Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Think the Bills are to draft....

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I Think the Bills are to draft....

he seems like that matt ryan type qb. very smart, good arm, accuate, tough, and can really anticipate windows....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by fluteflakes View Post
    His two biggest weaknesses are his Hands and his footwork. And one is fixable.

I really, really want him in a Bills uni.
    Hand transplant?

3. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-25-2013)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Warming to it. I think Wilson has nice touch. I could see Smith and Barkley going before us but it could be that only 1 goes before us. If that happens I think we would take either Barkley or Smith over Wilson. But if both Barkley and Smith are gone, Wilson at 8 is a real possibility.

I still like taking other players at need positions who have better value at the pick... Patterson is one.

5. Post thanked by:

Bert102176 (02-25-2013)

Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER NOT THE DUDE...'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

he played some really good cerebral ball in the sec... id take the chance..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Warming to it. I think Wilson has nice touch. I could see Smith and Barkley going before us but it could be that only 1 goes before us. If that happens I think we would take either Barkley or Smith over Wilson. But if both Barkley and Smith are gone, Wilson at 8 is a real possibility.

I still like taking other players at need positions who have better value at the pick... Patterson is one.
    NOBODY has more VALUE than a GOOD QB. No matter where he is picked. I would bet the 49ers or Seahawks would now be happy if they had drafted their QBs with their first pick. The Bills may be forced to pick the QB higher than they would like, but Nix has said LB is a position that good ones will be available later in the draft. So if they overpay for the QB & underpay for the LB & they both turn out to be GOOD players, it is a wash.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And I heard a podcast of the John Murphy show with Jim Kelly talking about QBs, his thoughts:

Buffalo is NOT Miami or a dome team. To play in Buffalo, WNY, the QB MUST have a STRONG arm. That was the first thing Kelly said about the qualities a QB should possess that the Bills draft.

He also talked about the Bills trading down to the 20 range in the first rnd.

Kelly & I are thinking alike.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not a believer of the Buffalo late season weather hypothesis and the strong-armed QB necessity. In the past 10 seasons, BUF is 34 - 55 in November and December; 11 and 27 in December. That's with sometimes playing teams out of playoff contention in December, or those that are in but wisely empty their bench.

Kelly's strong arm - fact is, come crunch time in 4 consecutive SB appearances, he didn't make the grade. That he's in the HOF (along with Levy) mystifies me.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    I'm not a believer of the Buffalo late season weather hypothesis and the strong-armed QB necessity. In the past 10 seasons, BUF is 34 - 55 in November and December; 11 and 27 in December. That's with sometimes playing teams out of playoff contention in December, or those that are in but wisely empty their bench.

Kelly's strong arm - fact is, come crunch time in 4 consecutive SB appearances, he didn't make the grade. That he's in the HOF (along with Levy) mystifies me.
    OK so you know more than HOF Jim Kelly about QB's & the qualities they need to play in Buffalo. I am convinced by your argument. (Sarcasm)

And by posting those numbers are you saying Fitz or Trent have strong arms?
    Last edited by better days; 02-24-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    OK so you know more than HOF Jim Kelly about QB's & the qualities they need to play in Buffalo. I am convinced by your argument. (Sarcasm)
    BUF - successful under 0 - 4 Kelly, successful since, eh? Sorry - BUF ownership and doing what it takes to win is about the same as CIN ownership doing what it takes to win.

Sad, I know.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

And 34-55 in Nov & Dec 11-27 in Dec is evidence a STRONG armed QB is NEEDED in Buffalo. You made the case for that, NOT against it with those numbers. The only strong armed QBs the Bills have had in the last 10 years are Bledsoe & Losman & I would not be surprised if they were the QB for many of the wins in that record.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Another SEC QB who had a big day was Tyler Bray, showed off some nice throws. He'll need to prove he's got game on the white board though.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's not just the football IQ that bugs me with Bray, it's also the attitude and maturity. He just screams Ryan Leaf.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by fluteflakes View Post
    It's not just the football IQ that bugs me with Bray, it's also the attitude and maturity. He just screams Ryan Leaf.
    Could be, but he could grow up too. His teammates loved him at Tenn.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

NOBODY has more VALUE than a GOOD QB. No matter where he is picked. I would bet the 49ers or Seahawks would now be happy if they had drafted their QBs with their first pick. The Bills may be forced to pick the QB higher than they would like, but Nix has said LB is a position that good ones will be available later in the draft. So if they overpay for the QB & underpay for the LB & they both turn out to be GOOD players, it is a wash.
    This not as linear as you make it.

Strategy is what can make a good draft a great one. If the difference between a guy like Wilson who might go in the late 1st and a guy you could get in the early second is small, it may make more sense to take the QB in the 2nd where the value at the pick is better... Theoretically, we would then get much better value from the entire draft than if we took a late 1st rounder in the early 1st.

And both the 49er's and Seahawks used strategy and came out with very good value.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    This not as linear as you make it.

Strategy is what can make a good draft a great one. If the difference between a guy like Wilson who might go in the late 1st and a guy you could get in the early second is small, it may make more sense to take the QB in the 2nd where the value at the pick is better... Theoretically, we would then get much better value from the entire draft than if we took a late 1st rounder in the early 1st.

And both the 49er's and Seahawks used strategy and came out with very good value.
    I think both the 49ers & Seahawks came out with good value. However the Bills tried to do the same thing & no QB fell to them so even though they drafted some good players, the past two drafts can be considered incomplete failures. I would take Kaepernick or Russell Wilson over any pick the Bills have made in the last decade. I don't give a damn how drafts are graded, I want a GOOD QB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think both the 49ers & Seahawks came out with good value. However the Bills tried to do the same thing & no QB fell to them so even though they drafted some good players, the past two drafts can be considered incomplete failures. I would take Kaepernick or Russell Wilson over any pick the Bills have made in the last decade. I don't give a damn how drafts are graded, I want a GOOD QB.
    As do I.

But due to the high failure rates we have to be smart about when and where we draft that QB. It's one pick but it can affect the team in other ways.

That said, I think there are a few guys who may end up being in consideration there. And as a guy who has wanted the Bills to get the franchise QB for years, I hope they pull the trigger even if it's a bit earlier than the player should go.

19. Post thanked by:

better days (02-24-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Wilson, after a tradeback.

April Showers & Easter 2024! Frenchman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We may need to look at down the line if not in 2013, if Fitz does not get it together a franchise QB. As they could probably beat Fitz even!
    ​April Showers and Easter!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The more I see of EJ Manual the more I like the kid
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

23. Post thanked by:

Night Train (02-25-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchman View Post
    We may need to look at down the line if not in 2013, if Fitz does not get it together a franchise QB. As they could probably beat Fitz even!
    I think any of the kids coming out in the draft could beat out Fitz for the starting job day one if given a fair chance.

25. Post thanked by:

better days (02-25-2013)