• Show
Clear All
  • The Popcorn
    Cincinatti > Buffalo
    • Jun 2009

Re: A clean slate

Originally posted by better days View Post
    ​Screw ESPN & screw the 2-14 crowd.
    That's right!!!! 3-13!!! Here you come!!!!!!
    The Popcorn and Terrell Owens are coming to a town near you.

Comment

• SabreEleven
      • Aug 2002

Bills won't go 2-14, they aren't that good at sucking; more like 6-10 to make sure they get that mediocre draft pick and give us all false hope for the next season. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times by this team to be optimistic.

Comment

• stuckincincy
        Buffalo Bills Fan
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
        Bills won't go 2-14, they aren't that good at sucking; more like 6-10 to make sure they get that mediocre draft pick and give us all false hope for the next season. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times by this team to be optimistic.
        In this day and age of finding the most miniscule stuff via database searches, somebody should look up and see if they hold the record for most seasons hovering around 6 and 10.
        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven View Post
          If its 1 thing the Bills been good at its winning meaningless games and screwing up their draft position. They will be 1 meaningless win away from drafting Clowney.

Comment

• Swiper
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2010

I don't get where you get that.

Yes it is the 2nd HC, but the team was missing many pieces before this draft, especially the BIGGEST piece, the Franchise QB.

Nix said he did not want to leave the bills before getting the team a franchise QB, let's hope he got him.
            You're going to be severely disappointed. What has EJ Manuel done to make you think he will be a franchise QB? Nothing to date. This is all the same false hype we saw before Gregg Williams first real game, Mike Mularkey's first game and Gailey's first game.

Comment

• kishoph
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              again, you don't have to be blind to the realities of the team. i know the bills have almost no logical shot at being good enough to weather a season of injuries even if everyone else is performing. doesn't mean i don't want them to win. i just know the chances are really low.

Whereas you, better days, will be very optimistic and on sunday night, you'll be stunned that it didn't work out and have some angry comments on monday and then tuesday you are back to believing that it's salvagable.

one year you are going to be right. and it might be this one. and i'll gladly start a thread saying, "Better days figured it out and i was wrong" and then in the subject i'll actually say, "i was glad he was right."
              For myself I would rather be optimistic (even if it is blindly) and believe that they will win every time they play, rather than worrying about being right on a message board, especially if it gets to the point where I'm dogging my so called team. Maybe I'm stuck in the era where fans didn't rip apart their team every chance they got, so they could be right or because they are "realist."

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

you have the right to live with your head in the clouds. But if you think this team is any good you're only fooling yourself.

Comment

• kishoph
                  • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  you have the right to live with your head in the clouds. But if you think this team is any good you're only fooling yourself.
                  Any day of the week I would rather walk with my head in the clouds than walk with my head down kicking dirt.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

As much as i *****..i can dig the clean slate. I'll go one step further...with the infusion of very young talent at the QB and QR positions, I'm willing to cut the offense some slack.

I expect them to make some plays and make some boneheaded rookie mistakes also. Now, if they plan on using dump off passes extensively...they better reevaluate that now. The WR's are meant to run, the QB probably has the best pure arm since Bledsoe and...you gotta let the big dogs hunt. (Keith Jackson).

The defense...I'm sorry, they have a clean slate...but no more excuses. This is the "system" everyone wanted and there is more than enough athletic talent to keep from being doormats..as they were through the entire Buddy Nix era. It is well past time for them to produce.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by cookie G View Post
                      As much as i *****..i can dig the clean slate. I'll go one step further...with the infusion of very young talent at the QB and QR positions, I'm willing to cut the offense some slack.

I expect them to make some plays and make some boneheaded rookie mistakes also. Now, if they plan on using dump off passes extensively...they better reevaluate that now. The WR's are meant to run, the QB probably has the best pure arm since Bledsoe and...you gotta let the big dogs hunt. (Keith Jackson).

The defense...I'm sorry, they have a clean slate...but no more excuses. This is the "system" everyone wanted and there is more than enough athletic talent to keep from being doormats..as they were through the entire Buddy Nix era. It is well past time for them to produce.
                      I have said from the day Marrone was hired, I don't want to hear any excuses.

