Thread: at what point does the sabres management care about us?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

at what point does the sabres management care about us?

We were told Terry is one of us. at what point in this season do you think they'll get the message that this team is clearly not capable of being a deep playoff team. they struggle just to get in and fold when they play tougher competition.

My guess is that March 15th will be the day the axe drops on lindy.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: at what point does the sabres management care about us?

Whats the Cap situation look like?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

I think we are fine on the Cap...A few million under the cap now and just over a little over the new cap for next year...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    We were told Terry is one of us. at what point in this season do you think they'll get the message that this team is clearly not capable of being a deep playoff team. they struggle just to get in and fold when they play tougher competition.

My guess is that March 15th will be the day the axe drops on lindy.
    Once Pegula stops giving oral to Darcy and Ruff, he'll realize they aren't as great as advertized. Ruff will go before Darcy though. Everybody talks what a great coach Ruff is but really what has he done? One trip to the Finals, twice the best team in the League but couldn't get past the ECF. Ruff might win the Cup one day as a coach but it won't be in Buffalo.

5. Post thanked by:

trapezeus (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it's just absurd when you ready the hockey news around the league and they talk about coaches on the hot seat, and our guy isn't even mentioned. and he has 15 years of failing.

Honestly any one of us could hvae guided that 99 team to the cup. "let hasek make night after night of incredible save. find a goal from curtis brown!" What the F!

The 05-06 and 07 teams were good teams, but everyone was playing fast, miller was playing great. The 05 team was the team to win. those injuries were deadly: I dont really know if there is a coach who could have been on their 7th 8th defensemen and win on the road.

But in the 5-6 years since then, he hasn't gotten a single player to play better than where his talent is. and in many cases made them worse. Grigs should be a highlight show right now. he should be left to do his thing on vanek's line. Hodgson should be with an ott and stafford on line 3.

I just don't know if getting rid of reiger is the right move because so many times he's brought people in on great trades and we watch those guys leave and excel again. i'd like to see what a proper coach can do with this talent and then see if its the talent or just the coaching.

This plug should have been pulled at the 6-1 montreal game. at that point, i had seen enough to know these 23-26 guys will never respond to ruff. and frankly i'm not sure if they'll ever respond.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

quality of the Roster has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since that year.

No More Drury,
    No More Briere,

For Starters.

No More Biron,
    No More Campbell,
    No More Teppo,
    No More Zubrus,
    No More Grier
    Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

One problem I see with Pegula as owner. While he is a Sabres fan he has let the personal side get the better of him over the business side. It's like he developed a personal friendship with Ruff/Regier and the players so he will not make the hard business decisions that is necessary to make this team better thus creating an environment where they are safe no matter how bad they manage, coach or play.
    Last edited by don137; 02-12-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by don137 View Post
    One problem I see with Pegula as owner. While he is a Sabres fan he has let the personal side get the better of him over the business side. It's like he developed a personal friendship with Ruff/Regier and the players so he will not make the hard business decisions that is necessary to make this team better thus creating an environment where they are safe no matter how bad they manage, coach or play.
    If he was a sabres FAN, he'd be right here posting with us, basically telling himself to do what needs to be done.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,214 Times in 13,680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As far as the original question, well, every ticket is sold. So, what motivation do they have to care about the fans?

11. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-13-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

like i said in another post op, a friend of mine who is a lower level employee with sabres said that pegula is visibly angry about what's going on. and that that bucky article stating that others in the hockey world are laughing at him has his dander up. He said ruff is moving to a very hot seat very quickly.

I imagine last nights game was a big knock against ruff and if they don't hit a serious winning streak in the next week, we may see ruff's name being brought up in the national press as being one to be oustered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My dad told me locally they are trying to make it out like the Sabres actually played well last night.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    As far as the original question, well, every ticket is sold. So, what motivation do they have to care about the fans?
    This

The $eats are filled. Buyer beware.

$o nothing will change thi$ year.

15. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (02-13-2013)

Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,487 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Basically, the fans are getting what they deserve. So don't come whining to me about it.
    "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21