Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Manti Te'o a horrific liar?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Manti Te'o a horrific liar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    wow... this story is so bizarre... we have an AZ Cardinal who claims to have known and met her... said she was still alive and that she was the cousin of the guy in the Deadspin report claiming Te'o made her up... he also thinks this was a joke played on Te'o by her mother of all people...
    "This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."
    Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.
    "She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "
    He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said "No, she is real."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone that actually cares about this has a vagina and loves drama.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 01-16-2013 at 11:43 PM.

3. Post thanked by:

Cleve (01-17-2013),ThunderGun (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Buffalo Bills skip him in the 1st round and take QB

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,002 Times in 2,184 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by paladin warrior View Post
    Buffalo Bills skip him in the 1st round and take QB
    Lol!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even after a horrific car accident and suffering from Leukemia, he never visited his "Girlfriend" in the hospital. If it was an online only relationship, how did he find out she died, did she update her Facebook status to dead ?
    Maybe it doesn't affect his play on the field (Bama showed how to do that), but it does affect his character, I think a lot of teams will stray away from drafting him early, hopefully the Bills are one of them and not just because of this recent BS.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

8. Post thanked by:

coastal (01-17-2013),jimmifli (01-17-2013),Joe Fo Sho (01-17-2013),ServoBillieves (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Anyone who has posted in the Spin Zone over the years has probably figured out that I don't have a very high opinion of the Mormon religion (just as many have a low opinion of my evangelical Christian faith). Still, Mormons are generally seen as honest to a fault. It's just just crazy to see this happenning. I hope for his sake he turns out to be a victim of a hoax. It's better to be seen as an honest fool rather thana dishonest fool. It seems highly unlikely that he was not in on it, though. I mean, this was a really elaborate long term hoax, and extremely difficult to pull off without Teo's knowledge, and with no apparent purpose other than to embarrass the guy, if he was not in on it. If he was in on it, Teo looks to have some deep seated psychological problems. That would be a huge red flag for any team considering drafting him.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1. He's not that good. He showed that against Pitt and most famously against Bama.

2. If this truly was a hoax and he was truly duped, he's as dumb as a box of rocks. Do you really want a guy like that as a leader of your defense? NFL life isn't like sheltered college life (especially at Notre Dame), there are temptations and I would bet people are constantly out to take advantage of you. I smell trouble with him.

3. If he was in on it, he's a sociopath that clearly has some mental issues. I'm not sure if a team wants to take on that kind of responsibility.

If I'm a GM, I'm staying away. I'd rather take a guy who may be less talented but has a good head on his shoulders. I could see a team like the Raiders or Bengals taking a run at him, though.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

whatever the issue, his play in the championship game started his slide from top 10, imo.

now we have a story that either shows he was trying to build a back story to have a bigger than life persona, that he is either really guilible and wanted to believe that this online romance would bud into something else and bent the truth here and there, or he did this to mask that he may be into the guy potentially running the acct.

I'm not sure any of those are ideal situations. how he deals with the scrutiny will tell you if people will pick him. when he talks, if it brings up more questions and shows he's still not being honest about the real story, he's done. if he comes out and is sincere about it and apologizes if need be, he will get picked.

my issue is that he just didn't look very good in that championship game. it's one thing to play a tough team and have your undertalented team fall apart, but he over pursued so many plays and got knocked clean off the ball. if the bills pick him, i hope he selects the #20, so we don't have to update any of our whitner jerseys.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    he never claimed to never have talked to her. apparently they talked by phone. he claims he was tipped off to the hoax when she called him months after her "death" to say hi... and it was the same voice and number. he claims that's when he went to the uni and asked them to investigate what the heck was going on.
    Thanks for the clarification - I haven't even bothered to read any of the articles - it really doesn't even interest me except on the most superficial level. LOL

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
    per play average than the Bills' offense!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Anyone that actually cares about this has a vagina and loves drama.
    ^^^haha!!!

And_not_a_single_****_Was_given_that_day-s364x344-162306.jpg

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

dont worry, conspiracies never happen... ( even though the cia coined the phrase conspiracy theorist in the 60s)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

A couple of questions...

Was he perhaps looking to be on the MTV show Catfish?

Does any of this matter on the field of play?

If Teo can crush running backs without takling from behind for 5 yard gains like Poz did than I don't care about any of this.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,062 Times in 1,998 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only way the story makes some sense if it was all an elaborate ruse to cover up Te'os sexuality.
    I think that speaks more about our soceity than it does about Te'o if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag College View Post
    I hope that he is just incredibly naive and gullible.

If Te'o had any culpability in this then he is a borderline sociopath and probably has Munchausen by Proxy. I'm guessing that every team thinking about drafting him is going to put him through a battery of psychological exams. It'll be an interesting few months for him leading up to the draft and with whatever developments this story takes.
    No one can possibly be that dumb and be accepted into Notre Dame.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,119 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Are we sure Te'o is even real? I didn't see him in the National Championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Quote Originally Posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Quote Originally Posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

18. Post thanked by:

Joe Fo Sho (01-17-2013),kishoph (01-17-2013),NOT THE DUDE... (01-18-2013),sukie (01-17-2013),trapezeus (01-17-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

sounds like a new episode of Catfish.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by K-Gun View Post
    I don't know if you read the whole article.

But if your picture was used by nearly every major media outlet, and they reported you were Manti Teo's dead girlfriend, you may want to have legal recourse. Especially if you're not Manti Teo's dead girlfriend, and you're not dead.
    smh....

And what would the grounds be for this frivolous lawsuit? What damages would the girl have incurred?

God damn, this is what's wrong with our society. **** it, sue everybody!

this is a dangerous trend that seems to be happening with some frequency

Certainly don't fear me. Not any more. Ralonzo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    THIS IS THE TYPE OF LEADERSHIP TEAMS COVET! GREAT INTANGIBLES!
    THE GREAT MANTI TEO, I HOPE HE'S THERE WHEN THE BILLS DRAFT, NO CHANCE THOUGH, HE'S THE REAL DEAL!
    It's been proven that people will naturally follow guys from Hawaii who tell giant unbelievable lies all the time :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bert102176 View Post
    And some of u are so ignorant and stupid for the certain coments u made about Te'o and not even knowing the whole story
    It may be too early to know the whole story but it's never too early to make fun of it...

TOP 10 ANAGRAMS for Teo's "girlfriend" LENNAY MARIE KEKUA
    =========================================================

10) A Leakier Yank Menu
    9) A Lankier Auk Enemy
    8) A Keener Alumni Yak
    7) Rue A Kayak Linemen
    6) A Remake Unlike Any
    5) A Real Ink Enema, Yuk
    4) A Kinky Urea Enamel
    3) Nuke A Manlike Year
    2) Eureka, Men Kin A Lay
    1) Yank Near Leukemia
    His words carry lies that would break a less deceitful man's jaw. He's received a Nobel Peace Prize just for campaigning. He bowls 37.

He is the Most Intolerable Man In The World.

"I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer to put it on my $6 trillion tab. Stay stupid, my friends."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    No one can possibly be that dumb and be accepted into Notre Dame.
    Obviously this is an incorrect statement.

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What's weird is this stuff has happened before. He could be just that naive. People have gone on for years talking to people they met through dating sites/whatever that just ended up being fakes/liars.
    Bye Bye Brady...