• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRedleg
    • Aug 2013

Hang your head high

Hang your head high.

3rd youngest team, new rookie QB, new rookie coach OC/DC and no Gilmore and Jairus Bird. And we almost beat the Pats. This team is the real deal.

This was the most important loss of our lifetime (most of us), it will let them know they have the potential but they have to dig more to be great. They showed swagger and they showed that they will not be embarrassed. They fought ****ing hard.

You know what happens with real teams, you know, something we haven't been in 10 years? Sometimes they just lose because the chips don't fall right. That's okay that is a part of sports. For once I didn't feel like we were totally overmatched and not even playing in the same league. This was a team that showed up and played great (albeit some penalties, which happens with a new team obsessed with aggression).

This was an excellent lesson for our young players especially Manuel. He was everything I hoped he would be today, even more.

We absolutely have a bright future, finally. Be proud guys. Welcome to the big boys league where sometimes you lose because that's the way **** happens, not because you are embarrassing and awful.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Hang your head high

There's nothing to hang our hats on. We CHOKED... AGAIN, vs an equally as depleted team.

Our own mistakes were the reason we lost. The Patriots look extremely vulnerable right now and we can't even do simple things like stay on sides on passing situations or run the clock down when we have a lead.

I'm tired of this moral victory bull****. How about we actually win a game for once.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

We played to win, hard to argue that.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

I wish I could believe this but it feels like every year is the same. We almost win the first game, start feeling good about ourselves... Only to get blown out the second game. I won't and can't believe this is any different until I actually see so
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• coastal
          Legendary Zoner
          • Mar 2005

EJ could have won this game.

disnt

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
            There's nothing to hang our hats on. We CHOKED... AGAIN, vs an equally as depleted team.

Our own mistakes were the reason we lost. The Patriots look extremely vulnerable right now and we can't even do simple things like stay on sides on passing situations or run the clock down when we have a lead.

I'm tired of this moral victory bull****. How about we actually win a game for once.
            Or how about not have 12 f****** people on the field every other play
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Main positive is it isn't how they start, it's how they finish...

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Plenty to be pissed about too! We have some good young players but I was totally unimpressed by the coaching staff. That was a winnable game with better coaching. The conservative offensive game plan sucked. Insisting on playing CJ when he was blowing and Freddy was rocking was stupid. Way to many penalties is a coaching thing! Marone made a bad first impression in my book.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

We played em hard and tight in 09 too...where did that get us?

We had a chance last year to beat em near the end...where did that get us?

Who gives a crap about moral victories. Just like those two games were we could have won, we found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

3 different coaching regimes, 3 choke jobs. Same old, same old.

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Crisis View Post

Our issues were penalties and those can be fixed. This was a hungry team who was out of their minds and made mistakes. For ****s sake grow a pair of balls and admit that was awesome to see that swagger. Some of you are such poopoo pussies.
                    Uh so new coach, new everything and you'll try to extrapolate that to some sort of continuity? Sometimes you just lose, that's the way it goes. But this did not feel like a loss where we were over matched, it felt like thats the way it goes. How long since you've felt that way.

God some of you are ****ing idiots.
                    Last edited by BuffaloRedleg; 09-08-2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                      We played em hard and tight in 09 too...where did that get us?

We had a chance last year to beat em near the end...where did that get us?

Who gives a crap about moral victories. Just like those two games were we could have won, we found a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

3 different coaching regimes, 3 choke jobs. Same old, same old.
                      I guess I just don't understand someone who expects a blowout, predicts a blowout, and then gets MORE upset when it isn't a blowout.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                        I guess I just don't understand someone who expects a blowout, predicts a blowout, and then gets MORE upset when it isn't a blowout.
                        Jerry Sullivan has made a career of it.

Comment

• ckg927
                          Not quite Best in the World....
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                          Jerry Sullivan has made a career of it.
                          And this joker gets a show on WBBZ with Bucky Gleason?

Well, at least they picked the right moniker for this show: B & S...which either stands for their last names, or what they'll be shoveling for 30 minutes twice a week.
                          John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                          David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloRedleg View Post
                            Hang your head high.

3rd youngest team, new rookie QB, new rookie coach OC/DC and no Gilmore and Jairus Bird. And we almost beat the Pats. This team is the real deal.

This was the most important loss of our lifetime (most of us), it will let them know they have the potential but they have to dig more to be great. They showed swagger and they showed that they will not be embarrassed. They fought ****ing hard.

You know what happens with real teams, you know, something we haven't been in 10 years? Sometimes they just lose because the chips don't fall right. That's okay that is a part of sports. For once I didn't feel like we were totally overmatched and not even playing in the same league. This was a team that showed up and played great (albeit some penalties, which happens with a new team obsessed with aggression).

This was an excellent lesson for our young players especially Manuel. He was everything I hoped he would be today, even more.

We absolutely have a bright future, finally. Be proud guys. Welcome to the big boys league where sometimes you lose because that's the way **** happens, not because you are embarrassing and awful.
                            Is this post from today, or 2003, 2005, 2008 or 2011?

They don't give trophies for potential. I'll admit there were a few encouraging signs today, but let's not go overboard. We've been here before and there were also some signs that this was the same old horse **** team.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patti120
                              • Aug 2004

Same old bills?? I hope not & I hope u r right op!

Comment

Working...
                              X