Thread: My Useless Mock Draft Thread

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My Useless Mock Draft Thread

Here's a mock I'm putting together. Through pick 105 so far. What do you think for the Bills?

ROUND 1

1. Kansas City: DT - Star Lotulelei
    Andy Reid has said they will "take the best player available." Many think that is Lotuleili. In the last 10 drafts, the first player the Eagles have taken have played DT (4 Cox, Laws, Bunkley, Patterson), DE (2 Graham, McDougle), OG (2 Watkins, Andrews), QB (1 Kolb), WR (1 Maclin).

2. Jacksonville: DE - Damontre Moore
    He's the best pass rusher available on a team that has needed a good one for years. IIRC Babin is a FA and Branch is not a stud. Milliner and Geno Smith are both considerations here, but I give it to Moore.

3. Oakland: LB - Jarvis Jones
    For me, this is the toughest pick in the first round because the Raiders could just as easily go with CB Milliner, DE Werner, or OT Joeckel. I think the fact that they were 28th in scoring D last year tips them to the defensive side of the ball. I have them going with Jones here after seeing what Von Miller has been able to do in Denver.

4. Philadelphia: OT - Luke Joeckel
    Easiest pick in the draft for me. I don't think anyone needs an explanation why Philly would take the top OT in the draft if he were available.

5. Detroit: CB - Dee Milliner
    While DE Werner and OG Warmack both make sense here, I give the nod to the BPA which is also a longtime position of need for the Lions. If Avril leaves in FA, then Werner could be a stronger consideration.

6. Cleveland: DE/OLB - Bjorn Werner
    Moore, Jones, and Milliner off the board is pretty much a nightmare scenario for the Browns. Possible conversion to the 3-4 and nobody to play rush LB on the roster forces their hand here. With Lombardi calling the shots, he might reach for someone like Mingo or Jordan. Okafor is another option here. The Browns will also consider Geno Smith, but I think the coach talks them out of it.

7. Arizona: OT - Eric Fisher
    Bruce Arians and Tom Moore are smart enough and have been around long enough to know that no QB is going to perform behind that line. Geno Smith is tempting after his work with Luck, but Arians puts Whisenhunt's mess to rest as they name Kolb the starter and try to protect him. Or maybe they trade Larry Fitzgerald to San Fran for Alex Smith and a first round pick?

8. Buffalo: QB - Geno Smith
    Buffalo catches a break as the top QB in the draft falls to them. Marrone breathes a sigh of relief as the local pressure to take his protege Nassib and local favorite is lifted as Smith is available.

9. New York Jets: OG - Chance Warmack
    Jets are bummed that Smith goes one pick before them, and would be the pick if Buffalo goes (as rumored) with Nassib or Glennon or a different direction. Warmack is clearly the BPA here and at a position of need. Vaccaro is in consideration, but the offense needs to improve.

10. Titans: FS - Kenny Vaccaro
    Michael Griffin will probably be cut and Jordan Babineaux has been an underachiever. Titans need to improve their D and will give Locker another year of throwing dirtballs and illegal forward passes. Bummed that Warmack went one spot ahead of them, but happy to have Vaccaro

11. Chargers: OT - Lane Johnson
    I want to put DJ Fluker here, but so many people have Johnson far ahead of him that I think I would be wrong to have him drafted ahead of Johnson... not necessarily that he'll be better.

12. Dolphins: DT - Sheldon Richardson
    Could also go WR Keenan Allen or a corner here with Rhodes, but Richardson I think lets Miami optimize their value as their are good WRs that should be available in the 2nd.

13. Buccaneers: CB - Xavier Rhodes
    Tampa eschewed taking a corner last year opting instead for Mark Barron and now need to take players at the position. I see them taking in-state product Rhodes.

14. Panthers: DT - Johnathan Hankins
    Panthers could also use another WR, but they desperately need a DT and Hankins is a good one.

15. Saints: DE - Ezekiel Ansah
    With no corners or safeties worth the selection at 15, The Saints hope Ansah can take over for Will Smith. DJ Fluker is also a strong consideration, and Montgomery and Mingo are other DE options.

