Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

  1. #1
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=media

    but he meant violent rape. he then goes on to say date rape happens, but suggests thats different. rape is rape. whether you violently rape someone, or wait till they are unconscious.

    the thing that REALLY gets me is not how out of touch with reality he is, but the suggestion that date rape is a lesser rape, and to me, that suggests that the rape is "encouraged" by the women due to the college environment and such, but thats my theory.

    that said, its good that the other hosts quickly intervened and corrected him.

  2. #2
    Hunting God pmoon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Silverthorne, Colorado
    Posts
    9,264
    Thanks
    4,097
    Thanked 5,074 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    32
    ZoneBux
    105,273.08
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    105,273.08
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...m_hp_ref=media

    but he meant violent rape. he then goes on to say date rape happens, but suggests thats different. rape is rape. whether you violently rape someone, or wait till they are unconscious.

    the thing that REALLY gets me is not how out of touch with reality he is, but the suggestion that date rape is a lesser rape, and to me, that suggests that the rape is "encouraged" by the women due to the college environment and such, but thats my theory.

    that said, its good that the other hosts quickly intervened and corrected him.
    I disagree. Drugging or getting some girl drunk so you can stick your dick in something warm and wet IS different. I still find it abhorrent, but it is different from holding a knife to the throat and forcing a strange woman to submit.

    One is a crime of violence and control, the other is a crime of opportunity.

    I only ran into one situation when a woman said "No" in midstream. She willingly came back to my apartment, willing got into my bed in panties and bra, willingly let me remove her bra, lick her nipples. Then when the panties were about to go, she said the magic word. Being the gentleman I am, I stopped immediately. Then I went and ****ed her girlfriend who came with her and was in the other bedroom.

    We used to call those kind of girls "cockteasers".
    One Shot, One Kill

  3. Post thanked by:

    jamze132 (02-25-2013),MST3KBillsfan (02-24-2013),ticatfan (02-27-2013)

  4. #3
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I disagree. Drugging or getting some girl drunk so you can stick your dick in something warm and wet IS different. I still find it abhorrent, but it is different from holding a knife to the throat and forcing a strange woman to submit.

    One is a crime of violence and control, the other is a crime of opportunity.

    I only ran into one situation when a woman said "No" in midstream. She willingly came back to my apartment, willing got into my bed in panties and bra, willingly let me remove her bra, lick her nipples. Then when the panties were about to go, she said the magic word. Being the gentleman I am, I stopped immediately. Then I went and ****ed her girlfriend who came with her and was in the other bedroom.

    We used to call those kind of girls "cockteasers".
    while i disagree, do you believe penalties should be different between date rape and forced rape? or the same?

  5. #4
    Hunting God pmoon6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Silverthorne, Colorado
    Posts
    9,264
    Thanks
    4,097
    Thanked 5,074 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    32
    ZoneBux
    105,273.08
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    105,273.08
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    while i disagree, do you believe penalties should be different between date rape and forced rape? or the same?
    It doesn't matter what I think. Rape is rape, so no, the penalty should not be different. That's the current law. The law does leave wiggle room for a woman with an agenda. Point the finger at a guy and cry rape, even if it was consensual, and there is a case. Maybe an ex-wife looking to roast the ex-husband or a spurned girlfriend looking for payback. Not saying that it happens often or that women are not victims, but it does happen.

    However, date rape usually doesn't involve murder. Violent rape usually does.

  6. Post thanked by:

    MST3KBillsfan (02-24-2013)

  7. #5
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    It doesn't matter what I think. Rape is rape, so no, the penalty should not be different. That's the current law. The law does leave wiggle room for a woman with an agenda. Point the finger at a guy and cry rape, even if it was consensual, and there is a case. Maybe an ex-wife looking to roast the ex-husband or a spurned girlfriend looking for payback. Not saying that it happens often or that women are not victims, but it does happen.

    However, date rape usually doesn't involve murder. Violent rape usually does.
    well, yeah. but once someone murders the victim, its no longer just rape.

