3-15 Daily list of players who are still unsigned and would bring value to this team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

3-15 Daily list of players who are still unsigned and would bring value to this team

LB:
    Karlos Dansby
    James Harrison
    Justin Durant
    Dan Connor
    Dwight Freeney
    Daryl Smith
    Bart Scott
    Brad Jones
    Calvin Pace

S:
    Ed Reed
    Quntin Mikell
    Bernard Pollard
    Gerald Sensabaugh

G:
    Brandon Moore
    Deuce Lutui
    Kevin Boothe

TE:
    Fred Davis
    Chris Cooley
    Kevin Boss
    Brandon Myers

WR:
    Josh Cribbs
    DHB
    Louis Murphy
    Steve Smith
    Dominek Hixon
    Ramses Barden

• clumping platelets

Re: 3-15 Daily list of players who are still unsigned and would bring value to this t

What about DL?

Comment

• The Jokeman
      • Dec 2003

Re: 3-15 Daily list of players who are still unsigned and would bring value to this t

LB:
      Karlos Dansby -If we're running a 4-3 not sure he has a place to play
      James Harrison -I'm not a fan, the Steelers are one of those smart teams that knows when to let go of aging vets
      Justin Durant -I'm shocked he's out there
      Dan Connor -He's always been talked about since his days at PSU but think he's overhyped
      Dwight Freeney -I don't like him for this roster but he'll likely sign with New England and prove us wrong that his tank isn't empty
      Daryl Smith -Worth a chance but it might get we traded Poz for this? comments
      Bart Scott -If want a 2 down LB maybe worth a look but not sure where he fits as are 2 OLBs are Nigel and Manny
      Brad Jones
      Calvin Pace

S:
      EDIT: Mike Huff -Not sure we need a starter but he'd be top of my list if looking for one
      Ed Reed -He seemed to be flirting with Houston for a very long time and he's a FS not a SS
      Quntin Mikell -Not a big fan
      Bernard Pollard -Age is a big concern
      Gerald Sensabaugh -Not a big fan

G:
      Brandon Moore -As long as it's for less than $3m
      Deuce Lutui -He's suspended the first 4 games due to being caught with PED.
      Kevin Boothe -Solid pick but wonder why no one's signed him yet

TE:
      Fred Davis -ACL injuries scare me especially on guys who rely on speed to be difference makers
      Chris Cooley- This guy has seen his last days in the NFL unless the Redskins can't re-sign Davis but even then he may have seen his last days.
      Kevin Boss- I was never a big fan of us and the Chiefs not keeping him makes me want him even less.
      Brandon Myers -Possible 1 year wonder.

WR:
      Josh Cribbs -I think he signed with Arizona or was pretty close
      DHB -I'd take him
      Louis Murphy -He starteved over DHB in Oakland
      EDIT: Mohamed Massaquoi -I wonder if he's as bad as his numbers have been or just the Cleveland Browns QB have been that bad
      EDIT: Ben Obamanu -Maybe not a true #2 but think worth a look
      Steve Smith -Sorry he not the same player he was with the Giants, injury has ruined him or the lack of Eli Manning
      Dominek Hixon -The Kevin Everett connection makes him landing here almost impossible
      Ramses Barden -I don't get the interest

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

i would like

FB jerome Felton

WR Josh Cribbs or Louis Murphy

Guard Moore or Booth

Is Roach still out there?

Dansby or Durant

TE Myers i year wonder or not he has more talent than SMith and Chandler is hurtin
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• clumping platelets

Felton re-signed

One of the worse run D's....we should be looking for DL help

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            LB:
            Karlos Dansby -If we're running a 4-3 not sure he has a place to play
            James Harrison -I'm not a fan, the Steelers are one of those smart teams that knows when to let go of aging vets
            Justin Durant -I'm shocked he's out there
            Dan Connor -He's always been talked about since his days at PSU but think he's overhyped
            Dwight Freeney -I don't like him for this roster but he'll likely sign with New England and prove us wrong that his tank isn't empty
            Daryl Smith -Worth a chance but it might get we traded Poz for this? comments
            Bart Scott -If want a 2 down LB maybe worth a look but not sure where he fits as are 2 OLBs are Nigel and Manny
            Brad Jones
            Calvin Pace