16. Rams: OG - Jonathan Cooper
    Sam Bradford is still getting killed. This needs to stop.

17. Steelers: DE/OLB - Barkevious Mingo
    James Harrison will be cut by the Steelers, so they draft the falling Mingo to replace him.

18. Cowboys: DE - Sam Montgomery
    Switching to 4-3 and Spencer walking, a LDE is needed opposite Ware. Could just as easily be Datone Jones. DJ Fluker is also a consideration here.

19. Giants: LB - Manti Te'o
    The Giants desperately need help at OT and LB. This pick could be Fluker or Te'o, and the other guy probably goes next to the Bears.

20. Bears: OT - DJ Fluker
    With Urlacher leaving, the Bears need a new leader on defense. However, they desperately need to improve their OL play at just about every position. They should be relieved that Fluker was still available if it goes down like this. Their team could use Keenan Allen, but that's a luxury they can't afford right now IMO.

21. Bengals: LB - Alec Ogletree
    The Bengals would be thrilled if Ogletree fell this far. Could also consider Jordan or Okafor here.

22. Rams (from Redskins): FS - Eric Reid
    I think this is high for Reid (I would probably take Elam over Reid), but the Rams have publically announced their desperation at Safety, and this is an "extra" pick due to Fisher's Shanahanigans last year. Again considered Keenan Allen.

23. Vikings: WR - Keenan Allen
    Need, meet BPA.

24. Colts: DT - John Jenkins
    John Jenkins is the prototypical NT. Dion Jordan and Alex Okafor are considerations as rush OLBs as well.

25. Seahawks: WR - DeAndre Hopkins
    Golden Tate did well, but is limited in ability. Hopkins is more talented than any Seahawk WR.

26. Packers: OLB - Dion Jordan
    Green Bay won't panic at WR with Jennings leaving, and will prefer to wait until the second to address their hole at C. I'm tempted to put Okafor here over Jordan, but after Aldon Smith's performance last year I think GB chomps at the bit to put another athletic guy opposite Matthews.

27. Texans: WR - Cordarrelle Patterson
    The Texans finally succumb to the constant insistances that Kevin Walter isn't good enough opposite Andre Johnson.

28. Broncos: CB - Johnthan Banks
    Could have gone with Jesse Williams or Zach Etz here, but Champ Bailey was exposed terribly in the playoffs.

29. Patriots: DE - Datone Jones
    Positional versatility on the front 7 for the Pats. Can play 4-3 LDE, 3-4 DE, 3-4 rush OLB. Considered Robert Woods and Justin Hunter as well.

30. Falcons: TE - Zach Ertz
    I think we've seen Gonzales' swan song. He still played at a very high level this year, but the Falcons have to think about replacing him.

31. San Francisco: NT - Jesse Williams
    Isaac Sopoaga is about to become a free agent and is 31. Jesse Williams falls into their laps.

32. Baltimore: LB - Kevin Minter
    Kevin Minter gets the unenviable task of taking over for Ray Lewis. He's by far the highest-rated inside linebacker in this draft. Matt Elam could also be in the running to take over for Ed Reed.

ROUND 2:

33. Jacksonville: QB - Mike Glennon
    Gus Bradley chooses the quarterback with the WCO background and the strongest arm. Glennon reminds me of Weeden, and the Jags could hope to maximize Blackmon's potential with a strong-armed QB

34. Kansas City: QB - Matt Barkley
    Andy Reid gets his own West Coast QB, and Barkley could end up being a steal in the second round.

35. Philadelphia: SS - Matt Elam
    Philly needs better production from the safety position. They squeezed what they could out of late-round pick Kurt Coleman, but would get a real playmaker in Elam. Could also be Tyler Wilson if Kelly wants to reboot at QB or Kyle Long to kick inside to RG taking over for Danny Watkins. The connection between Long and Kelly could make that the pick, but I'm going with Elam.

36. Detroit: DE - Alex Okafor
    Talent-wise, Okafor should be long gone. If he or Jordan fell to Detroit in the second, it would be a no-brainer to take one of the two.

