• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Re: I Think the Bills are to draft....

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
    Marked.

I'm trying to think, what year did you have that stunning run of correct draft picks over at the range? And who were they?
    I've called all of Buddy's 1st round picks so far but the all good looking mock nailed like 4 of the picks in 2007. I also got lucky in 2001 as an ignorant middle schooler I correctly predicted Clements, Schobel, and Henry
    Last edited by Mouldsie; 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by SaviorEdwards View Post
      Its hard to predict the draft but these QBs are lack luster IMHO...I could see only one going top 10 and the rest tumbling down the board. I personally like Barkley the best, but my gut tells me Geno Smith goes first and the others sit around for awhile.
      What do you like best about Barkley? His arm strength? His mobility? The fact he was Coached up by Lane Kiffen? I don't like any of those myself.

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

We should just dump the number 8 pick for multiple picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

I say we should try to trade down in the draft pick up a 20 - 26 pick and another 2nd also maybe another 3rd or 4th
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• fluteflakes
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
            What do you like best about Barkley? His arm strength? His mobility? The fact he was Coached up by Lane Kiffen? I don't like any of those myself.
            Hey now, there is no need to besmirch the good name of lame kitten now!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
              • Jan 2010

he seems like that matt ryan type qb. very smart, good arm, accuate, tough, and can really anticipate windows....

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
                His two biggest weaknesses are his Hands and his footwork. And one is fixable.

I really, really want him in a Bills uni.
                Hand transplant?

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Warming to it. I think Wilson has nice touch. I could see Smith and Barkley going before us but it could be that only 1 goes before us. If that happens I think we would take either Barkley or Smith over Wilson. But if both Barkley and Smith are gone, Wilson at 8 is a real possibility.

I still like taking other players at need positions who have better value at the pick... Patterson is one.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
                    • Jan 2010

he played some really good cerebral ball in the sec... id take the chance..

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                      Warming to it. I think Wilson has nice touch. I could see Smith and Barkley going before us but it could be that only 1 goes before us. If that happens I think we would take either Barkley or Smith over Wilson. But if both Barkley and Smith are gone, Wilson at 8 is a real possibility.

I still like taking other players at need positions who have better value at the pick... Patterson is one.
                      NOBODY has more VALUE than a GOOD QB. No matter where he is picked. I would bet the 49ers or Seahawks would now be happy if they had drafted their QBs with their first pick. The Bills may be forced to pick the QB higher than they would like, but Nix has said LB is a position that good ones will be available later in the draft. So if they overpay for the QB & underpay for the LB & they both turn out to be GOOD players, it is a wash.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

And I heard a podcast of the John Murphy show with Jim Kelly talking about QBs, his thoughts:

Buffalo is NOT Miami or a dome team. To play in Buffalo, WNY, the QB MUST have a STRONG arm. That was the first thing Kelly said about the qualities a QB should possess that the Bills draft.

He also talked about the Bills trading down to the 20 range in the first rnd.

Kelly & I are thinking alike.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                          Buffalo Bills Fan
                          • Sep 2003

I'm not a believer of the Buffalo late season weather hypothesis and the strong-armed QB necessity. In the past 10 seasons, BUF is 34 - 55 in November and December; 11 and 27 in December. That's with sometimes playing teams out of playoff contention in December, or those that are in but wisely empty their bench.

Kelly's strong arm - fact is, come crunch time in 4 consecutive SB appearances, he didn't make the grade. That he's in the HOF (along with Levy) mystifies me.
                          Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                            I'm not a believer of the Buffalo late season weather hypothesis and the strong-armed QB necessity. In the past 10 seasons, BUF is 34 - 55 in November and December; 11 and 27 in December. That's with sometimes playing teams out of playoff contention in December, or those that are in but wisely empty their bench.

Kelly's strong arm - fact is, come crunch time in 4 consecutive SB appearances, he didn't make the grade. That he's in the HOF (along with Levy) mystifies me.
                            OK so you know more than HOF Jim Kelly about QB's & the qualities they need to play in Buffalo. I am convinced by your argument. (Sarcasm)

And by posting those numbers are you saying Fitz or Trent have strong arms?
                            Last edited by better days; 02-24-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              OK so you know more than HOF Jim Kelly about QB's & the qualities they need to play in Buffalo. I am convinced by your argument. (Sarcasm)
                              BUF - successful under 0 - 4 Kelly, successful since, eh? Sorry - BUF ownership and doing what it takes to win is about the same as CIN ownership doing what it takes to win.

Sad, I know.
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

And 34-55 in Nov & Dec 11-27 in Dec is evidence a STRONG armed QB is NEEDED in Buffalo. You made the case for that, NOT against it with those numbers. The only strong armed QBs the Bills have had in the last 10 years are Bledsoe & Losman & I would not be surprised if they were the QB for many of the wins in that record.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