S:
            EDIT: Mike Huff -Not sure we need a starter but he'd be top of my list if looking for one
            Ed Reed -He seemed to be flirting with Houston for a very long time and he's a FS not a SS
            Quntin Mikell -Not a big fan
            Bernard Pollard -Age is a big concern
            Gerald Sensabaugh -Not a big fan

G:
            Brandon Moore -As long as it's for less than $3m
            Deuce Lutui -He's suspended the first 4 games due to being caught with PED.
            Kevin Boothe -Solid pick but wonder why no one's signed him yet

TE:
            Fred Davis -ACL injuries scare me especially on guys who rely on speed to be difference makers
            Chris Cooley- This guy has seen his last days in the NFL unless the Redskins can't re-sign Davis but even then he may have seen his last days.
            Kevin Boss- I was never a big fan of us and the Chiefs not keeping him makes me want him even less.
            Brandon Myers -Possible 1 year wonder.

WR:
            Josh Cribbs -I think he signed with Arizona or was pretty close
            DHB -I'd take him
            Louis Murphy -He starteved over DHB in Oakland
            EDIT: Mohamed Massaquoi -I wonder if he's as bad as his numbers have been or just the Cleveland Browns QB have been that bad
            EDIT: Ben Obamanu -Maybe not a true #2 but think worth a look
            Steve Smith -Sorry he not the same player he was with the Giants, injury has ruined him or the lack of Eli Manning
            Dominek Hixon -The Kevin Everett connection makes him landing here almost impossible
            Ramses Barden -I don't get the interest
            So, I don't totally think you're guilty. But... I think we look at FA as a place where we should be getting instant starters. I'd like to get that out of FA too. But even if we don't we can still get upgrades at depth positions. Signing a guy like Kevin Boss at the minimum is a better player than Caussin or Lee.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Doesn't matter. These ******s in the front office don't think any free agents are worth talking to apparently. Instead of sending scouts to pro-days, both GMs are going.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                • Sep 2009

A lot of scrubs that won't add **** to this team are on that list. Best players available are mostly CBs, but that's thinning out as well.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                  A lot of scrubs that won't add **** to this team are on that list. Best players available are mostly CBs, but that's thinning out as well.
                  Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb

Comment

• clumping platelets

I hope they can add a veteran TE and DL depth.........I'd even give Seymour a 2 yr deal with incentives or Sen'Derrick Marks would be a good addition for the right price.

This way it narrows down the need list come draft day

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                      Felton re-signed

One of the worse run D's....we should be looking for DL help

CIN DT Pat Sims was signed by OAK. There's your run defender.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                        Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb
                        Harrison, Dansby, Moore, Davis, Reed, and Freeney are the guys that are worth a look but most are over the hill. Receivers on that list are ****. Still a few CBs this team needs one but I'm dumb so ill leave it to the experts to compile these lists.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
                          Harrison, Dansby, Moore, Davis, Reed, and Freeney are the guys that are worth a look but most are over the hill. Receivers on that list are ****. Still a few CBs this team needs one but I'm dumb so ill leave it to the experts to compile these lists.
                          Your words were that they were scrubs, most of those listed are not. So that was a pretty dumb statement. Any one of those players if signed by the Bills would make them better. It's just too bad that Buddy has no interest in making this team better.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

As far fetched as it sounds, I think they're still giving Troup a shot at DT. I'm not endorsing it myself but I've read a few reports recently about his rehab going well and how he's lifting the gym. Place him next to Dareus inside for a number of snaps and the run D does improve.

What they really need is a better answer at MLB. I can see Bradham and Lawson outside.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              As far fetched as it sounds, I think they're still giving Troup a shot at DT. I'm not endorsing it myself but I've read a few reports recently about his rehab going well and how he's lifting the gym. Place him next to Dareus inside for a number of snaps and the run D does improve.

What they really need is a better answer at MLB. I can see Bradham and Lawson outside.
                              Nix has said this draft is deep with LBs & WRs. I expect both of those positions to be addressed in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X