Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Manti Te'o a horrific liar?

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Manti Te'o a horrific liar?

it makes no sense why you wouldn't think something wasn't right after a while. though the picture of the fake girlfriend was pretty hot, so I can understand initially wanting to communicate, but after a while, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize something ain't right. these days if you can't physically be in the same place, you skype, especially 20 somethings.

I don't believe for a second he wasn't aware that it was fake. Maybe not at first, but it went on too long. Plus after she fake died, he said he used to spend 8 hours on the phone with her and how heartbroken he was. freakin' weird.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    it makes no sense why you wouldn't think something wasn't right after a while. though the picture of the fake girlfriend was pretty hot, so I can understand initially wanting to communicate, but after a while, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize something ain't right. these days if you can't physically be in the same place, you skype, especially 20 somethings.

I don't believe for a second he wasn't aware that it was fake. Maybe not at first, but it went on too long. Plus after she fake died, he said he used to spend 8 hours on the phone with her and how heartbroken he was. freakin' weird.
    exactly... either hes nuts, or he was in on it. if she is dying, YOU VISIT HER LMAO

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MARCELL DAREUS POWER View Post
    that, and it's obvious he was part of it. that or he has major psycho problems....lol
    I watched Greta yesterday and the TMZ guy seemed convinced Manti was not in on it. I just find that so amazing, and can someone that stupid be able to break down NFL offenses??? I'm not so sure.
    "The best things to happen to Michigan Football have come from Ohio." - Chris Spielman

4. Post thanked by:

Bravo82 (01-19-2013)

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Well he had to huddle with his advisors and then do an off-camera interview with his lawyer presidents. Sounds like he need to keep "the story" straight. Also he talks about how awful that this "was done" to him, but when asked how he feels about the guy who perpetrated it, says the guy has "suffered enough" through embarrassment and he "hopes he learned a lesson."

I think he's talking about himself, not the guy.

They're the only couple on the planet who have not successfully skyped.

Patti

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why on earth some of you idiots are still reading about this **** blows my mind. Who cares whether or not this guy has/had a fake girlfriend. Get a life. I can't begin to understand why the media has made such a big deal out of it to begin with. Who ****ing cares.

7. Post thanked by:

SquishDaFish (01-20-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only thing I wonder about, is how much his agent's firm paid ESPN to broadcast this horse**** every ten minutes of every hour, however many days since it started.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One thing that I have learned from watching Catfish the movie and series, is almost every time the person with the fake account, either had or developed feelings for the person they were duping. you don't talk on the phone to someone for 8 hours or continue a year long relationship, if you're just trying to get over on them or prank them. Maybe if there was some large monetary gain, then you would go to those lengths, but not just for kicks. The only time I seen a case where the person didn't have feelings for the "victim" is when a girl pretended to be a guy to keep another girl away from her boyfriend, by starting a relationship with her. Also in Te'o's case, shouldn't there be records of these 8 hour phone conversations ? I think it would be to Te'o's benefit to produce them. I question if he ever even had phone conversations with this person.
    Last edited by kishoph; 01-20-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,911 Times in 5,303 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If he began to suspect it was all a hoax... Perhaps he didn't give a **** because he was getting phone sex?

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    The only thing I wonder about, is how much his agent's firm paid ESPN to broadcast this horse**** every ten minutes of every hour, however many days since it started.
    because it's borderline mentally disturbing and hilarious... it's funny.

relax

Raging hypocrite and resident troll Discotrish's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,531 Times in 3,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Why on earth some of you idiots are still reading about this **** blows my mind. Who cares whether or not this guy has/had a fake girlfriend. Get a life. I can't begin to understand why the media has made such a big deal out of it to begin with. Who ****ing cares.
    Same reason you're on the thread.

I'll bet he doesn't have the phone records to support this story.

Patti