Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jim Kelly has Cancer

Thanks
    Thanked 5,214 Times in 3,683 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jim Kelly has Cancer

Cancer touched my family quite sadly, not too far after Norwood missed his kick. My Mom wasn't a big sports fan, not her a normal Bills backer herself spent her last few months alive after watching that happen. After the kick went wide right, my Mom began to cry. I looked at her in amazement & wondered why she would be so emotional. She basically spent the additional time in confusion after cleaning up & didn't say a lot after it happened. She had me laid down several years earlier to the event explaining that she had cancer & that she wasn't going to live all that much longer. Being younger, I wrote it off as impossible in denial.

She went in and out of the hospital for several years in-between & looked to be good when she and back for treatment, my brother preparing her new kitchen & bathroom she always wanted. Finally my brother got all done with those improvements & Mom passed never to come home to see them. She passed & every game I hoped for a better day to say look Mom we finally did won it.

Maybe some day, I'll get to hold a sign as an event to acknowledge that we finally did it & to RIP. You'll know me by that event event, being there for that moment. Someday she won't cry anymore for the Bills losing, based on my thinking she's still waiting for that day. We all have our battles to fight, mine is just a little farther away than I'd like to admit. I bet Jim's isn't that far off from mine, having something that simple in common.

2. Post thanked by:

ParanoidAndroid (06-08-2013),trapezeus (06-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Funny about Opie's complete absence from these threads after his display of absolute douche-baggery.

4. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (06-09-2013),Generalissimus Gibby (06-07-2013)

I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Funny about Opie's complete absence from these threads after his display of absolute douche-baggery.
    From a PR standpoint he is playing it correctly. He was wrong in his guess and he screwed up. He knows the best course of action is to just stay silent and not acknowledge his mistake and hes hoping this will all blow over as quickly as possible

Here to point out the obvious....

6. Post thanked by:

Generalissimus Gibby (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

i wonder if the bills have something big planned for Jim's recovery. maybe a donation drive or something at the season opener.

a good way to support in the meantime is probably donating to the roswell park cancer ride that is later this month. i'm sure everyone knows someone riding, so donate to their cause.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    OP will never admit he's wrong. He'd rather not reply.

9. Post thanked by:

mayotm (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,895 Times in 3,464 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    From a PR standpoint he is playing it correctly. He was wrong in his guess and he screwed up. He knows the best course of action is to just stay silent and not acknowledge his mistake and hes hoping this will all blow over as quickly as possible
    You're confused. He never guessed he had "fallen off the wagon" that was a joke, remember? Now if he HAD fallen off the wagon he'd have correctly predicted it. Don't you read his stuff? It's always "I'm never wrong so I'll dig in my heels even if I am or I'll make up a straw man argument to muddy the water", nothing new to see here.

A man of character would say "I've thought about it and it really isn't nice to make jokes and/or nasty speculation about anyone's health, particularly a Bills icon. Alcoholism is not a joke. Cancer is not a joke. I was wrong and I've learned a valuable lesson. I'm sorry."

Don't hold your breath waiting for that though.

11. Post thanked by:

mayotm (06-08-2013)

I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
    Don't you read his stuff? It's always "I'm never wrong so I'll dig in my heels even if I am or I'll make up a straw man argument to muddy the water", nothing new to see here.

The best is when he claims something NEVER..NEVER..NEVER.. EVER happens and when you point it out to him that it has happened he will claim "Well that was the exception it's not the rule"

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I heard he's getting treatment at Roswell, does anyone have verification for that? The reason I ask is because my Gram just had a tumor removed from her lung and she heard he might be on the same floor. Best wishes to both.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Doctors expect speedy recovery for Jim Kelly after jaw surgery

"At Mr. Kelly's request, we thank everyone for their concern and well wishes for him and his family," the statement said. "Today, Mr. Kelly underwent a partial maxillectomy to remove a squamous cell carcinoma of the upper gingival caused be chronic irritation at the gum site. He underwent reconstruction with a dental obturator. The surgery went very well. We are hopeful for and anticipate a speedy recovery and successful outcome.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-after-surgery

15. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (06-09-2013),sukie (06-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

nice

I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?" The last buffalo fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,741 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,672 Times in 3,403 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sukie View Post
    not oral structures for it to be oral cancer.
    "Today, Mr. Kelly underwent a partial maxillectomy to remove a squamous cell carcinoma of the upper gingival caused be chronic irritation at the gum site."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...a-e680d150691b

Yeah, so..... I wonder what the source of the chronic irritation in his gums was from. Either chew or alcohol is most likely.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I pray for a healthy recovery for Jimbo.