37. Cincinnati (from Oakland): Eddie Lacy
    The Bengals haven't had a real feature back since Rudi Johnson's brief heyday. This pick is too obvious. A curveball could be Barrett Jones

38. Arizona: QB - Tyler Wilson
    I really think we're going to see a run on QBs at the top of the second round. Wilson is the next man up.

39. NY Jets: RB - Giovanni Bernard
    The Jets take the top WCO running back option here. Could have taken Nassib or Bray, but Bernard will be plug and play in their new WCO having played in a similar system at UNC.

40. Tennessee: OL - Barrett Jones
    The Titans nab Jones to play OG, though local favorite Tyler Bray has to be really tempting to replace Locker.

41. Buffalo: WR - Justin Hunter
    Buffalo is having a great draft as players at two positions of need have fallen to them. With their pick of Austin, Woods, and Hunter, Buffalo would have an enviable dillema. They go with Hunter over Austin because Stevie Johnson and last year's pick TJ Graham are already on the smaller side.

42. Miami: WR - Robert Woods
    Miami rolls the dice that a LT will be available in round 3 and gets a much-needed target for Tannehill in the USC star Robert Woods.

43. Tampa Bay: TE - Tyler Eifert
    After taking a corner in the first, they may double up with Poyer still available, but Eifert would be a terrific upgrade at TE for them.

44. Carolina: DT - Sharrif Floyd
    Although they took a DT in the first round, Carolina could use two of them and if Floyd is rated much higher than this spot. They could take them back to back. This could also be the spot for Poyer.

45. San Diego: OT/OG - Kyle Long
    The Chargers need to completely re-vamp their offensive line and could spend their first three picks on the OL. Kyle Long may be moved inside to OG, but the Chargers need help everywhere, so it's a fit.

46. St. Louis: OT - Oday Aboushi
    St. Louis always needs help on the line, and they get more here.

47. Dallas: OT - Justin Pugh
    Justin Pugh is selected to take over for Doug Free at RT. Could also be C Travis Frederick.

48. Pittsburgh: WR - Terrance Williams
    Pittsburgh might consider Margus Hunt here, but instead grabs the uber-productive receiver from Baylor to replace Mike Wallace.

49. NY Giants: CB - Jordan Poyer
    Corey Webster is done, so the Giants nab Poyer to take over opposite Amukamara. Could also use an OT or another LB, but Poyer is the best value here. LDE Margus Hunt could be considered.

50. Chicago: OG - Larry Warford
    Tavon Austin is very tempting here, but after getting Cutler nearly killed two years in a row, the Bears don't mess around and help shore up their protection.

51. Washington: WR - Tavon Austin
    A new deep threat for Griffin's unlimited arm. Should take over for Santana Moss before too long. Could also be a corner or safety.

52. Minnesota: DT - Kawann Short
    Minnesota needs to reload the middle of their defense.

53. Cincinnati: FS - Phillip Thomas
    Cincinnati needs youth and improvement at the safety position, so they snag Thomas here.

54. Miami (from Indianapolis): CB - Desmond Trufant
    Miami uses the pick they got from trading Vontae Davis to replace him at corner.

55. Green Bay: C - Travis Frederick
    Green Bay would be sweating this pick out... there are a couple of places Frederick could have gone, including two picks earlier to Cincy.

56. Seattle: DE - Margus Hunt
    Chris Clemons tore his knee up in Washington in the playoffs. Hunt has a lot of potential and an unusual body type... seems like a fit for the Seahawks IMO.

57. Houston: OT - Justin Houston
    Tyler Bray must be on Houston's mind here, but they go with his teammate and instant crowd favorite at RT.

58. Denver: RB - Montee Ball
    Willis McGahee is done. Knowshon Moreno seems to be on a pitch count. Ronnie Hillman is too small to be a feature back. Montee Ball would be a good choice here in the absence of any good DTs.

59. New England: WR - Quinton Patton
    New England needs a legitimate WR threat opposite Brandon Lloyd with Welker leaving. Quinton Patton would be a good addition.