  8. #6
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,743
    Thanks
    7,494
    Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    while i disagree, do you believe penalties should be different between date rape and forced rape? or the same?
    I cannot speak for Pmoon, but I myself think that forced rape should have a far steeper penalty than date rape because there are actually some sick women out there who will use "date rape" to ruin a man's life. The ******* sonovabich who rapes a random woman should go to prison and preferably never see the light of day again, but the penalty needs to be much less severe for "date rape." For instance, date rape shouldn't get one on the sex offender registry like regular rape. Also, because the person who did the date rape did violate his victim he should be fined and imprisoned if convicted but not to the severity of the man who rapes some random woman. You get convicted of rape I have no problem throwing you in prison for the rest of your life and automatically adding your name to the sex offender registry. I'd give someone convicted of date rape up to three years in prison, a fine of up to 10,000 dollars, and I'd also put him on the hook for the payment of child support if his crime created a baby. However, I would not enter his name onto the sex offender registry once he was discharged from prison.


    Oh and in the case of a woman who falsely accused a man of date rape, or any other type of rape for that matter, would ideally receive the same punishment that her victim wrongly received. She should be at least partially liable for paying back any damages he incurred and she should also have to match his time in prison. If he served 10 years for something he didn't commit she should receive the exact same sentence. Rape is an abominable crime, but if there is one crime worse than rape it is falsely accusing someone of rape. Both crimes do destroy lives. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for any woman who has been raped --even in the case of date rape -- but I also have nothing but the deepest disdain for a woman who falsely accuses someone of being raped because not only does a woman who falsely accuses someone of rape ruin someone's life but she also mocks the horror of rape that real victims of rape were forced to endure and that is just as sick if not even more so.

  9. #7
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    I cannot speak for Pmoon, but I myself think that forced rape should have a far steeper penalty than date rape because there are actually some sick women out there who will use "date rape" to ruin a man's life. The ******* sonovabich who rapes a random woman should go to prison and preferably never see the light of day again, but the penalty needs to be much less severe for "date rape." For instance, date rape shouldn't get one on the sex offender registry like regular rape. Also, because the person who did the date rape did violate his victim he should be fined and imprisoned if convicted but not to the severity of the man who rapes some random woman. You get convicted of rape I have no problem throwing you in prison for the rest of your life and automatically adding your name to the sex offender registry. I'd give someone convicted of date rape up to three years in prison, a fine of up to 10,000 dollars, and I'd also put him on the hook for the payment of child support if his crime created a baby. However, I would not enter his name onto the sex offender registry once he was discharged from prison.


    Oh and in the case of a woman who falsely accused a man of date rape, or any other type of rape for that matter, would ideally receive the same punishment that her victim wrongly received. She should be at least partially liable for paying back any damages he incurred and she should also have to match his time in prison. If he served 10 years for something he didn't commit she should receive the exact same sentence. Rape is an abominable crime, but if there is one crime worse than rape it is falsely accusing someone of rape. Both crimes do destroy lives. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for any woman who has been raped --even in the case of date rape -- but I also have nothing but the deepest disdain for a woman who falsely accuses someone of being raped because not only does a woman who falsely accuses someone of rape ruin someone's life but she also mocks the horror of rape that real victims of rape were forced to endure and that is just as sick if not even more so.
    this is why some people look at rape in a nonchalant light. yes. some people do cry rape when in reality they wernt raped. but for ****s sake. the minute you look at date rape like that, this is EXACTLY why people dont take date rape seriously, and why many women dont come forward due to fear of not being believed.

    there are some ****ty people out there. that doesnt mean real victims should be punished by making less of it.

    i like moonies posts about date rape in the old days. bunch of guys would pay the ******* a "visit"... i hope with baseball bats.

  10. Post thanked by:

    ICRockets (02-26-2013),pmoon6 (02-25-2013)

  11. #8
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,991
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 905 Times in 680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    8
    ZoneBux
    4,999.05
    Bank
    407,097.26
    Total ZoneBux
    412,096.31
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    The next time Bob Beckel(who represents "the left")on Fox News tries this tactic again, please direct him to this column and tell him to have a nice hot cup of STFU...

    http://www.thenation.com/blog/173033...eadly-misogony
    "Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you."

