Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Wilson and Nassib are available with our second pick in this draft...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Wilson and Nassib are available with our second pick in this draft...

choose one and explain why.

I know Nassib well from living in Syracuse and being a fan. Watched a lot. Knowing his abilities and the connection with the new Bill's coaching staff it's an intriguing option.

I watched some Arkansas games and have watched a few games and all highlight tapes I could find and there seems to be something with Wilson that really perks my interest in him. He seems like he just really has it despite some of the trouble this past year with sacks and injury. I chalk some of that up to his supporting cast.

I'm almost convinced that Wilson interests me more at this point as far as potential.

I also think as we've heard three QBs could go in round one and I'd guess these are two of them along with Smith.

If these two are available in round 2, who is your pick and why?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: If Wilson and Nassib are available with our second pick in this draft...

Wilson. He's tough.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jpdex12 View Post

I know Nassib well from living in Syracuse and being a fan. Watched a lot. Knowing his abilities and the connection with the new Bill's coaching staff it's an intriguing option.

I watched some Arkansas games and have watched a few games and all highlight tapes I could find and there seems to be something with Wilson that really perks my interest in him. He seems like he just really has it despite some of the trouble this past year with sacks and injury. I chalk some of that up to his supporting cast.

I'm almost convinced that Wilson interests me more at this point as far as potential.

I also think as we've heard three QBs could go in round one and I'd guess these are two of them along with Smith.

Wilson grades out as the better pro prospect so you almost have to go with him. I say almost as there some things that concern me. Specifically his struggles as a senior and struggles to win in big games. That said Nassib stats are more impressive and his familiarity with our coaching staff are valid arguements for him. Only because I have some concerns with Wilson I go with Nassib but if I was drafting for any other team besides the Bills I would take Wilson so maybe I should reverse my stance as I might be voting with my heart where usually I go with my head.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I should have said Wilson was compared to Jim Kelly...that should be reason enough shouldn't it? Actually in his highlight film he stays in the pocket late and delivers accurate passes while tacking hits. That was impressive. He got hung out to dry by his linemen often but delivered the accurate throw...unlike Fitz does. Wilson appears accurate on the run also...I hope we don't have to use our first pick on a QB so we can grab a top 2 prospect at linebacker or receiver and either trade back into the first to get the QB or get lucky in round 2.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Specifically his struggles as a senior and struggles to win in big games.
    he lost Petrino and his top 3 wr's from 2011. He had a crappy OL from what I read yet he put up decent nos. while getting beat up.
    Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-13-2013 at 01:10 PM.

6. Post thanked by:

Bert102176 (02-13-2013),better days (02-14-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i hate to be the hand police, but if it's true his hands are the same size as mine, we got an issue. i think we need to see all these guys performin the combine now. no one has a champsionship, no one is a no brainer. the pressure is on at the combine to be worth the big money. let's see how they perform there.

nassib intrigues me because he looks like he's a tank. and being familiar with marrone means we should see less growing pains.

wilson is supposed to have more ability higher ceiling. if its true that his lackluster season was a result of the OL, the coach, and WR leaving, then you have to think about him. but i'd like to see how accruate these guys look in the combine.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

People with small hands should be dentists...or better yet, proctologists!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    he lost Petrino and his top 3 wr's from 2011. He had a crappy OL from what I read yet he put up decent nos. while getting beat up.
    Which makes you wonder if Petrino coached him up (see Brian Brohm). Losing the WRs does hurt but his inability to win big games also concerns me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    Which makes you wonder if Petrino coached him up (see Brian Brohm). Losing the WRs does hurt but his inability to win big games also concerns me.
    hard to win without someone decent calling the plays, no weapons and no one to protect you.

11. Post thanked by:

Bert102176 (02-13-2013),better days (02-14-2013)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Why don't we watch the Indy Combine and see the skill sets of multiple QB's before narrowing our choices to 2 .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wilson in 1 second.
    Has great upside and a tough SOB....
    Great arm, a leader, and knows how to deal with adversity....
    I think he is the 2nd best QB in this draft
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

14. Post thanked by:

Bert102176 (02-13-2013),better days (02-14-2013),fluteflakes (02-13-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I like them both as well as ej manuel

- - - Updated - - -

I like them both as well as ej manuel
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wilson's hand size is a definite concern. If the choice is limited to those two, I'll take my chances with Nassib.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Circling the Wagons since 1982. T-Long's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Im a big fan of Wilson....don't think he will be there in Round 2. We will have to trade up to late 1 to get him IMO

Thanks
    Thanked 5,815 Times in 3,477 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Would rather have Wilson or Manuel over Nassib, but only in the 2nd, if we don't get Geno Smith in the 1st.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by T-Long View Post
    Im a big fan of Wilson....don't think he will be there in Round 2. We will have to trade up to late 1 to get him IMO
    I would much rather trade back from #8 myself & get an extra pick or 2 than to lose picks to trade up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    I would much rather trade back from #8 myself & get an extra pick or 2 than to lose picks to trade up.
    I agree with this but only if Geno Smith is off the board when we pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

People with small hands should be dentists...or better yet, proctologists!
    LOL, I'm with you. My first ever root camal was from an oral surgeon who weighed like 450 lbs. and had hands like hams. He kept saying, "Wider, open wider."
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Ryan Nassib: Familiar with Marrone/Hackett
    Pretty athletic
    Thick, sturdy build
    Strong arm
    Compact over the top delivery with a quick release.
    Large hands
    Played a lower level of competition
    Deep balls tend to sail on him.

Tyler Wilson: Played in tough SEC
    Good arm strength
    Willing to take a hit to deliver a strike
    All around accuracy
    Made the best of a bad situation last season and still performed pretty well
    Not as thick/sturdy
    Small hands

I think Wilson is more NFL ready. I think Nassib might have the higher long term upside.

I'm curious. Why not include a couple more possible second round QBs in this comparison; Mike Glennon (who I don't particularly like), and EJ Manuel (that I do kind of like)?

23. Post thanked by:

Yasgur's Farm (02-15-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    Ryan Nassib: Familiar with Marrone/Hackett
    I wonder how much of this would play into their decision if it came down to both qbs. I think Marrone/Hackett are confident enough to take Wilson ( if they think he's more talented ) knowing they can teach him as fast as they taught Nassib a new system in his senior season.