60. Atlanta: OT - David Bakhtari
    Sam Baker is a free agent and the Falcons only have $5 million in cap space for the upcoming season, so Atlanta needs a new OT.

61. San Fran: FS/CB Davis Amerson
    San Fran will likely see Dashon Goldson walk this offseason and need another big safety alongside Donte Whitner. Amerson's size and ability to snag passes could make him appealing here.

62. Baltimore: OLB Khaseem Greene
    The Ravens probably won't be able to re-sign all their free agents this year, and Daniel Ellerbe may have to be replaced at WOLB. Fortunately for the Ravens, as so often happens, a talented player at a position of need falls to them.

ROUND 3:

63. Kansas City: WR - Da'Rick Rogers
    Da'Rick Rogers could remind the Chiefs fans of Dwayne Bowe, which would be good considering they'll probably lose him this offseason. Barkley needs a target here, and may get another later depending on who is available.

64. Jacksonville: CB - Logan Ryan
    Jacksonville needs help at corner, and Ryan is thought of as a second round prospect.

65. Detroit: OLB - Arthur Brown
    Detroit may want to give Travis Lewis another year at WOLB and go with another DE (Goodman, maybe Taylor) but I have them taking a leader for their defense in Brown.

66. Oakland: CB - Will Davis
    Oakland can use just about any position on defense, so they add another piece with Davis.

67. Philadelphia: CB - Jamar Taylor
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is a free agent and Asomugha may be cut. They need a corner so I'm giving them the next-highest rated guy.

68. Cleveland: CB - Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    With Sheldon Brown likely on his way out, Cleveland needs to get bigger and more talented at corner.

69. Arizona: DE - Malliciah Goodman
    Arizona is converting to a 4-3 defense, so they need a legit rushing DE. Goodman is a good option here with his great size and speed.

70. Tennessee: QB - Tyler Bray
    In the third round, Bray looks like a good investment. Might not be an ideal fit for the WCO, but he has all the tools as a passer, and is probably the BPA.

71. Buffalo: OLB Chase Thomas
    Switching back to the 3-4 defense, the Bills take Stanford LB Chase Thomas, who could play outside or inside in their LB corps.

72. NY Jets: OLB - Brandon Jenkins
    The Jets could take OT Chris Faulk from LSU here to play RT or WR Aaron Dobson, but I have them taking the value in Jenkins as an edge rusher. Could also be QB Nassib, but with the reports that the Jets will lame duck Sanchez this year, I think their plans at QB involve drafting one next year.

73. Tampa Bay: QB - Ryan Nassib
    There have been reports that the Bucs are not in a hurry to extend Josh Freeman. They could take Nassib if he falls this far as in this mock.

74. San Francisco (from Carolina): WR - Marcus Wheaton
    San Fran has the luxury of being able to draft the BPA. Randy Moss is a Free Agent and Mario MAnningham could be cut. Wheaton fell a little bit in this mock due to WR depth in the draft.

75. New Orleans: OLB - Sean Porter
    The Saints need to beef up their D and they hope Porter can add some of the playmaking ability at OLB that former Aggie Von Miller gave Denver.

76. San Diego: OT - Chris Faulk
    Yes, this is the third OL in a row. The Chargers' line was a disaster last year and needs a total overhaul. Faulk started at LT for LSU, but will be slated to start at RT for the Bolts. An edge rusher like Simon or Carradine could also be in play.

77. Miami: RB - Andre Ellington
    Reggie Bush is a free agent and Miami needs playmakers on offense. Ellington has electrifying speed and offers more as a receiver than Daniel Thomas.

78. St. Louis: WR - Cobi Hamilton
    Brandon Jackson is an unrestricted free agent, but so are wideouts Amendola and Gibson. They just drafted Quick and Givens last year, but they still need another weapon on offense. Christine Michael is tempting for them, but they can wait for a RB until the next round.

79. Pittsburgh: RB - Christine Michael
    Pittsburgh drafts a big RB to take over the starting spot in a muddied backfield. They have to improve their run game and Michael is a talented runner.

