• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Hey Denver...

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Rex refused to play Tebow because he would have looked like the CLOWN he is if he played Tebow & the Jets won. Want to make a wager some team gives Tebow a shot at starting QB next year?
    Where do you think he could possibly start? JP Losman is/was a better starting NFL QB than Tebow.

Completion percentage isn't a BS stat based on what you're saying guys like Antwan Randle El could have been a starting NFL QB.

And a shot as a bet is way too open to interpretation, you could have said back in August the Jets picked up Tebow to give him a shot at being a starting QB and kept that viewpoint until November.

Comment

• Gibby
      • Jun 2006

Eli has had more success in the NFL than Peyton. He won TWICE as many Super Bowls. In College Tebow had MUCH MORE success than Peyton.

Time will tell which of us will be proved right, but with the read option (the offense Tebow ran at Florida) becoming popular in the NFL now, I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
      Hmmm, a mobile qb will have success in the NFL? You mean like JP Losman? Or maybe Kordell Stewart, or Randal the candy bar Cunningham, or Doug Flutie, or Rob Johnson, or Mike Vick, or Vince Young. Every year someone says the NFL is entering into the era of the mobile qb and every year its a stand in the pocket cannon arm who wins the title or at least competes for it. Manning, Rothlensberger, Brady in the AFC, and Manning, Warner, Breese in the NFC. I laugh that you say Eli has had more success than his brother, but you know what back in 2001 when Eli was still in college everyone knew he was the better Manning. No real surprise there. That being said, while an RGIII or Newton may be the future Tebow is not because Tebow has an even weaker arm than Fitz.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
        Skoobasaurus-Rex
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
        Where do you think he could possibly start? JP Losman is/was a better starting NFL QB than Tebow.

Completion percentage isn't a BS stat based on what you're saying guys like Antwan Randle El could have been a starting NFL QB.

And a shot as a bet is way too open to interpretation, you could have said back in August the Jets picked up Tebow to give him a shot at being a starting QB and kept that viewpoint until November.
        JP had better basics, like way better. He was coached by a bunch of elderly douches that couldn't focus on his short-comings or raise him above the basic plays, it's like teaching a Virgin how have sex from the 60's.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post

8 teams changed HC's most due to QB play. So I would say there are about 8 teams that could look at Tebow to start. How about this bet, Tebow starts opening day? (Provided the Jets release him, which they should).

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
            Hmmm, a mobile qb will have success in the NFL? You mean like JP Losman? Or maybe Kordell Stewart, or Randal the candy bar Cunningham, or Doug Flutie, or Rob Johnson, or Mike Vick, or Vince Young. Every year someone says the NFL is entering into the era of the mobile qb and every year its a stand in the pocket cannon arm who wins the title or at least competes for it. Manning, Rothlensberger, Brady in the AFC, and Manning, Warner, Breese in the NFC. I laugh that you say Eli has had more success than his brother, but you know what back in 2001 when Eli was still in college everyone knew he was the better Manning. No real surprise there. That being said, while an RGIII or Newton may be the future Tebow is not because Tebow has an even weaker arm than Fitz.
            People have ridiculed Tebow because of his comp %, but NOT his arm strength. Have you ever watched the GATORS when he was QB there? He can sling the ball down the field, & he holds NCAA passing records while playing in the SEC.........against the BEST Defenses in the NCAA.

Comment

• Gibby
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by coastal View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16183[/ATTACH]
              To put Tebow into proper context, we beat the team he was on 40-14 and the week after Pitt Lost to his team's D they were crushed by New England. Tebow is out of football and in the pulpit in five years max

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

8 teams changed HC's most due to QB play. So I would say there are about 8 teams that could look at Tebow to start. How about this bet, Tebow starts opening day? (Provided the Jets release him, which they should).
                So the Jets should cut a starting-worthy quarterback.

That's pretty logical thinking.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Gibby
                  • Jun 2006

People have ridiculed Tebow because of his comp %, but NOT his arm strength. Have you ever watched the GATORS when he was QB there? He can sling the ball down the field, & he holds NCAA passing records while playing in the SEC.........against the BEST Defenses in the NCAA.
                  Tebow is a pathetic qb and always will be, kind of reminds me of Todd Collins

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                    So the Jets should cut a starting-worthy quarterback.

That's pretty logical thinking.
                    The Jets should cut Tebow because they failed to see he is a starting caliber QB & give him a chance this past season. Which is why they LOST. I thought the Jets would use Tebow on 3rd downs & in the red zone but they did neither. I bet Tebow was told that he would be used like that, he was LIED to by Rex. The few times they played him, they ran him up the gut instead of rolling him out & giving him an option to run or throw. Yeah, GREAT Coaching by Rex & the Jets. LOL.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Tebow is a pathetic qb and always will be, kind of reminds me of Todd Collins
                      Todd "the Statue" Collins? LOL. OK

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Todd "the Statue" Collins? LOL. OK
                        I don't know, he had great scrambling ability as I recall. I remember his game against KC in 97 where he scrambled out of a sack and proceeded to throw a pick

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

I don't know, he had great scrambling ability as I recall. I remember his game against KC in 97 where he scrambled out of a sack and proceeded to throw a pick
                          We've crapped the bed for a bit but it's easier to call all of it after the fact, Maybin is our recent Mike Williams.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Of those 8 teams, only one had any interest in him before hiring started - Jacksonville. Jacksonville no longer has any interest in him.

You're talking Tebow starting opening day in the NFL at QB right? Not the CFL.

Comment

• GingerP
                              • Aug 2012

Having a poor completion percentage is OK if you have a great Yards-per-attempt. For instance, in Denver today Joe Flacco only had 53% completions, but he offset that with 9.7 yards per attempt. He wasn't efficient, but he got those chunk plays.

Tebow has neither. His career completion percentage is 47.9%, which is terrible. His career yards-per-attempt is 6.7, which is bad. Yeah, he is a good runner, but he fails as a thrower my any measure. Nice kid, but not a QB. His best bet is changing positions to an H-back fo FB.

Comment

• Gibby
                                • Jun 2006

Hey coasty, I need some humor in my life, who would you rather have Tim Tebow or Peyton Manning? Who gives you a better chance of winning?

Comment

Working...
                                X