• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strongman
    • Apr 2006

Video: Gruden with QB Ryan Nassib

Apologies if this was posted somewhere else on here

It’s no secret the Buffalo Bills have their eye on former Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib. He played in college under Doug Marrone, who is now the first-year head coach in Buffalo.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Video: Gruden with QB Ryan Nassib

Terrible segment.

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

...to expand on that, Gruden has elevated his schtick to new levels. I know nothing more about Nassib than I did before watching that. And Nassib seemed a little put off by Gruden, and seemed reluctant to even respond.

Comment

• Strongman
        • Apr 2006

Gruden is saying Nassib is the top QB prospect in this draft (not that it means anything)...

On a media conference call Monday, ESPN analyst Jon Gruden indicated he personally preferred former Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib to any other quarterback in the Class of 2013.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
          • Oct 2002

I like Nassib but not at 8. His ball control worries me, as with EJ Manuels.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BADTHINGSMAN View Post
            I like Nassib but not at 8. His ball control worries me, as with EJ Manuels.
            I don't like any QB at #8.

And the ball control doesn't concern me even though neither QB are any good at it whatsoever. That can be corrected, relatively quickly.

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              I don't like any QB at #8.

And the ball control doesn't concern me even though neither QB are any good at it whatsoever. That can be corrected, relatively quickly.
              With you on not liking any QB at 8.

Comment

• Strongman
                • Apr 2006

I'm warming up to Nassib, but not at #8 (or any other QB at #8). If we could trade down into the high teens and grab him, I could live with that.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

All you guys who are fine with taking a QB if we can trade down please help me understand????? If he sucks is it going to make any difference if we took him at 8 or 18? If he's great is it going to make any difference? Only difference is if the extra pick they would get turns into a good player. It they like a QB then they should take him at 8.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                    All you guys who are fine with taking a QB if we can trade down please help me understand????? If he sucks is it going to make any difference if we took him at 8 or 18? If he's great is it going to make any difference? Only difference is if the extra pick they would get turns into a good player. It they like a QB then they should take him at 8.
                    Looks like you answered your own question. Getting value out of your draft picks is what the good teams do.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                      Looks like you answered your own question. Getting value out of your draft picks is what the good teams do.

Not worth the risk IMO. Say they like a certain QB then lose him trying to get another pick. He turns into a good or great player. How many Bills fans would give a **** about an extra pick then? If they don't have one that like a lot more than another fine. If they have a clear top guy than take him at 8.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Didn't watch a lot of Syracuse but started to do so over the last few weeks, loved what I saw at times, hated what I saw at other times. Plays calm/cool at points, then speeds the game up and hurries everything. His OL did him no favors, once he got hit a few times his clock sped up, happens to most QB, concerning non the less.

Reminds me of another QB that came out a couple of years ago and has had good success, although not a large sample of games. Wouldn't mind having him or Wilson, but the 8th selection may be higher than I want to select either. Guess if he's your guy it doesn't matter where he goes.

Nix made it a point on the interview he did that with Murphy that guys like Kap, and Wilson would easily be first rounders, top ten guys, after the fact. So if the brain trust thinks these guys are that good, it's not a reach in their eyes.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                          Not worth the risk IMO. Say they like a certain QB then lose him trying to get another pick. He turns into a good or great player. How many Bills fans would give a **** about an extra pick then? If they don't have one that like a lot more than another fine. If they have a clear top guy than take him at 8.
                          Well that's a fine stance to take, the draft is a gamble. If Nassib sucks and he's not there when we pick after a trade back, then we have 2 other draft picks to screw up instead of just 1.

Comment

• jwenger
                            snoopy the dog
                            • Mar 2013

I don't like Nassib. If you really evaluate him you will see he
                            will never be any better then Fitz was. In fact he won't even be as good as Fitz.
                            Can not throw the long ball and is very INCONSISTANT. He is shorter,lighter and not
                            as fast or elusive as E.J. Manuel. Scratch Nassib off the list. Manuel>>>Nassib

Comment

• cookie G
                              • Mar 2003

He can't slide. Why would anyone want him?

Damn, Gruden, what the hell happened to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X