80. Dallas: OG - Alvin Bailey
    Jerry Jones continues to boost his beleaguared OL with the Razorback blocker.

81. NY Giants: OT - Menelik Watson
    The Giants take a leap of faith on the huge, athletic raw OT from FSU to help out on their left side. Could also go with another linebacker, but the LT crop gets pretty thin after Watson.

82. Miami (from Chicago): TE - Jordan Reed
    Miami drafts another skill player, and is putting together a group of young playmakers around their young QB.

83. Minnesota: OLB - Jelani Jenkins
    Minnesota drafts the athletic Jenkins to play WOLB in their defense. Also considered Stedman Bailey in case Harvin is gone from Minnesota.

84. Cincinnati: DE - Cornelius Carradine
    Cincinnati has three free agent DEs this year, and they grab a first round talent with their third round pick.

85. Washington: FS - Bacarri Rambo
    Like a lot of the league. Washington needs to improve their safety play. They could take on in the third.

86. Indianapolis: OLB - John Simon
    Questions about Simon's ability to play in space dropped him in this mock, but Indy would gladly snatch him up to rush the passer opposite Mathis, as Freeney is a free agent.

87. Seattle: DT - Sylvester Williams
    Seattle adds another interior lineman in Williams who is a good value here.

88. Green Bay: RB - Joseph Randle
    Green Bay solves their RB problem with the multitalented Joseph Randle.

89. Houston: NT - Brandon Williams
    The Texans replace Shaun Cody with the 340# Senior Bowl superfreak Brandon Williams.

90. Denver: DT - Akeem Spence
    The Broncos improve their interior DL, and take Spence here to play tackle.

91. New England: WR - Stedman Bailey
    With Wes Welker, Julian Edelman, Danny Woodhead, and Deion Branch all unrestricted free agents, the Pats may have to draft a slot receiver in addition to an outside receiver, unless they want to start using 3 and 4 TE sets.

92. Atlanta: C - Khaled Holmes
    Atlanta's 14-year veteran center McClure is a free agent.

93. San Francisco: OLB - Jamie Collins
    San Fran has the ability to go with the BPA here as their team is stacked. They grab the Southern Miss rush OLB wholived in the backfield in college.

94. Baltimore: FS - Tony Jefferson
    Ed Reed is old and a free agent. The Ravens draft his replacement in the third round while continuing to restock their defense.

95(c). Houston: ILB - Nico Johnson
    Texans looking for an upgrade next to Brian Cushing take Johnson out of Alabama.

ROUND 4:

96. Jacksonville: OT - Brennan Williams
    Jacksonville needs a new RT, and this could be the place to do it. OLB is also still a dire need for them.

97. Kansas City: CB - Robert Alford
    Kansas City gets good value at corner in the 4th. Kenny Stills would be awfully tempting here, though.

98. Oakland: ILB - Jon Bostic
    Oakland continues revamping their defense with Bostic.

99. Philadelphia: OG - Hugh Thornton
    Another pick for the OL for Kelly's new club.

100. Detroit: DE - Devin Taylor
    The huge, fast DE goes to Detroit to play opposite Okafor. Would also be a good place for Aaron Dobson.

101. Arizona: RB - Marcus Lattimore
    Arizona is planning for the future, and takes the talented RB who might not be ready to start the season.

102. Cleveland: ILB - Kevin Reddick
    In order to go back to a 3-4 defense, Cleveland will need to add a good ILB. Reddick is clearly the best of what's left, and they won't chance him lasting into the 5th.

103. Buffalo: FS - TJ McDonald
    If Buffalo loses Jarius Byrd in Free Agency, they'll have to get a new Free Safety. McDonald isn't the ballhawk that Byrd is, but Byrd is hard to replace.

104. New York Jets: WR - Aaron Dobson
    The Jets continue their offensive overhaul, taking the talented Dobson in the 4th.