    -Tyrion Lannister to Jon Snow, "Game of Thrones"

  12. #9
    Registered User MidnightVoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In the sixties
    Posts
    9,521
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 1,719 Times in 1,021 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    31
    ZoneBux
    15,906.63
    Bank
    874,685.81
    Total ZoneBux
    890,592.44
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    The page you are looking for could not be found
    Please use the site-wide search to locate the desired content, or go back to the previous page.
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof ~ Christopher Hitchens

  13. #10
    Not quite Best in the World.... ckg927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,991
    Thanks
    1,003
    Thanked 905 Times in 680 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    8
    ZoneBux
    4,999.05
    Bank
    407,097.26
    Total ZoneBux
    412,096.31
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus


  14. #11
    i appear missing JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    6,377
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5,769 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    28
    ZoneBux
    84,108.33
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    84,108.33
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    I wish there were female rapists.

    I'd put a neon sign out front that said WELCOME RAPISTS, DOOR'S OPEN.

  15. Post thanked by:

    JATMtheJATM (02-24-2013)

  16. #12
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,743
    Thanks
    7,494
    Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    this is why some people look at rape in a nonchalant light. yes. some people do cry rape when in reality they wernt raped. but for ****s sake. the minute you look at date rape like that, this is EXACTLY why people dont take date rape seriously, and why many women dont come forward due to fear of not being believed.

    there are some ****ty people out there. that doesnt mean real victims should be punished by making less of it.

    i like moonies posts about date rape in the old days. bunch of guys would pay the ******* a "visit"... i hope with baseball bats.
    Whose discounting date rape? Not me? While I don't see it being as severe as other types of rape I think its horrible. However, I think five years in prison and a ten thousand dollar fine (not to mention civil suits for a whole lot more that could be awarded to the victim) is adequate for someone who is guilty of date rape. That being said, I too like Moonie's stories of yesteryear because that is what the guy deserves.

  17. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cranford, NJ
    Posts
    18,986
    Thanks
    556
    Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    67
    ZoneBux
    7,958.17
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    7,958.17
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    Whose discounting date rape? Not me? While I don't see it being as severe as other types of rape I think its horrible. However, I think five years in prison and a ten thousand dollar fine (not to mention civil suits for a whole lot more that could be awarded to the victim) is adequate for someone who is guilty of date rape. That being said, I too like Moonie's stories of yesteryear because that is what the guy deserves.


    You just went from "up to three years" to five years.

    What number works for you

  18. #14
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,743
    Thanks
    7,494
    Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by EricStratton View Post
    You just went from "up to three years" to five years.

    What number works for you
    That's the thing, I agree that date rape --while horrible -- is not as horrible as other forms of rape. I would treat it like manslaughter because much like manslaughter results in death it is not as bad as murder date rape is rape but not as bad as other forms of rape. As such, I think you should do prison time, three to five years if you do date rape and you should have to pay up to 10,000 dollars in penalty in addition to whatever your victim sues you for in a civil proceeding. As for my number, it went up because I know that in somestates manslaughter gets you three, but have found that other states average about five years. I think five years for forcing the issue with a woman you are dating after she says "NO" a fine of up to 10,000 dollars and any damages she or her family obtains in civil court against you is a fair punishment. However, I don't think you should end up in a registry for this because you could just be a combination of a number of things and stupid.

    Other types of rape? 20 years to life, no chance of parole, and if you ever do get released from prison you automatically get put on the sex offender list.

  19. #15
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    Whose discounting date rape? Not me? While I don't see it being as severe as other types of rape I think its horrible. However, I think five years in prison and a ten thousand dollar fine (not to mention civil suits for a whole lot more that could be awarded to the victim) is adequate for someone who is guilty of date rape. That being said, I too like Moonie's stories of yesteryear because that is what the guy deserves.
    rape is rape. you said that date rape should be lesser because some women cry date rape when it was consensual. i know you always use that girl you love in pittsburg as an example, but the cries of wolf shouldnt make actual date rape any less severe.

