• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Manning is MONEY

Originally posted by better days View Post
    A person would have to be a mind reader to understand those numbers without any lables. You don't even say which are Kellys & which are Mannings. But I do understand 9-8. So yes, Peyton has the same amount of wins, but he has more losses.

And concerning Manning, I don't like him because as I said, I think he is shelfish & cares more about money than winning. And he is not the player he used to be but still wants to be paid like he is as good as he used to be.

I said I would take Eli over both Peyton & Tebow.

Ya a mind reader would have to know peyton manning didnt play in the early 90's and latr 80's

You obviously have an agenda and ignore clear information

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mikemac2001 View Post
      Ya a mind reader would have to know peyton manning didnt play in the early 90's and latr 80's

You obviously have an agenda and ignore clear information
      SERIOUSLY? Those numbers are CLEAR? RIDICULOUS.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
        Brady v. Manning had some battles for the ages.
        They did NOT play in the same division. So the Colts had little competition to win their division which means they made the playoffs. And how did Manning do against Brady when he faced him?

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

Here is the difference between Brady & Peyton Manning:

Tom Brady cares about WINNING & is a team player.
          Peyton cares about MONEY & is Selfish.

Brady could have made a lot more money, but he left money on the table for the good of the team. It means more to him to win Championships than to make a few more dollars he can never spend in his lifetime.

Peyton on the other hand his entire career has gone after every last penny he could get, the team be damned. That is the reason the Colts could not surround him with the best team possible, and the reason the Colts only Won one Super Bowl. Peyton ate up too much of the cap.

And now if the Broncos don't cut him before April 1, they will owe Peyton $40 Million Guaranteed over the next two years.
          I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I don't remember Brady leaving money on the table. He may have, but I don't recall that. I do know that he signed a 4 year $72 million extension in 2010. So, without knowing all the details, it averages to $18/year. He did re-structue his contract last year, but he took lower salary and coverted all the money to bonus to make it more cap friendly. He actually did not get any less though. Manning's new contract was 5 years $96 million, so $19.2/year...again, I don't know the details of what's guaranteed, etc, but the overall number is in the same ballpark. He may or may not re-structure the way Brady did at some point, but I can't factor "maybe" into it.

Comment

• Gibby
            • Jun 2006

They did NOT play in the same division. So the Colts had little competition to win their division which means they made the playoffs. And how did Manning do against Brady when he faced him?
            Before the cheating stopped Brady won, after the cheating stopped Manning did. That being said, its never qb v. qb. See football is a team sport.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

It's pretty sad that Tebow fans have been reduced to getting massive erections over Peyton Manning finally losing a football game since they haven't been able to say s*** during his 11 game winning streak. Meanwhile their super hero punt protector isn't even good enough to be the backup quarterback on his own team.

So who exactly is Tebow going to be leading to victory next season now that even the lowly Jags don't want him?

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

looks like we have a bunch of future bills gm's on this board. They'd take an inferior QB who doesn't even look like a QB over a hall of famer as their QB.

If tebortion wasn't a religious guy, he would have been laughed out of the league already.

Comment

• pmoon6
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  It's pretty sad that Tebow fans have been reduced to getting massive erections over Peyton Manning finally losing a football game since they haven't been able to say s*** during his 11 game winning streak. Meanwhile their super hero punt protector isn't even good enough to be the backup quarterback on his own team.

So who exactly is Tebow going to be leading to victory next season now that even the lowly Jags don't want him?
                  What's really sad is a big percentage of the Denver fanbase lobbied to have Tebow start last year.

I'm still loving all the Denver sports commentators and fans crying about the loss.

"But, But, But, we were supposed to win the Super Bowl.....Whaaaaaaa"

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

I like Tim Tebow, but would hesitate to have him as my starting QB.

The was an interesting program on NFL Network. They had 5 QB's on dealing with different aspects of Tebow's game. Nearly all of them thought he could be a successful QB. Steve Young pointed to the fact that it took a few years for him to become a good QB and TT needed a lot of work. Flutie pointed to his intangibles. Staubach talked about the religion factor.

Funny how a bunch of armchairs on a message board dismiss him out of hand. But that's American social media. Any idiot with a laptop can voice his expert opinion.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

SERIOUSLY? Those numbers are CLEAR? RIDICULOUS.
                      Ya 1-1 1-1
                      then 0-1 1-2

its pretty clear dude year record then overall record

then he has the year on the side.........how can i tell if those are mannings or kelly's

um because peyton manning didnt play in the nfl in 1988....so yes it was very clear you just dont want it to be. Tebow blower (and i dont hate tebow)

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                        I like Tim Tebow, but would hesitate to have him as my starting QB.

The was an interesting program on NFL Network. They had 5 QB's on dealing with different aspects of Tebow's game. Nearly all of them thought he could be a successful QB. Steve Young pointed to the fact that it took a few years for him to become a good QB and TT needed a lot of work. Flutie pointed to his intangibles. Staubach talked about the religion factor.

Funny how a bunch of armchairs on a message board dismiss him out of hand. But that's American social media. Any idiot with a laptop can voice his expert opinion.
                        Tebow as a starter will be about as successful as Kordell Stewart. Tebow is very much a gimmick player whom you cannot build a contender around. He is the player you bring in from time to time on third and short or at other random times to add another demension to your offense. Heck, I'd like to see Tebow occassionally lined up as a wide receiver.

Comment

• alnilla
                          • Dec 2008

Manning- Future HOF'er
                          Tebow- Doesnt know who he will be playing for next year if anyone

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

I'm starting to wonder about the Tebow hate.

Is it because he hasn't progressed enough as a QB?

Or could it be the same reason Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were disliked by many in the '70's? They were devout Christians, too

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              looks like we have a bunch of future bills gm's on this board. They'd take an inferior QB who doesn't even look like a QB over a hall of famer as their QB.

If tebortion wasn't a religious guy, he would have been laughed out of the league already.
                              Just because Peyton played like a HOF QB in the past does not mean he still does. Flacco was the better QB in that game by FAR. Peytons best days are behind him, but he is still making a boatload of money. I doubt he ever wins anything more than a division title again. And he would not even do that if he didn't play in a weak sauce division.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                                I'm starting to wonder about the Tebow hate.

Is it because he hasn't progressed enough as a QB?

Or could it be the same reason Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were disliked by many in the '70's? They were devout Christians, too
                                Does Rex Ryan hate Christians?

Comment

Working...
                                X