105. Tennessee: SS - Robert Lester
    [I]The Titans complete their re-tooling of the safety position with Lester.[/B]

2. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (01-31-2013),TigerJ (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: My Useless Mock Draft Thread

We're playing 3-4?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Some. And some 4-3. And some 46. I probably would prefer Brandon Jenkins to Chase Thomas. Jenkins isn't going to play ILB, but he can play OLB in a 3-4 or DE in a 4-3. He's only available here because of injury, but injuries heal.
    Last edited by TigerJ; 01-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

5. Post thanked by:

CleveSteve (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,467 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hate the Smith pick, but like the Thomas one.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

7. Post thanked by:

CleveSteve (01-29-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,427 Times in 14,146 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldsie View Post
    We're playing 3-4?
    We'll also run some 1-3-7 as well.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

[QUOTE=CleveSteve;3746309] What do you think for the Bills?

BUF -take an LT at #8 and kick Glenn inside if he pans out. The drumbeat is on for a rookie QB, so trade down with somebody if the itch is irresistible. LBs that can walk and chew gum simultaneously. A DT to groom. A look-see DE pick.

CLE and CIN:

6. Cleveland: DE/OLB - Bjorn Werner
    Moore, Jones, and Milliner off the board is pretty much a nightmare scenario for the Browns. Possible conversion to the 3-4 and nobody to play rush LB on the roster forces their hand here. With Lombardi calling the shots, he might reach for someone like Mingo or Jordan. Okafor is another option here. The Browns will also consider Geno Smith, but I think the coach talks them out of it.

CLE could do worse than Werner. Good size, room to grow...possibly morphing into a true DE like CIN's Michael Johnson did. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns engineer some swaps with a couple of clubs to move down and draft - are you ready for it? - a WR.

21. Bengals: LB - Alec Ogletree
    The Bengals would be thrilled if Ogletree fell this far. Could also consider Jordan or Okafor here.

I wouldn't draft Ogletree here...converted safety who played on a terrific ball-control college club. LB is a need, but less so than safety and probably CB - the Dre Kirkpatrick #1 last year is starting to give off a bit of an odor. DC Zimmer's game is strong DL play. BTW, if LT Lane Johnson dropped to this spot, I'd take'em. Whitworth plays well, but he's getting up there. RT Smith's contract is up, also.

37. Cincinnati (from Oakland): Eddie Lacy
    The Bengals haven't had a real feature back since Rudi Johnson's brief heyday. This pick is too obvious. A curveball could be Barrett Jones

I like Lacy, but he seems to be a fast power runner playing behind a strong OL on a ball control team - see Ogletree. I suspect any RB pick will be later, which is just as well given Jay Gruden's lousy play calling (supposed to bring a WCO offense to CIN, but as was the case for his predecessor, CIN scraped the bottom again in passes to the backs) as well as the B'gal's philosophy of "If I pay you more than the other guy, you're gonna get the starts." Which resulted in C Kyle Cook being inserted into the lineup after coming back from injury in game #8, replacing rookie Treavor Robinsion and watching their run game collapse.

I could see this spot being traded - perhaps to BUF depending on their QB hunt. Or to CLE.

53. Cincinnati: FS - Phillip Thomas
    Cincinnati needs youth and improvement at the safety position, so they snag Thomas here.

RB picked here. Safety if not selected earlier.

68. Cleveland: CB - Blidi Wreh-Wilson
    With Sheldon Brown likely on his way out, Cleveland needs to get bigger and more talented at corner.

Good selection - can he fill in at WR?

84. Cincinnati: DE - Cornelius Carradine
    Cincinnati has three free agent DEs this year, and they grab a first round talent with their third round pick.

Agree. Geathers probably goes. I think M. Johnson gets a tag if not signed. Dunlap gets resigned. Somebody will bite on a trade for Maualuga; 2nd year player Emanual Lemer steps in.

102. Cleveland: ILB - Kevin Reddick
    In order to go back to a 3-4 defense, Cleveland will need to add a good ILB. Reddick is clearly the best of what's left, and they won't chance him lasting into the 5th.

Well, if they insist on a 3 -4....
    Last edited by stuckincincy; 01-29-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

10. Post thanked by:

CleveSteve (01-29-2013)