• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: A clean slate

Originally posted by better days View Post
    ​SCREW THE PATS* & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.
    Intelligent, well-formed response.

This team won't be 2-14. Then we might actually get a top prospect in the draft. We're more the 4-5 win type.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Seriously, I don't know why you continue to tout Buddy Nix. You quoted the TMQ post so clearly you read how he botched our draft, and the best record he ever got us was 6-10.

SIX AND TEN. SIX WINS, TEN LOSSES. That was his BEST.

if you think that's good enough, well, then you deserve the losing.

Of course, it goes with your whole mantra: if Nix was good and it was all just a bad coach, it supports your delusion that this team is good. No reason to let actual facts like record and draft results get in the way
      Yes I blame 6-10 last year on the Coaching & the QB play.

You have no evidence to the contrary, just your OPINION. NOT FACTS on your part any more than mine.

WE both have differing opinions.

I am at least willing to acknowledge it is opinion on both our parts while you are trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Yes I blame 6-10 last year on the Coaching & the QB play.

You have no evidence to the contrary, just your OPINION. NOT FACTS on your part any more than mine.

WE both have differing opinions.

I am at least willing to acknowledge it is opinion on both our parts while you are trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

Lmao. I don't know where to start here. 6-10 is a FACT. The players chosen after Nix's picks are FACTS.

And not all opinions are equal. Some are supported by fact, some are supported by nothing more than what an individual wants to be true.

Oh, and you say coaching and QB play screwed us last year- who do you think hired that coach? Who do you think gave that QB a huge contract only to cut him 18 months later, sticking us with $3 MILLION in dead cap this year and $7 MILLION in dead cap next year? BUDDY ****ING NIX!!!!

The same guy you are crediting CREATED the situations that you blame for last year's failure. The cognitive dissonance is appalling.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Lmao. I don't know where to start here. 6-10 is a FACT. The players chosen after Nix's picks are FACTS.

And not all opinions are equal. Some are supported by fact, some are supported by nothing more than what an individual wants to be true.

Oh, and you say coaching and QB play screwed us last year- who do you think hired that coach? Who do you think gave that QB a huge contract only to cut him 18 months later, sticking us with $3 MILLION in dead cap this year and $7 MILLION in dead cap next year? BUDDY ****ING NIX!!!!

The same guy you are crediting CREATED the situations that you blame for last year's failure. The cognitive dissonance is appalling.
          You never saw me praise Nix for hiring Chan, but Nix had a LIMITED pool to choose from.

People did not want to come to Buffalo to Coach at that time because the Bills LACKED talent on the roster.

When Marrone was hired the situation was different because Nix rebuilt the roster & it is now talked about as being one of the more talented rosters in the NFL.

Even "EXPERTS" that don't think the Bills will make a huge improvement this year think they will do so in a year or two.

​SCREW THE PATS* & THE 2-14 CROWD.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Lmao- lots of talent on that 6-10 roster.....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Lmao- lots of talent on that 6-10 roster.....
              If you don't see the talent on this Bills team, you are blind.

And the unproven Rookies are about to prove themselves.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
                What has EJ done to make you think he won't be a franchise QB?
                This is totally backwards. EJ is the one with something to prove, not OpIvy. EJ us the one who got the first round pick contract despite healthy skepticism from the rest of the NFL.

In both cases there is no answer since he's a rookie & the season hasn't started yet. Luck, RGIII & Wilson were in the same boat that EJ's in now 4 days before the 2012 season started.
                I think you're going to be disappointed that your negativity won't be valid anymore when the Bills turn things around. Some people would actually prefer EJ busts just so they can say I told you so.
                Luck and griffin we re two of the most highly regarded qb prospects ever and they lived up to it. Wilson is the outlier.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

If you don't see the talent on this Bills team, you are blind.

And the unproven Rookies are about to prove themselves.
                  Lmfao.... So much talent that we were 6-10. And you lecture me about opinion vs fact- so many Bills rookies have choked. You saying that the rookies are about to prove themselves is opinion, not fact.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Lmfao.... So much talent that we were 6-10. And you lecture me about opinion vs fact- so many Bills rookies have choked. You saying that the rookies are about to prove themselves is opinion, not fact.
                    These Rookies will have had better Coaching from what they have shown & said.

