• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: A clean slate

Originally posted by Mace View Post
    Made me laugh. I loved arguing with him about Spiller being a relative bust, pointing out who Spiller ranked behind still on the all time rushing list to date. I liked Spiller, was just fun to argue with Jungle, he was a rock who would not be budged.
    So he is not posting anymore?

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      What talent?!?

You have Spiller, Johnson and Wood on offense. Dareus - who's now out of position, Kyle Williams - also out of position, Mario Williams - out of position all thanks to the fact we have to play a 3-4 mainly this year, Gilmore - hurt, Byrd - hurt and pissed.

That's the Bills. This is NOT a talented football team.
      Yeah it is. Believe what you want.
      SCREW THE PATS & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

it's fine to hope for the best, but on paper, and on the field, we're not very good yet. hopefully we'll turn the corner this year. buuuut I doubt it.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          You saying that the facts don't support my opiion doesn't change the reality that they do. Bad coaching alone didn't get us to 10 losses. But once again, whatever supports the delusion, right? You HAVE to believe that it was all coaching because that's the only way to support your belief that the team will be good this year. Facts be damned!
          The thing I can't figure out Op is this "it wasn't his turn" crap. No one is that stupid! There were other factors at play the we were not informed about. Now, like I always said, Gailey was a good old boy. He was a conformer. He was given some parameters and he had a play. He thought it would work out and it didn't ... and he was destroyed in the process.

The difference in the coaching is going to come form their not losing games and going out there to kick ass not going out there with parameters. I think that could make a ton of difference in our results. Even an average team that's prepared well and has the right mental attitude can win games in the regular season .... doing it in the playoffs is a whole different thing though.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
            Yeah it is. Believe what you want.
            SCREW THE PATS & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.
            I already said this is more than a 2 win team. The AFC is a weak conference overall. If the Bills were an NFC they'd be fighting to be a 2 win team.

So instead of your canned responses, tell me how I'm wrong instead. And don't tell me in terms that the Bills players are talented because they're in the NFL, that's a no brainer, I'm comparing them lacking talent vs other NFL teams.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

What evidence do you have to support this? You keep saying it but you have absolutely NOTHING to back it up- just your persistent belief that anyone associated with this team is good.
              What evidence do you have to contradict what I said?

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                I already said this is more than a 2 win team. The AFC is a weak conference overall. If the Bills were an NFC they'd be fighting to be a 2 win team.

So instead of your canned responses, tell me how I'm wrong instead. And don't tell me in terms that the Bills players are talented because they're in the NFL, that's a no brainer, I'm comparing them lacking talent vs other NFL teams.
                The AFC is so weak that it is the Conference of the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

What evidence do you have to contradict what I said?
                  Are you ****ing daft? The way these players have consistently underperformed on the field.

I am claiming they are exactly what they have shown themselves to be on the field. The evidence is there.

You are claiming they are better than that based on absolutely nothing.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

The top end talent of the AFC is good (Denver, New England, Houston, Baltimore) but after that there are a bunch of average and crappy teams.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

You mean the champs that got whooped on national TV last night?
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Spiderweb
                        ....formerly OhBF
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        IIRC, a Kenmore West H.S. alumnus. He remembers the "radar" defense...
                        Forgive the spelling as it's been quite long time ago, but HC Jules Yakapovich (sp?), QB's Streicher and Sutton, TE Miller, WR Tepas........ I believe the year was 1969 and KW destroyed every team in heir path. Nationally ranked as well. I was but a wee lad, and my older sister knew Gregg Easterbrook, Played against Lockport, Niagara-Wheatfield, Kenmore East, etc.....

Ah the memories of growing up in Kenmore.

(Radar defense - IIRC it had a 135-140 lb DE and he played upright - ala the "Radar"....)
                        Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                        own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Are you ****ing daft? The way these players have consistently underperformed on the field.

I am claiming they are exactly what they have shown themselves to be on the field. The evidence is there.

You are claiming they are better than that based on absolutely nothing.
                          SCHEME/COACHING........................NOT the talent of the players on the field & you have NO FACTS that say otherwise.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

SCHEME/COACHING........................NOT the talent of the players on the field & you have NO FACTS that say otherwise.
                            Lmao- yeah no one dropped a pass or fumbled the ball or missed a block or missed a tackle or got burned in coverage or shanked a punt or missed a fg last year. None of that stuff that we all saw actually happened. It was all "scheme."
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                              • Sep 2012

Bill Walsh, who knew a thing or two about offense, had some surprising views on the requirements for running a successful one. In Walsh’s mind, a good coach did not need top of the line talent at the “skill positions,” not even at quarterback. Good scheming could work around a lot of limitations, and an offensive coach who knew what his players could and couldn’t do—and designed his system accordingly—would have no problem moving the ball. Michael Lewis compiled some convincing evidence in
                              his book The Blind Side, as every quarterback Walsh came into contact with, from Virgil Carter to Kenny Anderson to Steve DeBerg to Dan Fouts to Joe Montana to Steve Young, became radically better in short order. Walsh was not nearly so sanguine about the impact of coaching on the other side of the ball. “There’s just so much to offense that a coach really does have control of,” he said. “Defense is just a matter of having the personnel.”

Football Outsiders Almanac 2012.

Now obviously scheme and playcalling are very important, but you can't just look at a defense that posted some of the worst results in NFL history and say "It was Wannestadt. All Wannestadt." You can't just take a D that pissed off its best player, lost another one of its top players to injury, and replaced journeyman vets with either other journeyman vets or utterly raw newbies and expect a notable upgrade just because of Pettine.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                                Football Outsiders Almanac 2012.

Now obviously scheme and playcalling are very important, but you can't just look at a defense that posted some of the worst results in NFL history and say "It was Wannestadt. All Wannestadt." You can't just take a D that pissed off its best player, lost another one of its top players to injury, and replaced journeyman vets with either other journeyman vets or utterly raw newbies and expect a notable upgrade just because of Pettine.
                                Not to mention Wanny's scheme worked in Miami because he knew he had better personnel than the other team. He didn't have to have exotic blitz packages. He had multiple pro bowlers at every level of the defense.

He could just line up his guys in the same spots every play and let them dominate the guy on the other side of the ball.

Now that's not to say that Pettine's schemes won't work, but it speaks volumes for the talent level on the defense.

Their job was to go out and beat their man and most of them couldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X