If Wilson and Nassib are available with our second pick in this draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: If Wilson and Nassib are available with our second pick in this draft...

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
    Im a big fan of Wilson....don't think he will be there in Round 2. We will have to trade up to late 1 to get him IMO
    I would much rather trade back from #8 myself & get an extra pick or 2 than to lose picks to trade up.

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
      I would much rather trade back from #8 myself & get an extra pick or 2 than to lose picks to trade up.
      I agree with this but only if Geno Smith is off the board when we pick.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
        People with small hands should be dentists...or better yet, proctologists!
        LOL, I'm with you. My first ever root camal was from an oral surgeon who weighed like 450 lbs. and had hands like hams. He kept saying, "Wider, open wider."
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Ryan Nassib: Familiar with Marrone/Hackett
          Pretty athletic
          Thick, sturdy build
          Strong arm
          Compact over the top delivery with a quick release.
          Large hands
          Played a lower level of competition
          Deep balls tend to sail on him.

Tyler Wilson: Played in tough SEC
          Good arm strength
          Willing to take a hit to deliver a strike
          All around accuracy
          Made the best of a bad situation last season and still performed pretty well
          Not as thick/sturdy
          Small hands

I think Wilson is more NFL ready. I think Nassib might have the higher long term upside.

I'm curious. Why not include a couple more possible second round QBs in this comparison; Mike Glennon (who I don't particularly like), and EJ Manuel (that I do kind of like)?
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
            Ryan Nassib: Familiar with Marrone/Hackett
            I wonder how much of this would play into their decision if it came down to both qbs. I think Marrone/Hackett are confident enough to take Wilson ( if they think he's more talented ) knowing they can teach him as fast as they taught Nassib a new system in his senior season.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
              I wonder how much of this would play into their decision if it came down to both qbs. I think Marrone/Hackett are confident enough to take Wilson ( if they think he's more talented ) knowing they can teach him as fast as they taught Nassib a new system in his senior season.
              A guy that played vs Big East talent in very few big games or a guy that played vs the best and played in much bigger games?
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

I was 100% on board taking Wilson at 8 until the fact that he has hands the size of a 7 year old girl came out. That won't work playing in Buffalo weather. I love the kid's toughness and he throws a pretty nice ball. I just worry he'd be Daunte Culpepper II and have a major fumbling problem and trouble gripping the ball in less than ideal conditions. I have little interest in Nassib.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
                  I was 100% on board taking Wilson at 8 until the fact that he has hands the size of a 7 year old girl came out. That won't work playing in Buffalo weather. I love the kid's toughness and he throws a pretty nice ball. I just worry he'd be Daunte Culpepper II and have a major fumbling problem and trouble gripping the ball in less than ideal conditions. I have little interest in Nassib.
                  I agree about Wilson's hand size being a concern. I would still love the Bills to draft him. I have not liked the idea of Nassib, but I have to admit I have not seen him play a lot & the more I learn about him, the more I like him.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