• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Richard Sherman VS Skip Bayless

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
    There is no such thing as bad press.

Positive, Negative, all that matters now is the ESPN will have their eyes on him next season and will play "I'm better at life than you" non-stop. He's drawing attention to himself.

If he backs it up with his play, that's another story.
    There is bad press. Whoever said that is ******ed. It's just not logical. Using that logic Jerry Sandusky really kick started his career last year!

In a sport, you want your clients to come off as likeable. Arrogance and confidence is great, you just have to pick your spots and be smart about it. Sherman went on TV yesterday and made a large portion of whoever was watching feel bad for the most hated person in sports media, go ahead and comprehend that. If I'm a vendor, he's not the guy I want representing my company. The moment his play isn't worth his mouth, he's out of the league.

- A long family history of working with pro athletes. And I can tell you right now, this guy SEEMS like he would be a headache to work with.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

I'm glad I saw this clip. I usually watch First Take but missed it the other day. I would've liked to hear the rest of it along with Skip's and Stephen A Smith's comment afterwards.

They are entertaining to listen to especially Stephen A. Bayless and his love affair with Tebow drive me insane. Maybe when Tebow comes out of the closet Skip can try and pick him up after that.

I like watching them during football season and when the offseason focus is on the NFL but this time of the year when they mostly talk the NBA it's not that exciting to listen to.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Slim View Post
        There is bad press. Whoever said that is ******ed. It's just not logical. Using that logic Jerry Sandusky really kick started his career last year!
        That's just a wee bit of an exaggeration, comparing a pissing match with a journalist that more than half the country thinks sucks with molestation.

Look at Bayless, himself...he certainly isn't a household name to many in sports because of his voluminous body of quality work or journalistic integrity.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

You really think the 32 gm's in the NFL don't know who Richard Sherman is ?
          You really think he needs that exposure so those gm's know who he is ?
          He will or won't get paid depending on his future play, not acting like an ass**** in an interview.

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            That's just a wee bit of an exaggeration, comparing a pissing match with a journalist that more than half the country thinks sucks with molestation.

Look at Bayless, himself...he certainly isn't a household name to many in sports because of his voluminous body of quality work or journalistic integrity.
            My argument is with the logic, not comparing the two events.

Comment

• Slim
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
              You really think the 32 gm's in the NFL don't know who Richard Sherman is ?
              You really think he needs that exposure so those gm's know who he is ?
              He will or won't get paid depending on his future play, not acting like an ass**** in an interview.
              If he continues to act like this he will lose money due to his attitude, eventually. Regardless of his play.

Comment

Working...
              X