton View Post
                                If, if, if.....
                                Yeah, I know, we will see what next year brings. I will bet it is Rex's last as a HC in the NFL.....at least in NY. Tebow I believe on the other hand has many years as a starting QB to look forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                X