As I said before 6-10 was because of the great Coaching & system of Wannstedt as well as the great QB play by Fitz.

I have said it was my OPINION.

BUT your view is also OPINION, NOT fact.

Comment

• Mouldsie
                      • Aug 2012

Love Marrone, Pettine, Hackett. Undecided on Whaley. Low on EJ. Hopefully I'm only 3/4!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Bills fans that go to this game will have memories of it into old age.

EJ comming out of the tunnel, the crowd CHEERING.

Bills 31 Pats* 21

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

These Rookies will have had better Coaching from what they have shown & said.

As I said before 6-10 was because of the great Coaching & system of Wannstedt as well as the great QB play by Fitz.

I have said it was my OPINION.

BUT your view is also OPINION, NOT fact.
                          Lmao- you saying that they have better coaching is opinion, not fact
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

This is an expansion franchise level talented team with a rookie HC.

For years the talent level has been around expansion franchise level. It's a revolving door. We sign one splashy guy to sell tickets who inevitably can't carry his weight, we botch draft picks left right and center, we release the marginally talented guys we do have to sign more marginally talented guys to replace - sometimes we don't replace them at all. Hell, we've yet to replace Donte Whitner and he sucked. We had Lee Evans and his one trick pony show, we still haven't replaced him not that it mattered up til now since we haven't had a QB who could throw the ball 30 yards downfield anyway.

We are now hitching our wagons to a QB who never had that outstanding breakout game in college where people said "holy shiiiit did you see what EJ Manuel did Saturday?!?" FSU's QB now already had that game last Saturday. Jameis Winston 25 of 27 356 4 TDs. IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME. We've seen not much out of EJ in preseason, sure he had a nice two minute drill drive playing dink and dunk, but that's all we've seen out of him this preseason. So what exactly are we hitching to on this guy that he's something special? Is it because he wears the colors? I'll actually buy that reasoning as that's the only thing you can cling to because let's be honest, EJ hasn't shown anything on the field to show he's gonna be lights out.

And coaching, we've heard that song and dance year in and year out with each new regime. Chan Gailey will be great! Dick Jauron will be better. Mike Mularkey is innovative and new. Gregg Williams fires the guys up. blah blah blah blah blah...

Marrone has proven nothing and he's just being rah rah'd up like the losers I listed above were.

This is a 5 win football team, at best.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Lmao- you saying that they have better coaching is opinion, not fact
                              Read my post Op, I said it was OPINION.

Just as what you have said is OPINION, other than the record 6-10 which is the ONLY fact you have presented.

You have presented NO FACTS to show 6-10 was due to the players & not the Coaching.

Comment

• better days
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                                This is an expansion franchise level talented team with a rookie HC.

For years the talent level has been around expansion franchise level. It's a revolving door. We sign one splashy guy to sell tickets who inevitably can't carry his weight, we botch draft picks left right and center, we release the marginally talented guys we do have to sign more marginally talented guys to replace - sometimes we don't replace them at all. Hell, we've yet to replace Donte Whitner and he sucked. We had Lee Evans and his one trick pony show, we still haven't replaced him not that it mattered up til now since we haven't had a QB who could throw the ball 30 yards downfield anyway.

We are now hitching our wagons to a QB who never had that outstanding breakout game in college where people said "holy shiiiit did you see what EJ Manuel did Saturday?!?" FSU's QB now already had that game last Saturday. Jameis Winston 25 of 27 356 4 TDs. IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME. We've seen not much out of EJ in preseason, sure he had a nice two minute drill drive playing dink and dunk, but that's all we've seen out of him this preseason. So what exactly are we hitching to on this guy that he's something special? Is it because he wears the colors? I'll actually buy that reasoning as that's the only thing you can cling to because let's be honest, EJ hasn't shown anything on the field to show he's gonna be lights out.

And coaching, we've heard that song and dance year in and year out with each new regime. Chan Gailey will be great! Dick Jauron will be better. Mike Mularkey is innovative and new. Gregg Williams fires the guys up. blah blah blah blah blah...

Marrone has proven nothing and he's just being rah rah'd up like the losers I listed above were.

This is a 5 win football team, at best.
                                I think you will be proven wrong, but if this team only wins 5 games, then as you said Marrone is a Loser like the rest & needs to be fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X