• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

Re: Manning is MONEY

Originally posted by better days View Post
    Just because Peyton played like a HOF QB in the past does not mean he still does. Flacco was the better QB in that game by FAR. Peytons best days are behind him, but he is still making a boatload of money. I doubt he ever wins anything more than a division title again. And he would not even do that if he didn't play in a weak sauce division.
    Fact: If Peyton doesn't win the MVP this year he'll be in the top 3 in the voting.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

flacco had 8 yards in passing the second half until he connected on that TD at the end. Better qb? less turnovers, sure. but manning made for it for the most part.

neither team took hold of the momentum given to them multiple times. there were so many times that turnovers and questionable calls and the like had me thinking that one team could take over, and then they wouldn't.

The whole bronco brain trust on the sidelines is questionable. Del Rio has sucked for how many years? why does he keep getting a job? He didn't say before the drive, "don't let anyone behind you?" Fox is playing scared at home with manning at the helm?

Pathetic. and manning gets blame for sure. he looked like fitz out there. so many short dink and dunks. I actually thought he didn't look like he had much zip on the ball at times.

and the worst point, is now the ravens have played an extra quarter of football so this only helps the ***** patriots.

I hate tebow's politics and fake religiousness, but he sucks as a qb. he doesn't even look like he throws left handed. that is why its frustrating that his public persona keeps him in the spot light. it's like how none of us want to see tyler thigpen play. and no one knows or talks about thigpen. but if he looks like a qb. tebow does not.

Comment

• Gibby
        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
        I'm starting to wonder about the Tebow hate.

Is it because he hasn't progressed enough as a QB?

Or could it be the same reason Tom Landry and Roger Staubach were disliked by many in the '70's? They were devout Christians, too
        I don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions (heck, by and large I admire these). However, I hate the fact that he is marketing his faith. I mean think about it, as you lived in the sixties and seventies you may well have seen Bishop Sheen's telecasts and if you are anything like me you probably liked them. However, would you want Bishop Sheen to be your team's qb? I wouldn't. My priest, confessor, and friend? Sure. My team's qb? No. Likewise, with Tim Tebow I hold nothing --and certainly not his faith -- against him. He seems like a nice, clean cut, kid with good moral values. However, in the NFL he has not done much on the gridiron. I understand how someone wouldn't get the hate, and really I don't either. However, I don't get the love for a kid who -- even if given the chance to be a fulltime starter -- will probably never be anything more than the White Kordell Stewart.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
          Fact: If Peyton doesn't win the MVP this year he'll be in the top 3 in the voting.
          Fact: If Manning played in the AFC East, he would not have sniffed the division title & people would be laughing at him. He built the record he did playing against WEAK teams. He lost to the Falcons, Texans & Pats*. He did beat the Ravens during the season, but they were decimated by injuries at that time.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
            I don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions (heck, by and large I admire these). However, I hate the fact that he is marketing his faith. I mean think about it, as you lived in the sixties and seventies you may well have seen Bishop Sheen's telecasts and if you are anything like me you probably liked them. However, would you want Bishop Sheen to be your team's qb? I wouldn't. My priest, confessor, and friend? Sure. My team's qb? No. Likewise, with Tim Tebow I hold nothing --and certainly not his faith -- against him. He seems like a nice, clean cut, kid with good moral values. However, in the NFL he has not done much on the gridiron. I understand how someone wouldn't get the hate, and really I don't either. However, I don't get the love for a kid who -- even if given the chance to be a fulltime starter -- will probably never be anything more than the White Kordell Stewart.
            LOL. In the first sentence you say you don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions, then in the next sentence you say you do hate him & his convictions.

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

i think manning easily handles a jets team in tailspin, and a improving but still lack of talent miami team. (this presupposes he played for the bills) but i think the rest holds true. if he was with miami, he would have torn the bills apart. new england is new england, they always win at home because they are cheating at comfort.

did you notice how many times schaub had to look to the sidelines when it looked like they were coming back. so many qb's and coaches complain how their headsets die when they play in new england, specifically on important plays. and it's a new stadium. how can the ralph a 40+ year old structure operate better than gillette.

Comment

• Mski
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                Whoever decided to run the ball on 3rd and 7 with 1:40 left with Peyton Manning as your quarterback lost the game for the Broncos.
                add to that the guy who chose to take a knee with 40 seconds left and 2 time outs to go to overtime
                RIP Tommy D!
                12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• Gibby
                  Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                  • Jun 2006