And now knowing Marrone & his staff, I know they will own whatever happens win or lose.

I don't know if the Bills will win this game or not, but on Sunday, I will wear my Bills shirt with pride & my head held high in the clouds.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by cookie G View Post

I think we'll find our way.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Nix has completely rebuilt this team in his time as GM. There are only four players on the roster that were Bills before 2010.

Now with a new front office, GM, HC & entire Coaching staff, this is not your daddy's Bills.

The past 13 years are OVER & people that think the Bills will be the same as they have been in the past will soon be proved wrong.

As Marcus Easley said, Marrone has given all the players a clean slate.

It is now up to them to write a new chapter in Bills history.

As Marv used to say: Where would you rather be than right here right now?

And as Jon Gruden said at Kickoff at the Ralph: Learn to love this time & this team, Why not the Buffalo Bills right here right now?

GO BILLS...........................and screw the 2-14 crowd.
                          Lmao what a joke- wow, Buddy Nix turned over the group of losers we had for a whole new group of losers! Impressive!

How many players do we still have from last year's pathetic team? Answer? Way too many.

Why not the Buffalo Bills right here, right now? Let me see- rookie HC, new systems on both sides of the ball, rookie QB, OL that lost a starter and 2 key backups (one to FA, one to injury), only one proven WR, paper tiger DL, arguably the worst LB's in the NFL, mediocre CB's with Gilmore injured, only proven S held out and is injured, street FA kicker cuz the rookie is injured.....

That's why not.

****, I hope this team wins, but it's illogical to expect it. That's why I hate the rah-rah bull****.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Lmao what a joke- wow, Buddy Nix turned over the group of losers we had for a whole new group of losers! Impressive!

How many players do we still have from last year's pathetic team? Answer? Way too many.

Why not the Buffalo Bills right here, right now? Let me see- rookie HC, new systems on both sides of the ball, rookie QB, OL that lost a starter and 2 key backups (one to FA, one to injury), only one proven WR, paper tiger DL, arguably the worst LB's in the NFL, mediocre CB's with Gilmore injured, only proven S held out and is injured, street FA kicker cuz the rookie is injured.....

That's why not.

****, I hope this team wins, but it's illogical to expect it. That's why I hate the rah-rah bull****.
                            ​SCREW THE PATS* & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              You're going to be severely disappointed. What has EJ Manuel done to make you think he will be a franchise QB? Nothing to date. This is all the same false hype we saw before Gregg Williams first real game, Mike Mularkey's first game and Gailey's first game.
                              What has EJ done to make you think he won't be a franchise QB? In both cases there is no answer since he's a rookie & the season hasn't started yet. Luck, RGIII & Wilson were in the same boat that EJ's in now 4 days before the 2012 season started.
                              I think you're going to be disappointed that your negativity won't be valid anymore when the Bills turn things around. Some people would actually prefer EJ busts just so they can say I told you so.

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Nix has completely rebuilt this team in his time as GM. There are only four players on the roster that were Bills before 2010.

Now with a new front office, GM, HC & entire Coaching staff, this is not your daddy's Bills.

The past 13 years are OVER & people that think the Bills will be the same as they have been in the past will soon be proved wrong.

As Marcus Easley said, Marrone has given all the players a clean slate.

It is now up to them to write a new chapter in Bills history.

As Marv used to say: Where would you rather be than right here right now?

And as Jon Gruden said at Kickoff at the Ralph: Learn to love this time & this team, Why not the Buffalo Bills right here right now?

GO BILLS...........................and screw the 2-14 crowd.
                                Seriously, I don't know why you continue to tout Buddy Nix. You quoted the TMQ post so clearly you read how he botched our draft, and the best record he ever got us was 6-10.

SIX AND TEN. SIX WINS, TEN LOSSES. That was his BEST.

if you think that's good enough, well, then you deserve the losing.

Of course, it goes with your whole mantra: if Nix was good and it was all just a bad coach, it supports your delusion that this team is good. No reason to let actual facts like record and draft results get in the way
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X