Thread: Miami making moves

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Miami making moves

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ins-agree-deal

Ellerbe, Wheeler and Wallace? Between them and the Pats I think we can chalk up 4 losses next year.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Miami making moves

Throw in the Jets and it's 6.

Not that the Jets will be any good- they're as big a disaster as we are. But we just can't seem to win within the division and that doesn't look like it's changing anytime soon.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So long as we do it right this time I'm willing to take the medicine. As for the Fins, they may be able to compete for a Wild Card if Tannehill has a halfway decent season. I still think we get one from the Jets... having Pettine's knowledge of them should be enough for that much.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Reggie Bush hurt us way more than Mike Wallace will
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce! nolimit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

13 mill per for Wallace is about the biggest joke I have ever seen

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...ins-agree-deal

Ellerbe, Wheeler and Wallace? Between them and the Pats I think we can chalk up 4 losses next year.
    If they did lose Long, as there are conflicting reports, I just want to see how long Tannehill will be able to stand in the pocket and throw bombs to Wallace with no blindside protection. Tannehill is no Roethliburger in escaping pressure from what I remember last year also it appears they aren't going to re-sign Reggie Bush who was a good safety blanket. I agree their defense might be improved but Ellerbe wasn't a great coverage LB with the Ravens and Wheeler's alwaus played in a 4-3 as a pro so no guarantee he'll succeed in a 3-4.

7. Post thanked by:

SquishDaFish (03-12-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    If they did lose Long, as there are conflicting reports, I just want to see how long Tannehill will be able to stand in the pocket and throw bombs to Wallace with no blindside protection. Tannehill is no Roethliburger in escaping pressure from what I remember last year also it appears they aren't going to re-sign Reggie Bush who was a good safety blanket. I agree their defense might be improved but Ellerbe wasn't a great coverage LB with the Ravens and Wheeler's alwaus played in a 4-3 as a pro so no guarantee he'll succeed in a 3-4.
    miami plays a 4-3 since last season...but anyways why is everybody always complaining about the money part...is this your money ? do you have to work hard to get these players paid ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,055 Times in 1,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    miami plays a 4-3 since last season...but anyways why is everybody always complaining about the money part...is this your money ? do you have to work hard to get these players paid ?
    Okay then reverse that, Ellerbe has to transition (compared to Wheeler) to be a MLB in a 4-3 from a 3-4 ILB, despite both playing on the inside they aren't the same position.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,398 Times in 13,784 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    Really?

Salary cap league.

Every player that gets overpaid comes at the opportunity cost of getting other players and having a more complete roster.

I never thought I'd have to spell that out. I thought it was rather obvious.

11. Post thanked by:

Don't Panic (03-13-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Jokeman View Post
    It's amazing how we downplay others big moves while up play our small moves. Some zoners were convinced that Robert Royal was going to magically turn into an All Pro a few years back. Wallace will burn holes in our weak ass secondary!!! I say at least 2TDs and 150 yards in 2013 vs Bills! As far as Long - we list Livitre and Livitre is a better guard than Long is tackle. We lost Peters a few years back and most you defended the move why not give the dolphins the same benefit of the doubt. They are miles ahead of us!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

OP

There is now a sakery cap floor... Thank god! In any case teams have to spend the money that being said I strongly prefer Wallace at $11M/yr than Gibson & McFumbles at $10M/yr! This is the problem with the Bills they let good players go, then they try replace them with marginal players. The results are obvious.

Levitre @ 7.8M/yr is a better investment than McFumbles @ 5M/yr. if Bills pay Gibson anything close to Heartline Money ($5/yr) they deserve every loss they get over the next 5 years.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf View Post
    Reggie Bush hurt us way more than Mike Wallace will
    It looks like they are going to lose Reggie Bush.

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes it is nice to see the Dolphins agressive this year in trying to improve the team, Will it work? who knows, but the past few offseasons have been littered with letting good free agents pass by, while signing mediocre ones that turned out to do nothing. Yes we paid alot for Wallace, but if we make the playoffs or win the super bowl, it will be worth it. This is the first offseason in a while where we have good tools to try and improve the team, and not having to search for a QB.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm impressed. The fins went with youth and speed.

the excitement will last for the opening game and then fish fans start being no shows again. It's what they do.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Fins are currently trying to get Public funding for a $400 million upgrade their stadium. As long as the excitement last till opening day, thats all they really care about.

Also a funny article here about Wheeler

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ler-last-year/

"As Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald points out, the Dolphins brought in linebacker Philip Wheeler on a free agent visit March 24, 2012.

They didn’t sign him then, and he ended up with the Raiders, inking a one-year deal that paid him $700,000.

Tuesday, the Dolphins gave him a five-year deal worth $26 million.

The same personnel department and coaching staff which evaluated Wheeler last year and decided he wasn’t worth throwing a million bucks at made the decision to give him many more this year.

Wheeler just got a lot better last season, apparently. It remains to be seen whether the Dolphins’ decision-making process did."

18. Post thanked by:

better days (03-13-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,117 Times in 2,045 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    I'm impressed. The fins went with youth and speed.

the excitement will last for the opening game and then fish fans start being no shows again. It's what they do.
    My team hasnt bad a blackout in over a decade, yours has had several.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    And yet there are more fans in the seats for every game at the Ralph than at any Fins games, whatever they are calling that stadium now. The Fins can't even fill the seats on opening day.

The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying. Static's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Never understood the whole fans arguement, the only fan i care about is me......oh well i guess when your teams havent done anything significant for years you reach for what you can.....

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Never understood the whole fans arguement, the only fan i care about is me......oh well i guess when your teams havent done anything significant for years you reach for what you can.....
    Yeah, no fan argument out of New England until Brady is done, then all their bandwagon fans will jump back to the Giants.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    read my post. It said no shows.

24. Post thanked by:

better days (03-13-2013)