LOL. In the first sentence you say you don't hate Tebow or his religious convictions, then in the next sentence you say you do hate him & his convictions.
                  LOLs, I will clarifly, lolz cuz wid de lolspk it seem you have reeding compurhenshun pwoblemz. lols. Anyways, I agree -by and large - with his religious convictions. However, it is clear that he is marketing his faith, and that I do not agree with. I have no problem with his faith, but I have issues with his PR campaign that suggests that I am a good qb and deserve to be an NFL qb because I'm a good christian. Good for you Timmy! Yeah, most nfl players at least pay lip service to being Christian. Heck back in the mid 2000s there was a camp fodder qb on the Bills who appeared in a magazine at the Baptist Student Union. He was a nice enough guy, but well he wasn't a very qb. See I have no problem with Tebow. I think he should write a book and be in a pulpit on sunday. However, he has shown me nothing that suggests he is a viable option as a long term NFL qb. Manning has, Tebow has not. Also, considering the Jets were imploding, why didn't Ryan put him in as a starter when the Jets still had playoff hopes? Timmy is a nice boy, but I hate the fact that he is trying to market his faith as a reason he should be an NFL qb. Of course, I've always has a problem with NFLers thanking Jesus for a win, because nobody has ever said in a losing locker room, I am so thankful that God has chosen to teach me humility for this loss now excuse me while I lead my team mates in the litany of humility.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

LOLs, I will clarifly, lolz cuz wid de lolspk it seem you have reeding compurhenshun pwoblemz. lols. Anyways, I agree -by and large - with his religious convictions. However, it is clear that he is marketing his faith, and that I do not agree with. I have no problem with his faith, but I have issues with his PR campaign that suggests that I am a good qb and deserve to be an NFL qb because I'm a good christian. Good for you Timmy! Yeah, most nfl players at least pay lip service to being Christian. Heck back in the mid 2000s there was a camp fodder qb on the Bills who appeared in a magazine at the Baptist Student Union. He was a nice enough guy, but well he wasn't a very qb. See I have no problem with Tebow. I think he should write a book and be in a pulpit on sunday. However, he has shown me nothing that suggests he is a viable option as a long term NFL qb. Manning has, Tebow has not. Also, considering the Jets were imploding, why didn't Ryan put him in as a starter when the Jets still had playoff hopes? Timmy is a nice boy, but I hate the fact that he is trying to market his faith as a reason he should be an NFL qb. Of course, I've always has a problem with NFLers thanking Jesus for a win, because nobody has ever said in a losing locker room, I am so thankful that God has chosen to teach me humility for this loss now excuse me while I lead my team mates in the litany of humility.
                    Tebow is not marketing his faith, he does not ask for money from you or anyone else. He shares his love of God which MANY other NFL Christians do as well.

The reason Ryan refused to play Tebow when he should have is because he commited himself to Sanchez. He kept playing Sanchez while the Jets season went down the tubes. If he had put Tebow in at that point & Tebow won, it would have made Rex look like the Clown he is by not going to Tebow sooner, like after game 4.

Comment

• pmoon6
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                      Does Rex Ryan hate Christians?
                      Do you?

Comment

• Gibby
                        • Jun 2006

Tebow is not marketing his faith, he does not ask for money from you or anyone else. He shares his love of God which MANY other NFL Christians do as well.

The reason Ryan refused to play Tebow when he should have is because he commited himself to Sanchez. He kept playing Sanchez while the Jets season went down the tubes. If he had put Tebow in at that point & Tebow won, it would have made Rex look like the Clown he is by not going to Tebow sooner, like after game 4.
                        You go with the guy who is going to give you the best chance to win. Its the reason we stayed with Fitz (the other options were even worse, seriously). Ryan would have put Tebow in if Tebow offered a chance to win. I am ending this conversation though because you are a Tebownut and cannot realize that he is an average qb at best.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

HaHa. Tebow doesn't "market" his faith. He's asked questions by the sports media and he answers them.

If we didn't have 24/7 media outlets looking for stories, you wouldn't have 2/3rds of this. Also if there wasn't a market for people that have to be "up to the moment, in the know" you wouldn't either.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

You go with the guy who is going to give you the best chance to win. Its the reason we stayed with Fitz (the other options were even worse, seriously). Ryan would have put Tebow in if Tebow offered a chance to win. I am ending this conversation though because you are a Tebownut and cannot realize that he is an average qb at best.
                            There's more to it than that. maybe Rexy didn't like Tebow and he has supported Sanchez his entire career. After all, he drafted him. Maybe it was an internal power struggle with Tannenbaum so Rex refused to play him.

We shall never know.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Well, hindsight clearly shows Sanchez did not give the Jets the best chance to win because they LOST. No one knows if they would have won with tebow or not. You can say they would not have, but I think they would have based on what Tebow did in Denver last year.

In the same respect, who knows, if Chan played TJax over Fitz maybe the Bills would have won more. It is clear just as Rex had misguided faith in Sanchez, so did Chan in Fitz.

Comment

• Gibby
                                • Jun 2006

Well, hindsight clearly shows Sanchez did not give the Jets the best chance to win because they LOST. No one knows if they would have won with tebow or not. You can say they would not have, but I think they would have based on what Tebow did in Denver last year.

In the same respect, who knows, if Chan played TJax over Fitz maybe the Bills would have won more. It is clear just as Rex had misguided faith in Sanchez, so did Chan in Fitz.
                                What exactly did Tebow do in Denver? Hand the ball off and let the Defense win? Yeah, woohoo total game changer mother ***er.

Comment

Working...
                                X