X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

He's Got, "It." EJ Manuel Is Winning The QB Competition

It's not even close according to numerous reports. Listening to WGR today I heard how Kolb hasn't performed very well and the young rookie looks very good in comparison. A prominent national sports reporter (forgot the name) said he knew Manuel was the better of the two QB's almost instantly.

EJ Manuel is already creating a buzz around the NFL. In the grand scheme of the franchise, this is the most excellent news I've read about the Buffalo Bills in more than a decade.

Bills rookie QB EJ Manuel Has Look of Day 1 Starter
    EJ Manuel will have to fight for his job. And in many ways that has more pressure than anything Robert Griffin III or Andrew Luck had to face all last year in their rookie seasons.

Comparing Geno Smith and EJ Manuel
    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Buffalo Bills: Why EJ Manuel Will Win QB Training Camp Battle Over Kevin Kolb
    The Buffalo Bills have a legitimate quarterback battle being waged in training camp right now. As most training camp battles go, you have the veteran and the young gun fighting it out for the starting job...

Why EJ Manuel Will Start Week One For Buffalo Bills

I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the preseason!

The only thing EJ Manuel lacks is experience.

Bills vs. Colts preseason game 1 is only 10 days away.

"Can you believe it, Murph?" as Van Miller would say.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: He's Got, "It." EJ Manuel Is Winning The QB Competition

Just to put things in perspective: Manuel is outperforming a QB who was ditched in favor of Michael Vick then rejected by Arizona, going against a D that was ranked 26th in the NFL last year and is learning a new system.

Don't get me wrong- it's good to see that he's ahead of Kolb instead of looking lost (insert Geno Smith joke here). But if the last 13 years have taught us anything, it should be to not get ahead of ourselves.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
      • Mar 2013

I am cautiously optimistic as well, and I most certainly understand where you're coming from.

But you know what they say about first impressions...they're often true.

Let's just get it out of the way right now before the season even starts and jump to obvious conclusions.

The Bills have a franchise quarterback, and it shows. In the video above from nfl.com at about 1 minute 5 seconds in, did you see the size of EJ compared to the other players on the field?

He's freaking huge!

Comment

• Thurmal
        • Oct 2005

I, like every Bills fan, want to see Manuel get starts this year. But, I want Kolb to start the season. I do not want Manuel's first start to be a bloodbath against NE, like Losman's was.
        "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BillsImpossible
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
          I, like every Bills fan, want to see Manuel get starts this year. But, I want Kolb to start the season. I do not want Manuel's first start to be a bloodbath against NE, like Losman's was.
          Losman was horrible from day 1 of training camp, unlike EJ Manuel.

His teammates thought he was an arrogant, cocky, immature ***** and didn't want to play for him, unlike EJ Manuel.

Losman was the biggest reach in Bills history.

EJ Manuel is the polar opposite of Losman in so many ways.

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
            Losman was horrible from day 1 of training camp, unlike EJ Manuel.

His teammates thought he was an arrogant, cocky, immature ***** and didn't want to play for him, unlike EJ Manuel.

Losman was the biggest reach in Bills history.

EJ Manuel is the polar opposite of Losman in so many ways.
            And you know this after 4 days of training camp? Losman said and did all the right things. Then dumbass Mularkey gave him his first NFL action during the 4th quarter of a Pats beatdown in New England and watched him get mangled. Losman the biggest reach in Bills history? John McCargo, Donte Whitner, Erik Flowers, and Aaron Maybin would all like to have a word with you.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Just to put things in perspective: Manuel is outperforming a QB who was ditched in favor of Michael Vick then rejected by Arizona, going against a D that was ranked 26th in the NFL last year and is learning a new system.

Don't get me wrong- it's good to see that he's ahead of Kolb instead of looking lost (insert Geno Smith joke here). But if the last 13 years have taught us anything, it should be to not get ahead of ourselves.
              I wish somebody would **** on you the way you **** on everything positive.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                • Mar 2013

"Losman said and did all the right things."

No he didn't, and his record proved it. Losman never earned the respect of the team because he did not say and do all the right things. If he did, he'd still be in the league.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  I wish somebody would **** on you the way you **** on everything positive.
                  I didn't **** on anything. I simply stated the reality. And the guy that posted it agreed with me.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Why do you feel the need to "put things in perspective"? WHYYYYYY???? Just let it play out man.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

I didn't **** on anything. I simply stated the reality. And the guy that posted it agreed with me.
                      Op I love you man. You are a zone legend but yes you did. You are one of the biggest Debbie Downers in the history of planet earth. you must know that about yourself right? I guess in OP terms it was as optimistic as you could ever be.

Lets just pray to baby Jesus EJ Manuel is the savior of the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                        • Oct 2002

I think the Bills brass brought in Kolb as somewhat of a patsy. The Bills knew that they were going to draft a QB early and start him Day 1. Kolb doesn't pose much of a threat if a rookie QB would struggle to have fans screaming for Kolb to start. If they brought in an accomplished NFL QB then this might cause unrest if EJ starts slow. But starting EJ from Day 1 with Kolb, whom for all intents and purposes is now a journeyman backup QB in the NFL, gives him room to struggle and make mistakes without someone breathing down his back.
                        Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                          Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                          • Nov 2012

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Had to laugh at local radio yesterday. Chris "Bulldog" Parker is already calling him the teams 2nd greatest QB ever. I wonder if he did the same thing several years back with Losman ?

Just let the kid play a game first before talking such nonsense. We're all rooting for him but he'll have his expected growing pains.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

i thought ej manual WAS the baby jesus
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X