ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Re: WTF???

This happened in 2004.

http://articles.latimes.com/2004/nov...ion/na-strafe5

National Guard Fighter Jet Strafes N.J. Elementary School

No one is injured when the building, a few miles from a firing range, is hit by 25 rounds of ammunition during a training mission.

more...

I said you need to strive to better than everyone else. I didn't say you needed to be better than everyone else. But you gotta try. That's what character is. It's in the try.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post

Aw mah gawd, Arnold Schwarzenneger and Richard tried to warn us about this in Running Man. Soon there's gonna be a game show about criminals who can win their freedom (even though they'll be killed anyway). Oh lawdy it be duh end of freedumb in Mercuh!
    You are a truly a smart guy. I really don't understand why make yourself look foolish by using strawmen techniques while talking silly, juvenile redneck talk in childish attempts to belittle people who simply have a different opinion on certain subjects than you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by braddavery View Post
    You are a truly a smart guy. I really don't understand why make yourself look foolish by using strawmen techniques while talking silly, juvenile redneck talk in childish attempts to belittle people who simply have a different opinion on certain subjects than you.
    I'm not attempting to belittle anyone Brad, I am commenting on the fact that there are a lot of people overreacting. I'm sorry, I just don't see what the big whoop is all about. The government isn't doing anything unconstitutional in these drills and I really don't see what is so wrong with what they are doing. I have some advice for you and others, just repeat to yourself that its just a subforum on a football message board and I should really just relax.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    I should really just relax.
    This is true. You are the one carrying-on posting nonsense like "Oh lawdy it be duh end of freedumb in Mercuh!"

Seems like you are the one taking things a bit too seriously here. No one is acting like that. Most simply don't like where things are headed. They're not flailing their arms screaming the stupid **** you are acting like they are. You aren't stupid. You do understand that since 9/11 the government has been taking an inch at a time until they get their miles. The more we regulate, the less freedom we have. You do understand that. I know you do. The gun issue isn't just a bout guns. It's a microcosm of a government spending us into oblivion while steadily chipping away at our freedoms and liberty. We are trillions in debt, and our problem is gun-ownership. Give me a break. We have the military flying helicopters in our streets now. We have armed drones flying over American soil. We have bankers laundering millions for drug cartels and nothing happens to them, but a guy (Aaron Swartz) downloads some files from the internet and they try to crucify him by putting him behind bars. Taxes are nearing 50 freaking percent. This country is sliding down and down and down and gun-rights is a lame-duck issue.
    Last edited by braddavery; 01-27-2013 at 02:41 PM.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,812 Times in 2,032 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Why are they doing live drills in cities? They can't do drills on their bases or in the wilderness? Why is it they do these things over the heads of civilians? Shooting blanks from machine guns over the heads of American citizens? Really? You don't find it strange? Oh, I forgot. You don't because your head is buried permanently in the sand.
    it is somewhat strange. but being somewhat strange doesnt mean the government is preparing anything.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    it is somewhat strange. but being somewhat strange doesnt mean the government is preparing anything.
    Who ever said this was a "preparation for anything"?

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

Who ever said this was a "preparation for anything"?
    um. pretty much the whole thread?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

um. pretty much the whole thread?
    You mean one person?

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

You mean one person?
    no, pretty much the whole thread.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

no, pretty much the whole thread.
    One person said that. One. You are making stuff up now too?

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

follow along. the orginal premise of this thread was to claim the military was taking action against citizens, or about to.

again. follow along.

even you youself didnt buy the fact that its just an exercise.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

follow along. the orginal premise of this thread was to claim the military was taking action against citizens, or about to.

again. follow along.
    But no one said that other than MARCELL DAREUS. Maybe you need to "follow along" yourself instead of claiming that people who just think it's strange are claiming that it is a government "preparation" for dissidents.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

But no one said that other than MARCELL DAREUS. Maybe you need to "follow along" yourself instead of claiming that people who just think it's strange are claiming that it is a government "preparation" for dissidents.
    and yet, you didnt buy the claim that it was just a typical exercise, clearing thinking it was more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

and yet, you didnt buy the claim that it was just a typical exercise, clearing thinking it was more.
    WTF are you talking about? I'm questioning why something like this is NECESSARY. You are just being difficult because your little feelings are hurt because I am pointing out that you are seeing your own reality. You REALLY need to start reading what is in front of your face instead of jumping to illogical conclusions based on pre-existing opinions.