  20. #16
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,743
    Thanks
    7,494
    Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    rape is rape. you said that date rape should be lesser because some women cry date rape when it was consensual. i know you always use that girl you love in pittsburg as an example, but the cries of wolf shouldnt make actual date rape any less severe.
    1) Love? No, I might love to hate this lady, but no I cannot say I love her. Personal dislike of her aside, if someone did actually assault, rape, or kill her I would want to see the offender prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and if I was in a position to stop someone from attacking her I would out of human decency.
    2) To be fair, date rape to me --simply because it has never happened to anyone I know, at least as far as I know -- is rather murky. I see it as horrible as opposed to other forms of rape that I believe are simply attrocious and unforgivable.
    3) As seen in point 2, it has never happened to anyone that I know, at least as far as I know, but I would say that if it indeed did happen I would probably be in prison for murder because I would probably kill the offender who violated her.
    4) I agree, those who cry wolf do not make actual rape any less severe. Those who cry wolf IMHO are almost as disgusting as the actual rapists
    5) Look I don't like rape, and I cannot stand rapists, and I feel sorry for any woman who has been violated in such a way.
    Last edited by MST3KBillsfan; 02-24-2013 at 07:19 PM.

  21. #17
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    1) Love? No, I might love to hate this lady, but no I cannot say I love her. Personal dislike of her aside, if someone did actually assault, rape, or kill her I would want to see the offender prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and if I was in a position to stop someone from attacking her I would out of human decency.
    2) To be fair, date rape to me --simply because it has never happened to anyone I know, at least as far as I know -- is rather murky. I see it as horrible as opposed to other forms of rape that I believe are simply attrocious and unforgivable.
    3) As seen in point 2, it has never happened to anyone that I know, at least as far as I know, but I would say that if it indeed did happen I would probably be in prison for murder because I would probably kill the offender who violated her.
    4) I agree, those who cry wolf do not make actual rape any less severe. Those who cry wolf IMHO are almost as disgusting as the actual rapists
    5) Look I don't like rape, and I cannot stand rapists, and I feel sorry for any woman who has been violated in such a way.
    perhaps ask someone who has been date raped if they feel its not that bad compared to violent rape.

  22. Post thanked by:

    ICRockets (02-26-2013)

  23. #18
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,743
    Thanks
    7,494
    Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    perhaps ask someone who has been date raped if they feel its not that bad compared to violent rape.
    Perhaps, but I think you are misunderstanding me --granted, perhaps I am misunderstanding myself -- but when I say less severe I don't mean "not that bad." When you say not so bad I get the impression that you mean a cold isn't that bad when you know someone who is dying of say ebola virus. No, date rape is horrible, and the guilty party should go to prison for five years. If, of course, he does this **** again he should get the same exact penalty as the rapist because then its clear that he is unrepentant and cannot be trusted. I am not taking anything away from a woman who has suffered date rape. Its a terrible crime and no means no, and if a guy can't understand that he should be imprisoned. I don't care if he gets his date in the bedroom and she's flung off the bra and is showing her vagina, if she says no and you force the issue then yes you go to prison for 5 years. I do not take date rape lightly. Lighter than other forms of rape, but by no means lightly
    Last edited by MST3KBillsfan; 02-24-2013 at 07:35 PM.

  24. #19
    LETS GO BLUE!
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,110
    Thanks
    2,715
    Thanked 3,194 Times in 2,329 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    26
    ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    78,072.99
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Suetonius View Post
    Perhaps
    i think rape is rape. thats just me.

  25. Post thanked by:

    ICRockets (02-26-2013)

  26. #20
    Registered User MST3KBillsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,743
    Thanks
    7,494
    Thanked 2,026 Times in 1,438 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    23
    ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Bank
    0.00
    Total ZoneBux
    104,379.23
    Donate

    Re: fox news host claims rape doesnt happen on college campus

    Quote Originally Posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
    i think rape is rape. thats just me.
    and even after all I said, I think you may indeed be right. Again, my thing is not to mitigate the severity of the crime of rape and I am not like the "brilliant" gop idiot from St. Louis who thinks a woman who gets pregnant because of rape didn't really get raped. However, I do know one woman personally who falsely accused people of rape repeatedly. As such, I will say this much. Rape is a terrible crime regardless of the circumstances, but almost equally as bad are those who cry wolf in regard to rape. Both crimes should be severely punished.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •