• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I'm real excited about the possibilities at WR in this draft

Nix talked about 3 or 4 guys into the 2nd round that look like they can fit the type we want.

Really like the looks of all 4 of these guys for the Bills:

1) Cordarelle Patterson (early to mid 1st)- Athletic monster, durable, but inexperienced
    2) Keenan Allen (mid to late 1st)- Rugged baller, experienced
    3) Robert Woods (late 1st to early 2nd)- Love the way he plays, good athleticism, good YAC, durable, good hands
    4) Justin Hunter (2nd round)- Super athletic, good hands, but durability is something to check in on

And if we don't take Patterson in the 1st, I think Allen will go mid to the bottom of round 1 and that Woods may also be gone before our pick.

I think Hunter is the most likely WR pick for us in the 2nd.

That's into the 2nd round. There's guys later on:

Ryan Swope
    Greg Childs
    Da'Rick Rodgers
    Aaron Mellette

A lot of strong, fast, big, athletic WR's in this class to choose from. And I really think we will draft one before Day 2 is done. If I had to guess, I'd think it would be Hunter in Round 2 but there's a real chance at Robert Woods in Round 2 as well.
    Last edited by X-Era; 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM.

• The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: I'm real excited about the possibilities at WR in this draft

Patterson is the guy I like most come draft day. Yet I wouldn't be opposed moving down and getting Allen. I'm not sold on Woods. Yet outside of Patterson and Allen there are a few other guys on my list if go with a LB or QB in Round 1. Terrence Williams is Round 2 gem to me. As to me he's hard pass on because the guy produced without RGIII and Baylor's had some good guys come out lately in Gordon and Kendell Wright. DeAndre Hopkins is also a guy I like in Round 2 but he might go at the end of Round 1. I'm not sold on Hunter but think he's good value in Round 2. Rodgers is a guy that could slide to Round 3 as his checkered background might scare teams off. Yet Aaron Dobson struggled last year but was good the year before and could be a sold guy for Round 3. One name that I like in the mid rounds that might surprise people is Corey Fuller but rather not wait for a WR that late as rather get one with our top 3 picks. Yet ideally a trade down in Round 1 that nets us a mid round pick and a day 2 or 3 pick would be ideal as let us get 4 players after Round 3 be perfect as right now think we need a QB, WR, LB in the worse way and would also be willing to take an OG like Cooper if we were drafting later in Round 1.

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

I'm not crazy about most of those guys. I love Woods, but I'm not a big fan of Patterson or Hunter. Was watching defensive prospects yesterday and saw Hunter drop uncovered passes against Florida and NC State. Bray gets dinged a little because he supposedly benefited from having Patterson, Hunter, Da'Rick Rogers and now suddenly Zach Rogers is also a draftable receiver. What I saw watching those two games and vs. Miss St. was Bray throwing them open. Don't get me wrong, if you get the ball in Patterson's hands and get him moving he's something special, but his biggest plays are kick returns and end-arounds. When is he going to turn into a WR?

Allen I see some stuff I like and some stuff I don't.

I really like Terrance Williams, Deandre Hopkins, and Quinton Patton though. After them I like Austin, Dobson, Wheaton, Swope, Boyce, Harper, Bailey, King, M. Wilson, Lemon, and Bumphis.

Obviously, this is all JMO.

Comment

• cookie G
        • Mar 2003

Allen may or may not have failed a drug test.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Basically they said there was too much water in his urine, a hint at trying to mask something.

With that said, I agree, there seems to be a good amount of talent in the WR group this year, especially into rounds 2-3. There may be enough talent left in round 4.

Taking one in round 2 should be a priority. I'd take another in the mid rounds also.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

I like the receivers too, but our front office is terrible and they'll probably muck things up. They need two receivers if you ask me, I'm not counting on TJ Graham, dude is junk.

Comment

• gonzo1105
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
            Patterson is the guy I like most come draft day. Yet I wouldn't be opposed moving down and getting Allen. I'm not sold on Woods. Yet outside of Patterson and Allen there are a few other guys on my list if go with a LB or QB in Round 1. Terrence Williams is Round 2 gem to me. As to me he's hard pass on because the guy produced without RGIII and Baylor's had some good guys come out lately in Gordon and Kendell Wright. DeAndre Hopkins is also a guy I like in Round 2 but he might go at the end of Round 1. I'm not sold on Hunter but think he's good value in Round 2. Rodgers is a guy that could slide to Round 3 as his checkered background might scare teams off. Yet Aaron Dobson struggled last year but was good the year before and could be a sold guy for Round 3. One name that I like in the mid rounds that might surprise people is Corey Fuller but rather not wait for a WR that late as rather get one with our top 3 picks. Yet ideally a trade down in Round 1 that nets us a mid round pick and a day 2 or 3 pick would be ideal as let us get 4 players after Round 3 be perfect as right now think we need a QB, WR, LB in the worse way and would also be willing to take an OG like Cooper if we were drafting later in Round 1.
            So your sold on Patterson and his one year of experience where he dominated in only one game (Troy), and your not sold on a guy like Woods who has almost triple the college production and has dominated such teams as Oregon and Stanford.

