• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Manning is MONEY

Originally posted by Suetonius View Post
    What exactly did Tebow do in Denver? Hand the ball off and let the Defense win? Yeah, woohoo total game changer mother ***er.
    I thought you were going to end the conversation. Looks like you have nothing more to contribute with this last post of yours.

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
      Funny how a bunch of armchairs on a message board dismiss him out of hand. But that's American social media. Any idiot with a laptop can voice his expert opinion.
      A message board would be kind of dull if noone gave their opinions, no? You seem to be ok voicing yours btw

Comment

• pmoon6
        Legendary Zoner
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
        A message board would be kind of dull if noone gave their opinions, no? You seem to be ok voicing yours btw
        OK, but I have never once said that a player "sucks" or is a loser. That seems to be prevalent on all these boards.

Maybe because I understand that there are things that we can't possibly know about the inner workings of an NFL team. Making judgments from the outside looking in is foolish, no?

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

There's more to it than that. maybe Rexy didn't like Tebow and he has supported Sanchez his entire career. After all, he drafted him. Maybe it was an internal power struggle with Tannenbaum so Rex refused to play him.

We shall never know.
          Seems far fetched to me. People have a lot of opinions on Rex Ryan but I've never heard anyone question his desire to win. Much much more likely scenario in my opinion: Rex has eyeballs and asst coaches that track every throw a QB makes in practice and concluded Tebow isn't very accurate throwing the football and didn't warrant even the 10-15 snaps a game they talked about giving him, if you recall Rex did not seem at all opposed to Tebow's arrival at the start of the season. Same conclusion John Elway had. Same conclusion Jacksonville has apparently.

Personally I hope he gets another chance he's kind of fun to watch. But get off this "people only hate on him because he's Christian" nonsense. Tebow went 8-8 last year and backed into the playoffs after losing 3 of the last 4. He has something I'll grant you but nothing worthy of the adulation given by the lickers on this board, seriously. If he has a job next year it will be as a backup that's obvious.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

OK, but I have never once said that a player "sucks" or is a loser. That seems to be prevalent on all these boards.

Maybe because I understand that there are things that we can't possibly know about the inner workings of an NFL team. Making judgments from the outside looking in is foolish, no?
            Foolish? Not really. That's what fans do every single day on every board in America on a million different issues. None of us are getting hired by the Bills anytime soon. If you're that bothered by people making insulting comments about players maybe a fan forum is not for you. Think about it.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              i think manning easily handles a jets team in tailspin, and a improving but still lack of talent miami team. (this presupposes he played for the bills) but i think the rest holds true. if he was with miami, he would have torn the bills apart. new england is new england, they always win at home because they are cheating at comfort.

did you notice how many times schaub had to look to the sidelines when it looked like they were coming back. so many qb's and coaches complain how their headsets die when they play in new england, specifically on important plays. and it's a new stadium. how can the ralph a 40+ year old structure operate better than gillette.
              If Peyton played in the AFC East, it would have been as a Fin. They were the team that was after him & he owns a house there already. Like I said, he would have had no hope of winning the division. His best hope would have been a wild card & he may not have made that. He may win the division again with the Broncos because of that weak division, but I don't see them winning more than that.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

so he doesn't get paid to stand like christ in a GQ photoshoot? he doesn't take money for speaking engagements for his faith? i think if you are truly a humble person, you just don't answer any of it. my friend is incredibly religous and he is so soft spoken about it and you hardly know it. He believes and that's good enough for him. given the chance to pretend he's christ or do his job, he'd do his job.

Originally posted by better days View Post
                Tebow is not marketing his faith, he does not ask for money from you or anyone else. He shares his love of God which MANY other NFL Christians do as well.

The reason Ryan refused to play Tebow when he should have is because he commited himself to Sanchez. He kept playing Sanchez while the Jets season went down the tubes. If he had put Tebow in at that point & Tebow won, it would have made Rex look like the Clown he is by not going to Tebow sooner, like after game 4.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  so he doesn't get paid to stand like christ in a GQ photoshoot? he doesn't take money for speaking engagements for his faith? i think if you are truly a humble person, you just don't answer any of it. my friend is incredibly religous and he is so soft spoken about it and you hardly know it. He believes and that's good enough for him. given the chance to pretend he's christ or do his job, he'd do his job.
                  Was Tebow sitting at a long table surrounded by followers or hanging from a cross in that GQ photoshoot? I missed that issue so I didn't see it.

Comment

• pmoon6
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Dec 2002

If you're that bothered by people making insulting comments about players maybe a fan forum is not for you. Think about it.
                    I'm used to living in America for the last 50 odd years, so I'm used to hearing people make insulting and ignorant comments. I also didn't say I was bothered but rather that I never made one.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

I'm used to living in America for the last 50 odd years, so I'm used to hearing people make insulting and ignorant comments. I also didn't say I was bothered but rather that I never made one.

eh sounds to me like you're splitting hairs. message boards aren't 4:00 tea with the Smythe Smythe's of London. Lots of people, including a lot of talking heads on TV that are paid to know the inside workings of NFL front offices question whether Tim Tebow is a starting NFL QB. Fans can say he sucks if that's what they think and it doesn't make them ignorant or foolish, neither of which is a compliment in case you didn't know. This is a seriously stupid thread.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

eh sounds to me like you're splitting hairs. message boards aren't 4:00 tea with the Smythe Smythe's of London. Lots of people, including a lot of talking heads on TV that are paid to know the inside workings of NFL front offices question whether Tim Tebow is a starting NFL QB. Fans can say he sucks if that's what they think and it doesn't make them ignorant or foolish, neither of which is a compliment in case you didn't know. This is a seriously stupid thread.

The title of this thread is Manning is money. My point was Eli is the better QB between him & his brother. I don't think that makes me ignorant or foolish.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

Whatever you say man. You never answered my first question.

Do you feel the need to argue because you think Tebow is a bad QB and has no chance of improving or because you find his faith abhorrent?

I also don't understand people responding "stupid thread". If it's so stupid, why bother?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

I like Tim Tebow. That doesn't mean I am insane enough to think he's even in the same discussion as Payton Manning.

Dude, stating a fact, like "Manning is a better QB then Tim Tebow" Doesn't make you a "hater" of Tim Tebow. It just means you're not crazy.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                              I like Tim Tebow. That doesn't mean I am insane enough to think he's even in the same discussion as Payton Manning.

Dude, stating a fact, like "Manning is a better QB then Tim Tebow" Doesn't make you a "hater" of Tim Tebow. It just means you're not crazy.
                              I can respect Tim Tebow as a person but I will always rag on him by being a horrible NFL QB by contrast OJ Simpson is a horrible person but was a NFL RB superstar. Yet if I'm building an NFL team I take OJ Simpson 10 out of 10 times more than Tebow.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post

Tebow may not be in the same discussion as Peyton in his PRIME, But Peyton today is another story. The Broncos got 8 more TDs out of Manning than they would have Tebow this year going by past stats & a playoff LOSS at a cost of $58 Million GUARANTEED over 3 years ( last year & the next 2) unlesss he is cut before April 1 2013. NOT a good investment in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X