LETS GO BLUE!
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

WTF are you talking about? I'm questioning why something like this is NECESSARY. You are just being difficult because your little feelings are hurt because I am pointing out that you are seeing your own reality. You REALLY need to start reading what is in front of your face instead of jumping to illogical conclusions based on pre-existing opinions.
    "lol They plan on shooting "terrorists" in our streets with machine guns from helicopters?"

so, do tell. because clearly you thought it meant more and now are backing off now that you know more than you did.

no big deal, you were wrong. it happens.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

"lol They plan on shooting "terrorists" in our streets with machine guns from helicopters?"

so, do tell. because clearly you thought it meant more and now are backing off now that you know more than you did.

no big deal, you were wrong. it happens.
    You seriously are ****ing pathetic. I'm done with you and your immature idiocy.

It's soooo embarrassing YardRat's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,994 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

I'm questioning why something like this is NECESSARY.
    IMO it's necessary because preparation for contingency situations is required in order to counter those situations in the event one occurs.

Just a side note nobody has considered yet, it's also a possibility that a drill similar to this one is required in order to secure some kind of revenue, such as grant money for specific equipment or training.

Long you live and high you fly And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry And all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be.

18. Post thanked by:

notacon (01-27-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

You are a head-burier who actually believes that your government has your best interests in-mind. That's why. You don't question anything, as long as it's a democrat in the White House. Of course, things change when the republicans take power. If it was G.W. still in the WH, I bet you would be asking questions about this "harmless" military exercise instead of lashing out at people who are asking questions.
    Why don't you take your own advice and stop "making stuff up".

You have said before that I am a conservative and just a "fake Democrat". Now, you re saying that I don't question anything, as long as a Democrat is in office.

Jesus, you have a vivid imagination.

Concerning the subject of this thread, it is hardly any case of a nefarious government activity that needs to be "questioned". In my search of Google (where my comment about the crazies coming out on the subject, like Alex Jones), it was pretty plain that this little exercise was announced before it happened, and it has been done before. Training the military for urban warfare, with as realistic circumstances as possible, does not strike me as unusual or something to be scared of.

The idea that I would react differently if this was one under GW Bush, is silly. This has been done under Bush, as it is part of military training. In fact, the idea that this type of thing changes depending on who occupies the White House is also pretty silly.

Military training is quite separate from, and well beneath, the presidential level.

In any event, I would have reacted exactly the same if I heard about this during Bush's term. I may have, but, I don't remember because it's so irrelevant.

And, lastly, I don't know how you define "lashing out", but my benign statement about some of the reactions I saw upon a Google search is hardly "lashing out"...it's just amusing to me. You spent quite a few posts trying to knock down the idea that the reaction to this exercise was "in preparation" for some kind of government action.

THAT is exactly the kind of reaction I saw when I did a Google search, and what I was commenting on. So...are you too guilty of "lashing out" at people that are "asking questions"??

So, again, heed your own advice and please stop making stuff up.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

After reading many recent threads, I am almost ready to suggest that Billzones has Jones' law. This law is that in any thread in the Bufftpzone regarding anything the probability that someone will invoke Alex Jones directly or an idea entertained by Jones reaches one over time.

Hey man, wanna breed? Spartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,541 Times in 2,223 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    ZoneBux
    Bank
    Total ZoneBux
    Donate

lol They plan on shooting "terrorists" in our streets with machine guns from helicopters?
    Just Muslim terrorists.
    boisterous hubris, arrogance, self deception, conspiracy, mud slinging mixed with a heavy dose of self righteousness.