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

I don't know, the Bills brass is probably thinking they have alot of in-house talent already and have invested significant draft assets in recent drafts. For Buddy, he feels he has a true track speedster waiting to blossom after a mediocre first season. Then he has his ace card, in the Calvin Johnson like size-speed prospect known as Marcus Easley, who has the same attributes as Megatron minus only the durability, production, route running aptitude and hands of Megatron. Buddy wisely stashed Easley deep on the bench/injured list waiting to get a QB with the arm talent of Kolb to exploit what is sure to be a lethal air attack in Buffalo this season. Couple all this with having a wise, professional, high character leader and mentor in Steve Johnson and it is hard to imagine the young Bills wide receivers not taking flight . . .

Comment

• jwenger
                snoopy the dog
                • Mar 2013

Ryan Swope is my guy. He could be had in the 3rd round hopefully.
                He is a 4.3 guy and gets open and runs good routes. Watch his tapes
                he runs past defenders. This DB from Arkansas was trying to chase him
                down and Swope just burned him and left him in the dust.Would love to
                see him as a Bill. He made Johnny Manziel look good enough to win the Heisman.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
                  So your sold on Patterson and his one year of experience where he dominated in only one game (Troy), and your not sold on a guy like Woods who has almost triple the college production and has dominated such teams as Oregon and Stanford.
                  Denarius Moore, Robert Meachem & Donte Stallworth > Damian Williams, Mike Williams, Ronald Johnson & Patrick Turner. I realize individuals should be looked at individuals but the recent record of Tennessee WRs has been better than USC. Not to mention Coradelle Patterson is a better athlete than Woods. So yes, I look at potential and all things considered and go with the the lesser stats in this case. To claim that Patterson dominated just one game is an injustice to him. As show me another WR in this draft that can return kicks and take a handoff and score a TD as well as Patterson did last year in his only year in the NCAA. Yet he also dominated in JUCO too that people want to dismiss which is a mistake.
                  Last edited by The Jokeman; 04-17-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                    Nix talked about 3 or 4 guys into the 2nd round that look like they can fit the type we want.

Really like the looks of all 4 of these guys for the Bills:

1) Cordarelle Patterson (early to mid 1st)- Athletic monster, durable, but inexperienced
                    2) Keenan Allen (mid to late 1st)- Rugged baller, experienced
                    3) Robert Woods (late 1st to early 2nd)- Love the way he plays, good athleticism, good YAC, durable, good hands
                    4) Justin Hunter (2nd round)- Super athletic, good hands, but durability is something to check in on

And if we don't take Patterson in the 1st, I think Allen will go mid to the bottom of round 1 and that Woods may also be gone before our pick.

I think Hunter is the most likely WR pick for us in the 2nd.

That's into the 2nd round. There's guys later on:

Ryan Swope
                    Greg Childs
                    Da'Rick Rodgers
                    Aaron Mellette

A lot of strong, fast, big, athletic WR's in this class to choose from. And I really think we will draft one before Day 2 is done. If I had to guess, I'd think it would be Hunter in Round 2 but there's a real chance at Robert Woods in Round 2 as well.
                    #1 is too raw and may have been 1 or the 2 guys that trashed that Combine hotel room. Only did it for 1 year at Tenny.
                    #2 may have failed a Combine drug test.
                    #3,#4 would be very good picks in Round 2.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

1) Barkley
                      2) Woods

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

I don't think much of this years' bunch.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          #1 is too raw and may have been 1 or the 2 guys that trashed that Combine hotel room. Only did it for 1 year at Tenny.
                          #2 may have failed a Combine drug test.
                          #3,#4 would be very good picks in Round 2.
                          There's way too much hearsay in this assessment

Comment

• jwenger
                            snoopy the dog
                            • Mar 2013

Forgot to mention RYAN SWOPE is a helluva blocker and is no pussy
                            out there. He lays out LB's and CB's and enables Johnny Manziel to make
                            some long runs. He is all around the real deal.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              Denarius Moore, Robert Meachem & Donte Stallworth > Damian Williams, Mike Williams, Ronald Johnson & Patrick Turner. I realize individuals should be looked at individuals but the recent record of Tennessee WRs has been better than USC.
                              I don't disagree with that, but Patterson only played one year at UT so it's hard to give them credit for developing him. It's like when people credit Wisconsin for Russell Wilson when he was already a graduate student with a bowl win and a First Team All-ACC selection under his belt before he enrolled.

If you take Patterson over Woods, you are banking on physical potential over production.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X