Jackson could very well be our starter this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Jackson could very well be our starter this year.

The more gametape I watch on these guys, the more lukewarm I get about them.

Smith vs K-State. Did not hit a big pass all game, two ugly picks, and generally looked uncomfortable out there. Would I take a flier in the 2nd, or even trade back from 8 into the 20s and draft him? Sure. Does he look like a top 10 pick? No.

Our failure to grab a Kirk Cousins or Wilson last year IMO may have set us back a year. Unfortunately, the best path to the SB may be to continue to build and develop talent in '13, and start our run in '14.

• Oaf
    • Jun 2007

Re: Jackson could very well be our starter this year.

Wilson against South Carolina. Makes a few big throws, but misses routine ones, and takes too long on others.

Comment

• capitolneal
      • Sep 2003

Damn South Carolina. Laid wood that whole game clowney and co whacked him good I like that Wilson stood in pocket and took a few hits to complete the ball

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
        The more gametape I watch on these guys, the more lukewarm I get about them.

Smith vs K-State. Did not hit a big pass all game, two ugly picks, and generally looked uncomfortable out there. Would I take a flier in the 2nd, or even trade back from 8 into the 20s and draft him? Sure. Does he look like a top 10 pick? No.

Our failure to grab a Kirk Cousins or Wilson last year IMO may have set us back a year. Unfortunately, the best path to the SB may be to continue to build and develop talent in '13, and start our run in '14.
        Would anyone look like a Top 10 pick if you only looked at their worst game? Smith isn't a flawless prospect, I admit that. But if he was a flawless prospect, we wouldn't have a prayer of drafting him at #8.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Oaf
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
          Would anyone look like a Top 10 pick if you only looked at their worst game? Smith isn't a flawless prospect, I admit that. But if he was a flawless prospect, we wouldn't have a prayer of drafting him at #8.
          I always watch the underdog matchups. What gametape would you recommend watching?

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
            I always watch the underdog matchups. What gametape would you recommend watching?
            Cookie G likes to point out Geno vs. Oklahoma. Even with the two picks, Smith has to make pass after pass to wideouts that are being blanketed ,

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• gloveus
              • Sep 2010

If the Bills do somehow manage to draft Smith high, I hope it's because they did their due diligence in scouting and not because he's the top media favorite QB. I think if the Bills draft the wrong QB high in this draft, it will cost Marrone his job, regardless of whether he made the pick or not.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

In those Geno Smith highlights he looked just like Fitz.

Comment

• Oaf
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  In those Geno Smith highlights he looked just like Fitz.
                  I thought Wilson did w/ his ill-advised throws and easy misses. Smith did take a ton of sacks.. Illuminati, I'll post the Ok game next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EmybAZdY06g (Nassib vs Mizzou)

So here's Ryan Nassib 'dog games vs Louisville and Mizzou. Nassib makes actually makes big throws in both games. I particularly like his 3rd down conversions and ability to score when needed. I feel like he'll go before our 2nd round pick, which puts us in somewhat of a quandary.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

I have a problem with Nassib's accuracy and how he handles pressure when the pocket collapses. I prefer a QB with a natural ability to elude blitzing defenses. Especially in college film as the pressure in those games are vanilla compared to what they will see in the pro game. I do like that he doesn't have a problem taking chances downfield. But the only reason I would even consider Nassib in the 2nd round is because he knows the offense.

I much prefer EJ Manuel. Manuel operated from a no huddle offensive scheme most of his college career using several offensive sets, and he has an effortless stride when escaping the pass rush. He is quite elusive for his size and has a tremendous amount of athleticism. When watching him on film he appears large in the pocket but then manages to somehow get skinny when running with the ball. I think this kid is truly underrated and I believe he could go bottom of the 1st. Much better value for a high 2nd in my opinion.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                      Cookie G likes to point out Geno vs. Oklahoma. Even with the two picks, Smith has to make pass after pass to wideouts that are being blanketed ,
                      The throw to Stedman in that game was the best thrown I've ever seen.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Here is the Smith v. Oklahoma cut ups;

The throw down the sideline to Austin around 1:30, watch the shoulder fake to keep the safety in the middle.

Back foot throw at 2:00 over the entire defense for a TD to Bailey.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Here is the Smith v. Oklahoma cut ups;

The throw down the sideline to Austin around 1:30, watch the shoulder fake to keep the safety in the middle.

Back foot throw at 2:00 over the entire defense for a TD to Bailey.

That entire drive - Smith was just on fire. If we end up this guy, I hope we see a lot more of that.

And how bout that throw deep from his own endzone?
                          Last edited by RedEyE; 03-18-2013, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• fluteflakes
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            The throw to Stedman in that game was the best thrown I've ever seen.
                            Bracket coverage with safety over the top, three guys within a FOOT of the ball, and he fits it in, on a dime right into Stedman's hands, on the move, falling backwards, off just his plant leg with barely any time to set his feet, from his own endzone while the entire Oklahoma D-Line is about to nail him.

That play sold me on Geno Smith. He's got "it". And for once I want the Bills to have a QB with "it".
                            Last edited by fluteflakes; 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I'll be surprised if Jackson starts, but it's ceretainly not impossible.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X