X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Richard Sherman VS Skip Bayless

Not a big Skip fan but Sherman is an idiot here.

Embrace the debate, you guys! Here's a painfully awkward clip from today's edition of First Take in which Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who is not afraid to speak his mind, has some very unkind things to say about resident ESPN troll Skip Bayless.
  • fluteflakes
    • Jan 2013

Re: Richard Sherman VS Skip Bayless

Someone called Bayless on his pompous assitude.

I like D1ck Sherman man, he's funny.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by fluteflakes View Post
      Someone called Bayless on his pompous assitude.

I like D1ck Sherman man, he's funny.
      Bayless is exactly that, and Sherman made himself sound like one as well.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

At least Sherman is young and has the opportunity to mature. Bayless shot that wad years ago.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• fluteflakes
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN View Post
          Bayless is exactly that, and Sherman made himself sound like one as well.
          The thing with Sherman, is that he KNOWS what he's doing. He does it, just like he does on the field, to get under the other guys skin when he feels he's been disrespected.

Sherman is actually a pretty calm, laid back guy but on twitter and in the mass media world the character he's created for himself allows everyone to be distracted by that, while he silently becomes the #2, if not #1 corner in the league.

I like it. It's not like Skip Bayless where he's just a miserable SoB who treats everybody who doesn't share his opinion with disdain, and refuses to talk about certain sports because he can't be bothered to do research on them. ESPN made him this big huge deal when all the Tebow stuff was going on, now that it's dying out, I hope his popularity starts to die out with it.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
            • Oct 2002

IMO they are both D-bags. There are better ways to get under someones skin and better times. Sorry but that interview made Sherman look like an ass. He didn't embarrass Skip one bit. It made Sherman look like an idiot. All Sherman did is run his mouth, he didn't prove a thing. This i far from silently becoming the number 1 corner. The biggest thing I hate about Skip is what you said, he is limited on his sports knowledge. He calls players out, and in this case Sherman bit, and made himself a bigger idiot then Skip.

Comment

• fluteflakes
              • Jan 2013

I'v seen enough of Sherman to know that this is just an act he puts on. But I can definitely see why you'd think he's an ass. He comes off as one at times. I just happen to think it's funny.

Oh and Revis started the whole tit-for-tat thing between he and Sherman, the media just likes to forget that part.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Sherman didn't do himself any favors. I bet the Stanford community would like him to shut his mouth.
                I will say he is the only guy to leave Stephen A. speechless for 3 min.

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

I didn't think it was possible to feel bad for Skip Bayless. Sherman came off terrible there. What a pompous *****.

Comment

• braddavery
                    Politics Suck
                    • Aug 2012

Say what you will about the idiot Bayless, he handled this situation with true professionalism and made Sherman look bad by doing it.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                      Sherman didn't do himself any favors. I bet the Stanford community would like him to shut his mouth.
                      I will say he is the only guy to leave Stephen A. speechless for 3 min.
                      I think he did...gotta be a well-known name when it's time to cash in, and almost any kind of exposure won't hurt. Smart move.

Nobody even knew who the hell Jim Rome was until Jim Everette knocked him on his ass for continually calling him 'Chris' in an interview.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• fluteflakes
                        • Jan 2013

Sherman has a degree in communications, graduated Stanford with 3.9 GPA, and is going back for his Masters during the off-season.

He knows what he's doing. It's savvy marketing, it's putting the bullseye on him and drawing media attention to him, just like he wants.

Comment

• Slim
                          • Apr 2004

Sherman has a degree in communications, graduated Stanford with 3.9 GPA, and is going back for his Masters during the off-season.

He knows what he's doing. It's savvy marketing, it's putting the bullseye on him and drawing media attention to him, just like he wants.
                          Judging by the overwhelmingly negative response to him in this video, I hope he didn't do this to "market" himself.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                            • Jan 2013

There is no such thing as bad press.

Positive, Negative, all that matters now is the ESPN will have their eyes on him next season and will play "I'm better at life than you" non-stop. He's drawing attention to himself.

If he backs it up with his play, that's another story.

Comment

• braddavery
                              Politics Suck
                              • Aug 2012

There is no such thing as bad press.

Positive, Negative, all that matters now is the ESPN will have their eyes on him next season and will play "I'm better at life than you" non-stop. He's drawing attention to himself.

If he backs it up with his play, that's another story.
                              Of course there is bad press for professional athletes. They can lose millions in endorsement deals and salary for saying and/or doing the wrong things. It happens all the time. This helps Sherman in no way and helps Bayless/ESPN in many ways.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