Are We Concerned About Not Having a Deal Done With Byrd Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Are We Concerned About Not Having a Deal Done With Byrd Yet?

I appreciate we have a couple more weeks to get it done, but the news certainly has not been positive.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Are We Concerned About Not Having a Deal Done With Byrd Yet?

His agent is the hold out King. It's not a surprise and who knows what they are thinking, after seeing the possible replacements during the recent OTA's.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• GvilleBills
      • Mar 2006

Eugene Parker is an *******, but he's the type of guy a player would want fighting for him.
      Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

I'm concerned, just get it done.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

I'm very concerned and have been for months.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

zero concern honestly. no way these guys bone this one up. they have the leverage and desire, they will get a deal done. might be a few days before the opener cuz its so high profile but itll get done
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
              zero concern honestly. no way these guys bone this one up. they have the leverage and desire, they will get a deal done. might be a few days before the opener cuz its so high profile but itll get done
              I believe a long term contract has to be done before July 15.........................Stay tuned.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

If we can't get a long term deal done with him then we should try and work out a trade for him. There is no reason keeping him for one season on a team that doesn't have a realistic chance at contending for even a playoff spot let alone a deep playoff run.

If they are offering him fair money according to the recent contracts given out and he's not taking it then he obviously doesn't want to be here. If they are trying to squeeze him then they are showing their incompetence.

If we can't keep him or they don't plan on keeping him beyond this year then at least get something for him. It would be an utter incompetence to let one of the best young safeties in his prime walk for nothing. If we could get a 1st or a 2nd and 3rd/4th for him then it would be better then letting him walk. That's the worse that could happen. I would rather keep him though.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

It wouldn't surprise me to eventually see Byrd in a Chargers uniform.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

No most of these deals happen in the days before camp not the weeks. If camp starts and he's not in then its time to get worried.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• bleve
                      • Mar 2005

Deadlines usually make things happen. That doesn't mean I'm not worried, other than Peters I don't know how much success we've had with his agent.
                      "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
                      ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

As long as Byrd suits up for the Bills against the Patriots in Week 1 that's all that matters, granted I think he also needs to play in the preseason to get an understanding of the new D etc.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I find it extremely frustrating that the Bills failed to resign their own in Levitre and Byrd AND failed to attract any big-name FA's. Byrd should have been in OTA's and mini camp and he NEEDS to be in camp on the first day if he's going to learn the new D.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

Not worried at all!!!
                            If Aaron Williams gets more time out there Byrd may be a goner..
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

I want him back. excellent safety. but im not sweating it. I think aaron Williams can be a excellent safety... but at least he wil play this year

Comment

Working...
                              X